Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 52 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    vCash
    With the cap going up to 70.3 million we have a little over 26 million to resign Quincey, Helm, Abdelkader, Conklin/another backup, a top pairing defenseman, and a scoring forward. It looks like Stuart and Hudler are going to leave. We could easily afford both Parise and Suter..
    You need centerman that can play two ways and if they donít play two ways in the end, you canít win, because the guy you are counting on canít get himself on the right side of the puck enough. So sure he can score, he can score but his team loses every night, I didnít know that was the objective. I thought winning was the objective. So if you centers canít play down the middle, and canít play without the puck, you have no chance.
    - Mike Babcock

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wingman View Post
    These are some of the players that the Wings were interested in at the trade deadline - Nash, Parise, Semin, Gaustad, Moen, Ott. There were a couple of others, but I don't remember them. The Wings wanted a scorer and/or a checking forward and a defensiveman to add depth. We got Quincey. Due to the tight playoff race, the cost of the few players available at the trade-deadline was to high, so the Wings passed. The Wings even put scouts on some of these players and I thought Nash was one of them. I'm sure if you type Nash trade rumors in your search engine you can find some of those articles.
    When Holland calls me for my picks during the offseason I'll try to get him to confirm that for you . And quit being so childish. I want Nash and you don't..so. The odds of getting Nash are about the same as me hitting the lottery. Naw...I probably have better odds of hitting the lottery.
    Dude, you'll learn that its takes awhile for us to warm up to you. We gotta get used to a new opinion. Pidg is not being childish, just how it goes sometimes in here. Welcome to PSD anyhow. It's a fun forum.

vCash
    Childish? Childish is making a personal attack when your new. Learn to respect people's opinions and have a constructive argument you will make no friends throwing personal jabs. I can completely agree to disagree on Nash no problem there. Our interest in him at the deadline was quashed when we heard the price, which for us started with smith, and since he is our only real D prospect I'm sure that's where it began and finished.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westhockeytown View Post
    Dude, you'll learn that its takes awhile for us to warm up to you. We gotta get used to a new opinion. Pidg is not being childish, just how it goes sometimes in here. Welcome to PSD anyhow. It's a fun forum.
    A little initiation never hurt anyone. Thank god Pidg was new when I joined
    You need centerman that can play two ways and if they donít play two ways in the end, you canít win, because the guy you are counting on canít get himself on the right side of the puck enough. So sure he can score, he can score but his team loses every night, I didnít know that was the objective. I thought winning was the objective. So if you centers canít play down the middle, and canít play without the puck, you have no chance.
    - Mike Babcock

vCash
    Yeah haha or I might have come after you too! I seem to get into a spat at least once with everyone but hey that's what these are for to share and voice opinions. Btw where did you see new cap info? With 26m in room I would expect us to go after Semin Parise and suter haha

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pidg88 View Post
    Yeah haha or I might have come after you too! I seem to get into a spat at least once with everyone but hey that's what these are for to share and voice opinions. Btw where did you see new cap info? With 26m in room I would expect us to go after Semin Parise and suter haha
    Capgeek.com

It has the salary cap at 70.3
    - Mike Babcock

vCash
    It has to be Sutter or Parise.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WingsFan676 View Post
    It has to be Sutter or Parise.
    Take a T out and we all agree, unless you mean Brandon Sutter, then nay I do not agree.

vCash
    Just putting this out there, now that Stuart is gone, what are the odds that Holland pulls the biggest blockbuster on July 1 the league has ever seen? We sign both Weber ans Suter, with cap room to spare.

Suter-White
    Weber- Kronwall
    E- Kindl
    Green Bay Packers
    Detroit Red Wings
    Toronto Blue Jays
    Toronto Raptors

vCash
    I dont think its impossible, Nashville has some really good young D and if they feel the price is too high to keep one or both I think they let them walk. Obvioulsy Weber is a RFA and would cost us, so depending on the price they would ask that would dictate my interest level. But I dont think there is much hope in shooting or the stars right now, I just want a true top 4 because right now I dont think we have that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CheeznWingz View Post
    Just putting this out there, now that Stuart is gone, what are the odds that Holland pulls the biggest blockbuster on July 1 the league has ever seen? We sign both Weber ans Suter, with cap room to spare.

Suter-White
    Weber- Kronwall
    E- Kindl
    Slim and none. Ain't happening. If the Preds could stop us from going after Suter, I'm sure they would, but to give up both, Suter and Weber to a Division rival, I can't see it. I have to admit though, if that did happen, it would be awesome. I could possibly see a another trade rights move though to either the Preds or Devils. Get one, the other may follow. I'm referring to Suter and Parise.

vCash
    Hey, a guy can dream of 2002 can't he? Anyways, still can't figure out how we get Parise. I have a hard time believing he will leave NJ after this playoff run.
    Green Bay Packers
    Detroit Red Wings
    Toronto Blue Jays
    Toronto Raptors

vCash
    Hey, a guy can dream of 2002 can't he? Anyways, still can't figure out how we get Parise. I have a hard time believing he will leave NJ after this playoff run.
    I'm not sure if they can afford him. They're struggling financially and they have to pay Kovalchuk his 100 million.
    - Mike Babcock

vCash
    There are several variables that could put Parise in Detroit. Parise admires Datsyuk, so how bad would he like to be on the same line as Datsyuk? Does he want to play for a team that is going to be a playoff contender every year and that is known around the league by players as a great organization to play for? Can we get Suter, who is supposedly his friend? They could be on the same team. As mentioned by redwings13, the Devils are in financial trouble, plus they have 11 UFAs and 1 RFA to sign and next year they have 6 UFAs and 2 RFAs to sign. On paper the Devils don't seem like a real stable team right now. They have 28 mil in cap space, so they could sign him.
    The biggest question is, does Parise want to play for the Wings and will he tell the Devils that? If he does, I think we could see another trade rights move similar to Stuart's. That would definitely be beneficial to the Wings. They could maybe get Parise for a little less and it would be additional incentive for Suter to sign.

vCash
    The SC finals are over. Let the Parise rumors begin.
    A mysterious parachutist was spotted over Detroit. It has not been confirmed yet but sources say it may have been Zach Parise.

Page 7 of 52 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast