Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 52 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    vCash
    To me it's not worth trading a bunch of prospects to a division rival for Nash. I'd rather use the money the Wings have and go after some one. Obviously the heavy rumor right now is Suter and Parise.

Catches: 14 Yards: 125 TDs: 1

vCash
    That package wouldnt get close to touching Nash. You really think they would trade him for basically Franzen, a prospect and a 7th round pick?!? Even if you gave them their choice of prospect they would laugh at that offer just plain LAUGH. Hudler is going to hit FA to get a payday and no way he just signs with Colombus making that trade even worse. They need an upgrade at all 3 positions especially goalie and D how are they going to upgrade all 3 by that trade? Franzen is a down grade at forward from Nash, a prospect lets say its Smith they get a top 4 D and a 7th round pick and a worse streaky forward for Nash? Can we please forget about the idea for Nash no matter what we lose and why would we do it?!? Stupid just forget about it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pidg88 View Post
    That package wouldnt get close to touching Nash. You really think they would trade him for basically Franzen, a prospect and a 7th round pick?!? Even if you gave them their choice of prospect they would laugh at that offer just plain LAUGH. Hudler is going to hit FA to get a payday and no way he just signs with Colombus making that trade even worse. They need an upgrade at all 3 positions especially goalie and D how are they going to upgrade all 3 by that trade? Franzen is a down grade at forward from Nash, a prospect lets say its Smith they get a top 4 D and a 7th round pick and a worse streaky forward for Nash? Can we please forget about the idea for Nash no matter what we lose and why would we do it?!? Stupid just forget about it
    Yep, I don't see Nash going anywhere with his pricetag anyhow. No one wants to go to CBJ anyways.

vCash
    I want Nash (1st Choice). This nonsense about giving up the Wings future is just that. Nash is 27 and proven. That gives him at least 8 years of playing and the Wings 8 years of developing prospects. Nash-Datsyuk-Bertuzzi. Hudler is gone, so upgrade with Doan (UFA), a lot cheaper than Semin and will be short term (will retire when he wins the Cup), but Semin works. Filppula-Zetterberg-Doan(Semin). Can Jokinen play RW?
    If the Wings could also manage to land Suter you would be looking at next years SC contender.
    The other option - substitute Parise for Nash, but still jetison Franzen - doesn't work hard enough. The problem with Nash is I don't see the Jackets trading him to the Wings - Division rivals.

vCash
    Adressing Hudler 1st, since he is a key piece. Hudler will probably want close to 3.5-4 million next season. If you can get Hudler locked up by the Jackets before the UFA deadline, the Jackets get 2 top line forwards - Hudler and Franzen. A third line forward in Miller, or Eaves, a prospect, and a seventh round pick for roughly the same cap hit as Nash. That leaves the Jackets with roughly 14 million in cap space and at least 4 forwards which they can play or trade. It gives the Wings a young franchise player and still roughly 23 million in cap space. It really doesn't seem that stupid to me even if you had to throw in another prospect. The Wings have forwards.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wingman View Post
    I want Nash (1st Choice). This nonsense about giving up the Wings future is just that. Nash is 27 and proven. That gives him at least 8 years of playing and the Wings 8 years of developing prospects. Nash-Datsyuk-Bertuzzi. Hudler is gone, so upgrade with Doan (UFA), a lot cheaper than Semin and will be short term (will retire when he wins the Cup), but Semin works. Filppula-Zetterberg-Doan(Semin). Can Jokinen play RW?
    If the Wings could also manage to land Suter you would be looking at next years SC contender.
    The other option - substitute Parise for Nash, but still jetison Franzen - doesn't work hard enough. The problem with Nash is I don't see the Jackets trading him to the Wings - Division rivals.

Quote Originally Posted by Wingman View Post
    Adressing Hudler 1st, since he is a key piece. Hudler will probably want close to 3.5-4 million next season. If you can get Hudler locked up by the Jackets before the UFA deadline, the Jackets get 2 top line forwards - Hudler and Franzen. A third line forward in Miller, or Eaves, a prospect, and a seventh round pick for roughly the same cap hit as Nash. That leaves the Jackets with roughly 14 million in cap space and at least 4 forwards which they can play or trade. It gives the Wings a young franchise player and still roughly 23 million in cap space. It really doesn't seem that stupid to me even if you had to throw in another prospect. The Wings have forwards.
    A ton of things would have to happen for your plans to work. I don't think they're stupid, but they're pretty unrealistic.

I don't think Columbus would accept that deal. If Hudler signed then yeah it would be a lot better, but I don't see why he would unless the Jackets offered him more than he's worth. I don't really think he's a top line forward either. He's a decent second liner who found some good chemistry with Filppula and Zetterberg this year.

I think you're overrating Nash here. He's only had one ppg season (79 three years ago) and his best outside of that is 69 four years ago. Yeah he hasn't played with any good centers really but that shouldn't be an excuse. Kovalchuk was over a ppg player without a good center. His production would probably go up playing with Datsyuk but there's really no way to be sure of that.

Doan isn't going to leave Phoenix so we can just forget about signing him. You're just trying for the wings to do way too many things. In reality all we need to do is sign Suter and maybe improve the offense a little. I would love for Parise to sign with us but I doubt we would get both of the premier free agents this offseason. You gotta think a team like the Wild or Oilers will offer one something crazy like 9 million a year and that player will accept.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trueblue2 View Post
    And there's no shame in banging fat chicks. They're normally down to do anything and theyll build your confidence. Even Mike trout had to tear up the minors before he got called up to the show.

EDIT: do not use tinder to tear up minors, you will go to jail.

vCash

redwings13

The question was who would I like to see the Wings pursue. The reality is the Wings in my opinion have a really good shot at getting both Parise and Suter, if they are available, Nash not so much. Lidstrom retired; thus, freeing up 6 million in cap space for Suter. That leaves about 20 million. More than enough money to get Parise too - another 6 million? Would Doan leave the Yotes? Maybe. He is getting old, got further in the playoffs than he ever has, and if the Wings had a lock on the other 2 players mentioned, he would have a chance at putting his name on the cup. What is the advantage of Doan? The Wings are getting him for about the same money as Franzen. They don't lose anything in scoring, get a gritty forward, and get rid of Franzen's long term contract when they jetison him. Parise is a gritty forward, Nash is bigger that is why I like him.
    I like a Filppula-Zetterberg-Doan line better than one with Franzen; however, I don't see the Wings getting rid of Franzen, except that Babcock was not happy with the production he got from the Datsyuk line in the playoffs.
    With Hudler leaving (will want too much) and Holmstrom leaving. The Wings still have tons of forwards, so they have trade options as well as FA.

vCash
    David Jones got 4 mil a year for 4 years.....DAVID JONES. You really think Hudler is going to accept 3.5-4 after his agent see's that and hudler has consistently out performed and showed better durability? If they do, shame on them. And he wouldnt sign with the Jackets for the main fact that he wants to and should test the market and see what he can get. Players are not dumb, and players do not want to sign for less then what they could have got...especially for Colombus..

And as to your "have 8 or so years to develop if we trade them"...All I have to say is WOW I am glad your not a GM. You do know in two years or less Bert will be gone, Cleary will be shortly after due to health imo, followed by Pasha and then Hank all in under than probably that 8 year mark. So you expect to be able to draft, develop and insert prospects starting this draft (which is a good draft depth wise with little star talent) which we dont have a first round pick in? And you do know we have to spend draft picks on more then just forwards with goalie being extremely shallow and defensive depth right behind it. Yes we have many good forward prospects, but you want to trade them away for a player that has proved he can be a star on a team with no offense. Like I said what in the world do you think will happen when he gets less minutes, less PP time, less key game minutes etc? And Nash might be entering his prime, but he is not young.

vCash
    Pidg88 - You're right, I'm not the GM. I'm a fan that wants to see the Wings put the best team on the ice they possibly can. I voiced my opinion on the players I would like to see. I never suggested giving the team away to get Nash, you did. If the price were too high, I am sure Holland would do what he did during the trade-deadline and walk away. The Wings showed interest in Nash at the trade-deadline.
    Bert leaves in 2 years so what (secondary player) - UFA or prospect
    Cleary leaves (secondary player) - 2.8 mil, UFA or prospect
    Datsyuk leaves - you have 6.7 million in cap space
    Zetterberg leaves - there is roughly 6.1 million on the table
    I would hope the Wings are already planning for the departure of Dats and Z.
    Nash is in the same age bracket as Parise and Semin (another lazy player)

vCash
    I'm kinda having second doubts about trading Franzen. He's really inconsistent, but besides this year he's been awesome in the playoffs. He also looks like an absolute steal right now compared to Jones at 4 and Grabovski at 5.5.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trueblue2 View Post
    And there's no shame in banging fat chicks. They're normally down to do anything and theyll build your confidence. Even Mike trout had to tear up the minors before he got called up to the show.

EDIT: do not use tinder to tear up minors, you will go to jail.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by redwings13 View Post
    I'm kinda having second doubts about trading Franzen. He's really inconsistent, but besides this year he's been awesome in the playoffs. He also looks like an absolute steal right now compared to Jones at 4 and Grabovski at 5.5.
    I say keep him one more year. If he's streaky in the season and non existant in the playoffs (hoping they make it next seasonray then obviously something is up with him and he's not worth keeping around.

vCash
    Wingman, less and less quality UFA's are hitting the market every year. If Parise gets locked up by the devils the best ufa is Semin which is a crapshoot. We are planning for the departure of Pasha and Hank with developing players like nyquist, Tatar and Jarn...if you trade them how do we plan to replace them?!? And bert whether secondary or not is a top 6 forward! Which means you can't just sign anyone to fill his role and with a look at the price of UFA's and the ones that are available I want bert over 95% of them! You can't just trade our quality prospects and then expect management to just have a plan because that is the plan. That's the way teams post lockout build a competitor, we can't just throw our youth and money at FA like we use to, it doesn't work...look at buffalo throwing money at Leno and etc and not developing the greatest and trading youth. They didn't make the playoffs. I want the best team and product too, but I refuse to mortgage the future for a player who has not proved anything to me. He is a star on a **** team! How do we know he can share the spotlight?

vCash
    And please, enlighten me about how the wings showed interest at the trade deadline for Nash. The articles I read said we saw the price, scoffed, and never called. We were interested in gritty third and fourth line players and a D, while of course we wanted Nash we did not explore it. So please I would like to see that article or wherever you read that.

vCash
    Easy guys... And no I don't think DET showed any interest in Nash either. Obviously noone really did or he'd prolly be outta Ohio by now. The thought of spending that much on a guy who's never played with another superstar (Carter came close, and even he knew enough to get the f--k outta Dodge ASAP) is

vCash
    And please, enlighten me about how the wings showed interest at the trade deadline for Nash. The articles I read said we saw the price, scoffed, and never called. We were interested in gritty third and fourth line players and a D, while of course we wanted Nash we did not explore it. So please I would like to see that article or wherever you read that.
    These are some of the players that the Wings were interested in at the trade deadline - Nash, Parise, Semin, Gaustad, Moen, Ott. There were a couple of others, but I don't remember them. The Wings wanted a scorer and/or a checking forward and a defensiveman to add depth. We got Quincey. Due to the tight playoff race, the cost of the few players available at the trade-deadline was to high, so the Wings passed. The Wings even put scouts on some of these players and I thought Nash was one of them. I'm sure if you type Nash trade rumors in your search engine you can find some of those articles.
    When Holland calls me for my picks during the offseason I'll try to get him to confirm that for you . And quit being so childish. I want Nash and you don't..so. The odds of getting Nash are about the same as me hitting the lottery. Naw...I probably have better odds of hitting the lottery.

Page 6 of 52 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast