Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 51 of 52 FirstFirst ... 4149505152 LastLast
    vCash
    Hopefully the Winter Classic date goes back a week so I can go!

vCash
    Did we get Colaiacovo?

vCash
    Nope.
    You need centerman that can play two ways and if they donít play two ways in the end, you canít win, because the guy you are counting on canít get himself on the right side of the puck enough. So sure he can score, he can score but his team loses every night, I didnít know that was the objective. I thought winning was the objective. So if you centers canít play down the middle, and canít play without the puck, you have no chance.
    - Mike Babcock

vCash
    Why are there reports then? http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=641358

vCash
    works for me (if true)

vCash

Who should the Wings pursue in the offseason?

Wings signed him apparently. Wanted to sign before CBA expires. Does this mean Smith is out?

vCash
    I don't think he makes too much sense, but we do need a defenseman.

I'm assuming Kindl is out.

Kronny - Smith
    Ericsson - White
    Coliavico - Quincey

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westhockeytown View Post
    Why are there reports then? http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=641358
    I didn't see that. I'm relying on this forum to keep me updated too much haha.
    You need centerman that can play two ways and if they donít play two ways in the end, you canít win, because the guy you are counting on canít get himself on the right side of the puck enough. So sure he can score, he can score but his team loses every night, I didnít know that was the objective. I thought winning was the objective. So if you centers canít play down the middle, and canít play without the puck, you have no chance.
    - Mike Babcock

vCash
    Funny I saw it on this site! it's on the wings psd home page.

vCash
    I saw several articles where the Wings are close to signing Colaiacovo, but I haven't seen anything that confirms he is signed. Same with Abdelkader.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wingman View Post
    I saw several articles where the Wings are close to signing Colaiacovo, but I haven't seen anything that confirms he is signed. Same with Abdelkader.
    Well nhl.com has an article on it so we definitely signed him...

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=641358
    - Mike Babcock

vCash
    http://t.co/5iULXUw0
    signed him and re-upped abby. seems like smith would be sent back to gr cuz he doesnt have to clear waivers
    Last edited by westhockeytown; 09-13-2012 at 11:41 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westhockeytown View Post
    mobile.mlive.com/advannarbor/pm_105108/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=a2oE1mcV

signed him and re-upped abby. seems like smith would be sent back to gr cuz he doesnt have to clear waivers
    **** that lol. A lot of the Wings' success this year is going to be based on how Smith does. He played like a top 4 dman last year and if he doesn't get a spot this year I will be absolutely shocked. The reason they're over the roster limit of 23 is that they have so many forwards.

1. Datsyuk 2. Zetterberg 3. Franzen 4. Filppula 5. Cleary 6. Samuelsson 7. Bert 8. Nyquist 9. Brunner 10. Eaves 11. Helm 12. Miller 13. Abdelkader 14. Tootoo 15. Emmerton 16. Mursak

I'm still confused on why we have this many forwards. Guys like Tatar and Jarnkrok are never going to get in unless some forwards are traded.
    - Mike Babcock

vCash
    Fixed the link on my previous post. Smith is the one to be sent down only because of the waiver thing, unless they can get rid of someone else i.e. Kindl. I wanna see Smith out there though. If you read the article, Brunner and Gus would be in GR especially if the lockout happens, no waivers for them them. This is why I'm pissed because most of the guys stuck in line in the AHL are f-ed cuz with the lock out, they can't compete in the training camp to even try to crack the line up.

vCash
    The Wings have 2 over the roster limit. My understanding is Brunner and Nyquist can rotate in out of Grand Rapids because they don't have to pass waivers. Also, there is a good chance Eaves may not be back and that Emmerton is now expendable.
    I'm just happy that the Wings have their roster basically secured. Now all they have to do is tweak it, plus they still have assests they can trade to upgrade, when and if the season starts.
    Colaiacovo and Abby didn't get NTCs, per capgeek.

Page 51 of 52 FirstFirst ... 4149505152 LastLast