Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 52 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OneManIsNoMan View Post
    How is this still in the NHL Forum?

Im fairly ammused how concerned you and others are by the placement of a thread in a sports forum lol.

vCash
    There is hardly any action in the NHL forum... ever... why do people care if this gets moved or not?

--Everything I have heard since the beginning of last year has been Suter to the Wings. I have not focused too much on Lidstrom but do you Wings fans think he is leaning one way or the other?

---I would be surprised if you guys picked up Semin. He seems like too much of a question mark at this point and I'm not really sure he would fix any of your problems.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cubsfan9124 View Post
    Im fairly ammused how concerned you and others are by the placement of a thread in a sports forum lol.
    It will just open the door for people to put forums up that shouldn't be in the NHL forum. If a "Who should the Wings pursue in the off-season?" thread can be made and not moved, you leave the door open for the 29 other teams to do it. Last time I check each NHL team has their own forum for stuff like this. If the 29 other teams posted forums like this one, it becomes pure clutter in the NHL forum and each individual teams forum is pointless.

First Milk Crates, Now Water Bottles.....Nothing is Safe

vCash
    We've had numerous threads on small Ranger topics in the past few months.
    We've had threads like "What should Brian Burke do?".

We've talked about a lot of these teams in the NHL forum in the past. Who cares? Detroit's a big market team, and could very well make the biggest splash this off-season. We're rumored in on Zach Parise, Ryan Suter, and Alexander Semin. Detroit's been talked about a lot lately, and it is interesting to get the main NHL forum's opinion on this, considering all of the success in the past, and the lack of playoff success this year. Obviously we need a change.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BranWingss View Post
    We've had numerous threads on small Ranger topics in the past few months.
    We've had threads like "What should Brian Burke do?".

We've talked about a lot of these teams in the NHL forum in the past. Who cares? Detroit's a big market team, and could very well make the biggest splash this off-season. We're rumored in on Zach Parise, Ryan Suter, and Alexander Semin. Detroit's been talked about a lot lately, and it is interesting to get the main NHL forum's opinion on this, considering all of the success in the past, and the lack of playoff success this year. Obviously we need a change.
    Honestly how many teams are rumored to be in on Parise, Suter & Semin? They are the 3 biggest FA in the market this off-season.

In the Red Wings forum there is a thread called 2012-2013 season. In this thread you are basically talking about the same stuff. If a non Red Wings fan is interested in talking about who you should pursue they can go there. That is the point of each team having their own forum.

Outside of a few of us saying this needs to be in the Wings forum, majority of the people talking in this thread a Red Wings fans.

First Milk Crates, Now Water Bottles.....Nothing is Safe

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OneManIsNoMan View Post
    Honestly how many teams are rumored to be in on Parise, Suter & Semin? They are the 3 biggest FA in the market this off-season.

No one is really up there as much as the Red Wings actually. They're highly rumored in every one of those. When people mention five teams for Zach Parise, get who makes the list? When people make the five teams for Ryan Suter, guess who makes the list? Same thing for Alexander Semin, who many think is perfect for us, and us, perfect for him.

There's a cycle here. We're in every one of those lists, for pretty much every show/site. Obviously many are expecting big moves. I'm talking about analyst on Sportscentre, Sportsnet, and many blogs, etc. These aren't Red Wing fans, but NHL fans, which is exactly what the OP was looking for. I still don't think he watches the Red Wings much though.

In the Red Wings forum there is a thread called 2012-2013 season. In this thread you are basically talking about the same stuff. If a non Red Wings fan is interested in talking about who you should pursue they can go there. That is the point of each team having their own forum.

Yes, for Red Wings fans. Obviously the OP wanted to get some opinions from people outside the Wings forum as well. We've been discussing this sort of stuff in the Wings forum for months now. We've hit a wall to be honest. We're kind of lapsing the same conversation over and over, with the same people.

Outside of a few of us saying this needs to be in the Wings forum, majority of the people talking in this thread a Red Wings fans.

There was what 2-3 Red Wings fans in here. There really isn't too many that even poster in the main forum. It would have made a much better discussion if everyone wasn't saying

"Red Wings forum"
    "x2"
    "x3"
    "x4"

No?

Instead of answering this thread with your opinion from an outside fan, or just not skipping these thread in general, you take the time to do what?

"Red Wings forum"

Which doesn't do anything really. Come on now. It's basic question. Do you think the Wings grab one of the big three? Do you think we're elite again (not that we weren't). Obviously some (jrice) have been predicting a Wings crash for years without really watching. We're still deep. We've still got a top coach, the best GM, and a top scouting team.

People have taken the time to answer those Leafs, Bruins, Rangers and etc teams threads in the NHL forum, so I don't get what's so hard with doing the same here
    Also, it's not like we're seeing 3-5 threads a day like the other forums. The more discussion the better. We'll see what our only NHL moderator really, McJoe thinks. I know he's welcomed more threads in the past. He's went into these Ranger threads in the past, and really doesn't move much.
    Last edited by BranWingss; 05-22-2012 at 10:55 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by J4KOP99 View Post
    There is hardly any action in the NHL forum... ever... why do people care if this gets moved or not?

--Everything I have heard since the beginning of last year has been Suter to the Wings. I have not focused too much on Lidstrom but do you Wings fans think he is leaning one way or the other?

---I would be surprised if you guys picked up Semin. He seems like too much of a question mark at this point and I'm not really sure he would fix any of your problems.
    1. Thank you. That's exactly what I'm trying to say.

2. Seems like Babs is confident in him returning. I thought this would be Lidstrom's last year, but I really don't know. I hope he has one more in him, or five. I think he's leaning towards returning, maybe 60/40.

3. We've had tons of success with Europeans and such, which is why the Semin talk is there. Babs is pretty strict, and has got the best out of players. If we had Scotty Bowman still, it would have been perfect. However, Babs can do it. Seeing hard working Europeans could bring out the best in Semin. I was against it for awhile, but I am losening up to the idea. We kind of need an Alexander Semin. The Mule was useless from January on to be honest. In the playoffs, it was Dats vs the Preds. Semin would give us legs, and that one shot weapon that Franzen and Bert do not have. I'm hoping for it actually. I'd love to see:

Alexander Semin - Pavel Datsyuk - Todd Bertuzzi
    Valterri Filppula - Henrik Zetterberg - Johan Franzen
    Daniel Cleary - Darren Helm - Gustav Nyquist
    Drew Miller - Justin Abdelkader - Patrick Eaves/Tomas Holmstrom
    Jan Mursak/Cory Emmerton

Dats would have a scorer, and Bert and Dats have solid chemistry. Bert's garbage without Datsyuk. That second line will hit slumps, but will be a force in both ends. Remember, Cleary played the full year on one knee, and the year prior, was on pace for 33 goals. Helm's awesome, and us Wings fans love Nyquist. Fourth line is stellar too. All four can, and have played on the third line.

All teams usually have an injury or two at times, so Homer and Eaves will both be in.

Jiri Hudler would be gone. He was great for us actually. He really started working hard, and digging in corners.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kmo429 View Post
    #Wingsforum
    wubwubuwub

"Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

vCash
    There are a couple of unwritten rules:

1.) Any thread that negatively mentions the Bruins is closed within 12 hours.

2.) Any thread that negatively mentions the Leafs, if it is not a Leafs fan who does it, is closed within 4 hours.

3.) Any thread about the Wings or Rangers gets to do whatever it wants, as long as it doesn't break the two rules above.

"Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

vCash
    If Praise hits free agency you full court press him

Come to psd where admitted dupes who do nothing but troll the gd and fs forum are free. But man don't you dare mention trolling on someone's wall.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    There are a couple of unwritten rules:

1.) Any thread that negatively mentions the Bruins is closed within 12 hours.

2.) Any thread that negatively mentions the Leafs, if it is not a Leafs fan who does it, is closed within 4 hours.

3.) Any thread about the Wings or Rangers gets to do whatever it wants, as long as it doesn't break the two rules above.
    Not at all. Every Bruin thread turns into a bait fest, and you happen to be a big part of that.

Quote Originally Posted by behindmydesk View Post
    If Praise hits free agency you full court press him
    I disagree. I'm thinking Parise goes for about 8 years, 6.6M or so per. Add that in with the Franzen and Zetterberg deals would be murder. We've still got like 9 and 7 years left on each of their deals. It might actually be higher than that. That would destroy us in about five years. We'll be stuck with HUGE, unmoveable contracts. I don't think Parise puts up huge stats when he's older. Franzen's had knee troubles, and is inconsistent. Z will slow down soon.

vCash
    Lids isn't a puck mover. He's a puck fedex-er. He's a puck deliveryman. He can hit you from goal line to center ice with his eyes closed.

vCash
    Alright taking this a different direction I mean heck it is a who should they pursue thread nothing said no trades

To Wnpg- Franzen, Quincey's rights, prospect...Gives them a top 6 forward to help ease the scoring pressure on Kane, Ladd and Little and a #4 D man. Prospect im not sure who we would have to throw in (Im willing to "over pay" a little in this scenario to get rid of the contract and get a young D man)
    To Det- Zach Bogosian+late round pick (I think he is much better then gets a rap for)

Now I am assuming Lids returns if not im assuming we go all out and get Sutter. Gives us another Right handed shot for the PP, pairings would be. It also saves us cap space, and Bogo can be nasty.

Lids/Sutter-White
    Kronny-Bogo
    Smith-Eric
    Kindl

This also makes room for Nyquist in the top 6, which in turn opens the door for Tatar next year imo. I would like to sign Semin 2 yr 10-12mil. Line-up would look like
    Semin/Nyquist-Datsyuk-Bert
    Nyquist/Semin- Z-Flipper
    Miller-Helm-Cleary
    Prust (FA)-Abby-Eaves
    Emmerton/Mursak

Am I forgetting anyone? Hmm

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BranWingss View Post
    Not at all. Every Bruin thread turns into a bait fest, and you happen to be a big part of that.

I disagree. I'm thinking Parise goes for about 8 years, 6.6M or so per. Add that in with the Franzen and Zetterberg deals would be murder. We've still got like 9 and 7 years left on each of their deals. It might actually be higher than that. That would destroy us in about five years. We'll be stuck with HUGE, unmoveable contracts. I don't think Parise puts up huge stats when he's older. Franzen's had knee troubles, and is inconsistent. Z will slow down soon.
    Thought he already had slowed down, other than the a push in the latter part of the season. They all need to get healthy and stay that way.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pidg88 View Post
    Alright taking this a different direction I mean heck it is a who should they pursue thread nothing said no trades

To Wnpg- Franzen, Quincey's rights, prospect...Gives them a top 6 forward to help ease the scoring pressure on Kane, Ladd and Little and a #4 D man. Prospect im not sure who we would have to throw in (Im willing to "over pay" a little in this scenario to get rid of the contract and get a young D man)
    To Det- Zach Bogosian+late round pick (I think he is much better then gets a rap for)

Now I am assuming Lids returns if not im assuming we go all out and get Sutter. Gives us another Right handed shot for the PP, pairings would be. It also saves us cap space, and Bogo can be nasty.

Lids/Sutter-White
    Kronny-Bogo
    Smith-Eric
    Kindl

This also makes room for Nyquist in the top 6, which in turn opens the door for Tatar next year imo. I would like to sign Semin 2 yr 10-12mil. Line-up would look like
    Semin/Nyquist-Datsyuk-Bert
    Nyquist/Semin- Z-Flipper
    Miller-Helm-Cleary
    Prust (FA)-Abby-Eaves
    Emmerton/Mursak

Am I forgetting anyone? Hmm
    Not bad actually. I'm still against Prust. I'd prefer Tatar being up. I'm expecting a Holmstrom return though too. He actually looked good this season.

Quote Originally Posted by westhockeytown View Post
    Thought he already had slowed down, other than the a push in the latter part of the season. They all need to get healthy and stay that way.
    To the next level. He really has slown down though. His legs aren't what they used to.

Page 2 of 52 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast