Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 16 of 52 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    vCash

Who should the Wings pursue in the offseason?

Nash is now tied to PHI, not sure if it's for real.

I'm not expecting much tomorrow, but I'd like to see Suter and DET in the same sentence by Monday.

vCash
    I'm mister negative so I'm anticipating a letdown and a lousy season in the D.

Don't kill me but I have a bad feeling our playoff streak ends this year. I hope I'm wrong and we sign all the necessary replacements, but for some reason I just don't feel right about next year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    I'm mister negative so I'm anticipating a letdown and a lousy season in the D.

Don't kill me but I have a bad feeling our playoff streak ends this year. I hope I'm wrong and we sign all the necessary replacements, but for some reason I just don't feel right about next year.
    I understand the concern but with the way the Tigers are flopping right now I think Illitch is only going to be that much more intense signing guys to deals to make the Wings are better and make sure they don't flop. He knows he HAS to replace Nick and has shown the willingness to spend $.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    I understand the concern but with the way the Tigers are flopping right now I think Illitch is only going to be that much more intense signing guys to deals to make the Wings are better and make sure they don't flop. He knows he HAS to replace Nick and has shown the willingness to spend $.
    But Mr. Illitch doesn't have the same flexibility he has with the uncapped Tigers roster. Like I said, I hope I'm wrong, but I have a bad feeling about next year

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    I hope you are right.

Mike Illitch and standing pat don't exactly go hand in hand. Not since 1984...

From a Blue Jays fan standpoint, I really did admire (in awe) at the off-season moves the Tigers made. I sincerely hope the same passion is there for Mike Illitch when he assesses what needs to be done with the Wings this off-season.

vCash
    The story in the Macomb Daily doesn't sound overly optimistic to me.

The blue line is where the Wings will focus first and then turn their attention to a forward.
    “We need another defenseman,” Holland said. “We’re going to explore the market and make a decision. We have 12-13 forwards, but do we have the right 12-13 forwards? That’s the question.
    “We’d like to make a move, another skilled forward or a bottom-six guy that gives us size or another dimension,” Holland added. “We do plan to be involved, hoping to make a move or two, but we got internal things going on.”
    As for up front, “We’ve been developing Gustav Nyquist, Darren Helm and Justin Abdelkader are ready for a bit of a step,” Holland said. “Do we need to make a move or two on July 1? Absolutely. Do we need to make a major splash? I don’t think so.”

http://www.macombdaily.com/article/2...ger=full_story

That "Big Splash" is started to sound more like a drip. Hope I'm wrong.

This link is about the FAs the Wild want. The names sure look familiar.
    http://www.startribune.com/sports/wild/160966505.html

vCash

Who should the Wings pursue in the offseason?

I can sort of agree with guysir on this coming season. It seems like Holland is in lala land, and that he still has the same team from 08. I almost think not much will happen now, then at the trade deadline the big splash will come.

vCash
    Honestly I see us as a fringe playoff team if nobody major is added.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trueblue2 View Post
    And there's no shame in banging fat chicks. They're normally down to do anything and theyll build your confidence. Even Mike trout had to tear up the minors before he got called up to the show.

EDIT: do not use tinder to tear up minors, you will go to jail.

vCash
    Also from that article “Teams don’t have to have big-name defenses, you need to have a good team,” Holland said. “I’ve heard how old we are for two to three years. We’re not old anymore. We got younger players.”

I hope he is throwing a curveball here. This team as it is is not a contender.
    And there's no shame in banging fat chicks. They're normally down to do anything and theyll build your confidence. Even Mike trout had to tear up the minors before he got called up to the show.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by redwings13 View Post
    Also from that article “Teams don’t have to have big-name defenses, you need to have a good team,” Holland said. “I’ve heard how old we are for two to three years. We’re not old anymore. We got younger players.”
    I hope he is throwing a curveball here. This team as it is is not a contender.
    Sounds like lala land speak to me. I think he still thinks Pavs, Z and Mule are in thier mid twenties.

vCash
    Holland still has my trust at this point. But if he loses one of the best defenseman ever, Stuart, and Hudler and goes out and adds a third pairing dman and third line player he's insane.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by redwings13 View Post
    Holland still has my trust at this point. But if he loses one of the best defenseman ever, Stuart, and Hudler and goes out and adds a third pairing dman and third line player he's insane.
    I'm with you on that. Last trade deadline was a bust IMO. Sure we got Q, but he hasn't even been resigned yet. I hate waiting.

vCash
    If a trade for Nash went through, who do you think would be involved?

Thanks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Insider View Post
    If a trade for Nash went through, who do you think would be involved?

Thanks.
    Seeing that they just signed two more rws, the consenses is Mule maybe abdelkader.

vCash
    Columbus has no use for Abdelkadder though, they already have Boll and Dorsett, who are similar type players. He's clearly not someone theyd want in return for their star. I would think Brendan Smith would be a lock, I was initially thinking Filppula too but they wouldnt want someone that they'd have to re-sign next offseason and possibly give a raise to. I just dont see anything happening with Nash to Det. We just dont have the pieces that they'd want, other than Smith. I dont follow hockey as closely as i used to, but I really dont see the point in exchanging Nash for Mule from their perspective.

Page 16 of 52 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast