Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 15 of 52 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I'd really like to see Jason Garrison if we can't get Suter. I think a lot of people overestimated how much we would miss Brian Rafalski. He's 27 and had 33 points last year. As they say, you can never have too many defenseman. Also would love if we got Shane Doan. I smell a Dallas Drake like presence on that one.

vCash
    How would you guys feel about Penner?

vCash
    Less then 5 hours and the madness begins!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    How would you guys feel about Penner?
    He's a big body, but didn't he disappear all season with the Kings? If that's true, that is not the kind of player I want the Wings to get.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wingman View Post
    He's a big body, but didn't he disappear all season with the Kings? If that's true, that is not the kind of player I want the Wings to get.
    Agreed. I'm still not decided on who I want more: Parise or Semin. Parise is the kind of player I like more. Semin would be cheaper though and hopefully to a short term contract.
    You need centerman that can play two ways and if they donít play two ways in the end, you canít win, because the guy you are counting on canít get himself on the right side of the puck enough. So sure he can score, he can score but his team loses every night, I didnít know that was the objective. I thought winning was the objective. So if you centers canít play down the middle, and canít play without the puck, you have no chance.
    - Mike Babcock

vCash
    Yeah Penner might cost more than his worth, but with his down season (and age starting to get up there a little) maybe it wouldn't be so bad if we whiff on the main targets.

vCash
    Semin, or Parise? I would take Parise. When I first heard the Wings wanted Parise back at the draft deadline, I thought why another small forward? Needless to say, I changed my mind after watching him play. I like Parise and Doan (did I mention Doan is a right hand shot) for the same reasons. They seem to be cut out of the Lidstrom mold. They work hard, come to play every night, and they have good skill sets. Isn't that the kinds of players we want on the top lines?
    Semin may be a great pickup, but everything I have read states that he is a gamble.

Prior to the draft deadline, if memory serves me correctly, the Wings wanted to add a gritty, checking foward and D-man, plus I think Babcock said a scorer would be nice. That was before we lost Lidstrom, Stuart, and probably Hudler. Worse case scenario, if the Wings can only get Doan on the front end, they picked up a scorer, a RH shot, and a gritty, checking forward. If they land Parise, or Semin, they get the scorer. If they land Suter on the D (priority), they hit the FA jackpot.

vCash
    Parise is gonna want a ton of money. I love him, but Semin on a one to two year contract at like 5 million would probably be smarter.
    You need centerman that can play two ways and if they donít play two ways in the end, you canít win, because the guy you are counting on canít get himself on the right side of the puck enough. So sure he can score, he can score but his team loses every night, I didnít know that was the objective. I thought winning was the objective. So if you centers canít play down the middle, and canít play without the puck, you have no chance.
    - Mike Babcock

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wingman View Post
    Semin, or Parise? I would take Parise. When I first heard the Wings wanted Parise back at the draft deadline, I thought why another small forward? Needless to say, I changed my mind after watching him play. I like Parise and Doan (did I mention Doan is a right hand shot) for the same reasons. They seem to be cut out of the Lidstrom mold. They work hard, come to play every night, and they have good skill sets. Isn't that the kinds of players we want on the top lines?
    Semin may be a great pickup, but everything I have read states that he is a gamble.

Prior to the draft deadline, if memory serves me correctly, the Wings wanted to add a gritty, checking foward and D-man, plus I think Babcock said a scorer would be nice. That was before we lost Lidstrom, Stuart, and probably Hudler. Worse case scenario, if the Wings can only get Doan on the front end, they picked up a scorer, a RH shot, and a gritty, checking forward. If they land Parise, or Semin, they get the scorer. If they land Suter on the D (priority), they hit the FA jackpot.
    EF it, get both. Huds is all but gone and I dunno if Homer's coming back either.

vCash
    I agree the money thing is an issue. Also, I think the D is the priority. The question for me all along has been at what point will the Wings say the price is too high. Suter would probably be considered a franchise player, the question is, do the Wings feel that Parise is? The Wings have supposedly inquired about Nash and he has a cap hit of 7.8 mil, so what is too much for Parise and/or Suter? Would you be willing to pay Parise his current salary of 6 mil? How about 7.2 mil? Sign Parise, dump Eaves - 1.2 mil.

vCash
    I want no part of Nash. He's so overpaid it's ridiculous.
    - Mike Babcock

vCash
    I wasn't implying the Wings were going to sign Nash. I meant if they were willing to absorb Nash's cap hit and sign Suter, then I think they would have no problem signing Suter and giving Parise a salary in the 7 mil + range.

vCash
    Yeah my bad I read that wrong.
    - Mike Babcock

vCash
    Yea, let's not start that Nash stuff again. For me on the front-end. Worse case scenario, Doan. I would probably even take Doan over Semin.

Filppula-Zetterberg-Franzen
    Bertuzzi (Cleary)-Datsyuk-Doan - The bottom six get blurry with the addition of Brunner and trying to get Nyquist playing time.
    The Wings have tons of forwards, but where is the checking line? Who's on it?

Sign Suter on the D and the Wings still have a lot of cap space and players to tweak their team. Tons of options. Anyway, we will all have a better idea tomorrow. I hope we make a splash, instead of just being a drop in the bucket.

vCash
    I'm gonna be ****** if we don't do something major.
    - Mike Babcock

Page 15 of 52 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast