Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 52 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    vCash
    There are so many rumors going around. I've even heard that the Wild are willing to outbid everyone for Parise AND Suter... I have no link so take that for what it's worth

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    There are so many rumors going around. I've even heard that the Wild are willing to outbid everyone for Parise AND Suter... I have no link so take that for what it's worth
    I read that today, too. They can bid as much as they want, but good luck with them trying to convince him they are a playoff contender.

vCash
    Well at least for the wild it comes from a source that use to work as a scout for that team and there is a name (Lou Nanne) and he will always be connected to the Wild due to the North Stars etc. And its not about selling him on being a playoff contender right now, its 3 years when all of their prospects mature (#2 rated prospect pool) and coming home. Lets also not forget where the Wild were in December before they lost Koivu, Latendresse, Bouchard, Setoguchi and pretty much every defender. Michael Russo (the voice of hockey in crazy MN) also reported something a long those lines but im not going to look up the link I trust if thats what Lou Nanne said haha. Oh and its just out bidding on Parise, nothing is said about Suter.

Also this is why you dont believe those "insiders" with "sources".

Ryan Suter's agent has called the reports that his client has compiled a list of teams he'd be willing to have his rights traded to "100 percent untrue."
    The Minneapolis Star Tribune's Michael Russo spoke to the defenseman's agent, Neil Sheehy, who said the defenseman also has not given a list of teams he wouldn't be open to having his rights traded to before July 1, either. From a practicality standpoint, this makes sense. If the Preds can't reach a deal with the unrestricted free agent, there's no point in him crossing off potential suitors or making demands for a market that is sure to cater to him.

https://twitter.com/Russostrib/statu...69581501673473

So again dont believe a rumor until it has a source
    Last edited by pidg88; 06-15-2012 at 02:23 AM.

vCash
    They way the Wild bombed out this season, they should have thier franchise dismembered and eradicated, the members of their organizations distributed throughout the league. Wings will take Havlat and Seto, thank you very much.

vCash
    Lol Wild dont have Havlat anymore

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pidg88 View Post
    Lol Wild dont have Havlat anymore
    OHHH I so stooopud!! I was think Heatley and wrote Havlat! Whoops!

vCash
    Assume the Wings get Suter and Parise (Semin,etc). Does that make the Wings a SC contender next year? How does that change the team that was on the ice last season and/or the season before?
    Suter - Lidstrom - you can only hope will be close to equal
    Parise - Hudler - a definite upgrade
    Quincey - Stuart - equal?
    The way I see it, we may gain some on the offense, and at best, hope we can stay the same on the defense. It seems this is hole filling mode, not improving mode. Lidstrom and Suter, that was improving. I think the Wings will go after another D, hopefully Jackman if he is available.

vCash
    Signing Parise and Suter would definitely make us a Cup contender. Parise with Datsyuk would be one of the best forward combos in the league. I love Parise's game. Semin is much more risky but playing with Datsyuk would get him back on track imo. That would be a huge upgrade to our offense. Datsyuk wouldn't have to play with Bertuzzi who ruins just about anything Datsyuk creates. On defense I don't think Suter is very far behind Lidstrom defensively at all. I think Quincey and Smith are going to pleasantly surprise a lot of people next year.
    You need centerman that can play two ways and if they donít play two ways in the end, you canít win, because the guy you are counting on canít get himself on the right side of the puck enough. So sure he can score, he can score but his team loses every night, I didnít know that was the objective. I thought winning was the objective. So if you centers canít play down the middle, and canít play without the puck, you have no chance.
    - Mike Babcock

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wingman View Post
    Assume the Wings get Suter and Parise (Semin,etc). Does that make the Wings a SC contender next year? How does that change the team that was on the ice last season and/or the season before?
    Suter - Lidstrom - you can only hope will be close to equal
    Parise - Hudler - a definite upgrade
    Quincey - Stuart - equal?
    The way I see it, we may gain some on the offense, and at best, hope we can stay the same on the defense. It seems this is hole filling mode, not improving mode. Lidstrom and Suter, that was improving. I think the Wings will go after another D, hopefully Jackman if he is available.
    I hate to say it but Suter is really closer to Stu's replacement then Lids. I mean come on, the guy's gotta fill Lids skates?! That's gonna weigh pretty heavy on his shoulders if he opts to move to the Wing. Parise > Huds, but the price tag is also bigger. So we still gotta fill Huds spot on 2nd line, too. The jury is still out for me on Q's role on the team. He was #1 for COL, but that's not saying much. I don't think he even knows what type of Dman they expect him to be. He seems like he wants to jump into the play, but doesn't do it aggressively. He's also one of the culprits who make blind passes into the slot area and makes turnovers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westhockeytown View Post
    I hate to say it but Suter is really closer to Stu's replacement then Lids. I mean come on, the guy's gotta fill Lids skates?! That's gonna weigh pretty heavy on his shoulders if he opts to move to the Wing. Parise > Huds, but the price tag is also bigger. So we still gotta fill Huds spot on 2nd line, too. The jury is still out for me on Q's role on the team. He was #1 for COL, but that's not saying much. I don't think he even knows what type of Dman they expect him to be. He seems like he wants to jump into the play, but doesn't do it aggressively. He's also one of the culprits who make blind passes into the slot area and makes turnovers.
    You're underrating Suter so much. Lidstrom is great but he wasn't the best defensemen in the league this year. Suter is top 10 and I think Weber is going to struggle a little without him if he leaves. Quincey I agree with you on. I think he'll do much better this year though.
    You need centerman that can play two ways and if they donít play two ways in the end, you canít win, because the guy you are counting on canít get himself on the right side of the puck enough. So sure he can score, he can score but his team loses every night, I didnít know that was the objective. I thought winning was the objective. So if you centers canít play down the middle, and canít play without the puck, you have no chance.
    - Mike Babcock

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by redwings13 View Post
    You're underrating Suter so much. Lidstrom is great but he wasn't the best defensemen in the league this year. Suter is top 10 and I think Weber is going to struggle a little without him if he leaves. Quincey I agree with you on. I think he'll do much better this year though.
    Not underrating him, wanna see him with a winged wheel so bad. But to say he's supposed to fill in for Lids? Come on. That's like saying Parise's gonna fill in for Pavs if Pavs was out the door. I'm not likening Suter to Stu , just sayin he's like right in between Stu and Lids. He would be our #1 for sure. Just feel bad for the guy that he's gotta fill the void of one of the best ever.

I hope Weber struggles, to be honest. He was lucky to have Suter backing him when he jumped into the play. The Preds are in the same boat the Wings are in if Suter leaves. Maybe we can both...

vCash
    Why can't it be July 1st already?
    - Mike Babcock

vCash
    Has anyone looked at the Detroit Free Press list of the 15 players the Wings should pursue? The D's are the same most of us have been batting around with the exception of Kuba and Corvo, but some of the forwards don't make sense to me - Smyth, Langkow, and Pahlsson. Why wouldn't the Wings just keep Holmstrom instead of pursuing Smyth?
    Wellwood and Parenteau (not on their list) would be cheap replacements for Hudler's points.
    I think Taylor Pyatt, not on their list and has not been mentioned, would be a good pickup. He is a LW, has size, decent points and +/-, a cap hit of 1.25 mil, and did I mention he has size...6-4, 230.

vCash
    I can see Parenteau on DET.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westhockeytown View Post
    I can see Parenteau on DET.
    I wouldn't mind Parenteau at all. I'm not really sure where to play him because he's a left wing but I'm sure Babcock could figure that out.

Maybe if we strike out on Parise and Semin we could resign Hudler and do something like this

Parenteau - Datsyuk - Franzen
    Filppula - Zetterberg - Hudler

It doesn't give Datsyuk that scorer but Parenteau is still a ton better than Bertuzzi. That's a nice improvement on the offense. I really don't think Hudler is going to stay though.
    - Mike Babcock

Page 11 of 52 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast