Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 52 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Big E is gonna need to take his game even further this season to justify his huge contract. And FYI I don't want Nash either, but ya gotta feel bad that he is pretty much stuck in CBJ land.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BranWingss View Post
    Yep. I was very disappointed as well. It said he'd return to the Tigers next season, which is pointless.

Kyle Quincey can fill it, but he really isn't that defensive defenseman that Brad Stuart is. If we get Ryan Suter, an elite defensive defenseman, then it will be much better. Quincey was the #1B guy his first year in Los Angeles, and was the #1 guy in Colorado. He'll be big next season for us.

Dennis Wideman is going to cost a decent chunk of change, considering he was just an all-star. Why get Wideman, when we have Ian White? I know Wideman's better, but we don't need another puck moving defenseman. Quincey's an RFA, not an UFA. He'll be back.

Kyle Quincey - puck mover, decent defensive game.
    Niklas Kronwall - puck mover, solid defensive game.
    Ian White - puck mover, decent defensive game.
    Jonathan Ericsson - defensive defenseman, though a secondary guy really.
    Jakub Kindl - puck mover, meh defensively. Weak, really.
    Brendan Smith - puck mover, average defensively (solid for a rookie).

That's 6 that will certainly be in training camp. So getting Dennis Wideman would be pointless, considering we need a defensive defenseman. If we got Ryan Suter, that would be perfect. No thanks to Matt Carle (similar to Ian White), and Dennis Wideman.

Jeff Carter's doing the same thing he was doing in Philadelphia actually. He's actually got less points than Philly, just more than Columbus. Carter's biggest probelm in Columbus was health. He was injured a lot. I also said from the start that a Nash-Carter combo will not work. It didn't.

Rick Nash probably comes here, and puts up 38/35. Something like that, if he can remain healthy. He's not worth the huge prospect dump considering we'll need a few of them up shortly. We'd also be stuck with his HUGE contract. I'd prefer Alexander Semin actually. Someone's said this, but:

Zach Parise>Rick Nash

We wouldn't have to put a big deal for Rick Nash. Similar cap hit, less for Parise actually, but a lot more years. Parise and Zetty seem like two players that would absolutely mesh together. Semin and Datsyuk.

I really haven't been so excited, and worried for a big off-season for awhile. I usually like going into the off-season set, and just adding a touch up (Eaves, Commodore, Modano). That Marian Hossa signing shocked me, and got me really excited though.
    I'd be pretty f-ing happy with 6 puck moving defensmen. Aren't you sick of seeing these guy throw the puck away i.e Kindl, Big E?

vCash
    But we don't have a legit defensive defenseman, which we really need. Our two top defensive defenseman were Lidstrom and Stuart...

vCash
    Well Suter would fit that defensive defenseman role, but if we dont land him who would you like? I want Smith to get full time role in the top 4. I think Quincey and think he will really show his worth now that he has time to acclimate. But we need to add 1 d man, I dont want to sign 2. I would be fine with Suter, Jackman, Wideman, Mitchell, Garrison Carle, Allen, Morrisonn, Coliacovo, Souray. Thats the order haha.

vCash
    I want to sign Colaiacovo just because I love his name.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pidg88 View Post
    Well Suter would fit that defensive defenseman role, but if we dont land him who would you like? I want Smith to get full time role in the top 4. I think Quincey and think he will really show his worth now that he has time to acclimate. But we need to add 1 d man, I dont want to sign 2. I would be fine with Suter, Jackman, Wideman, Mitchell, Garrison Carle, Allen, Morrisonn, Coliacovo, Souray. Thats the order haha.
    Willie Mitchell's a UFA? I'd go:

Ryan Suter
    Willie Mitchell
    Jason Garrison
    Barrett Jackman
    Dennis Wideman

vCash
    Yes he is unless something has changed recently. Garrison is a puck mover and lefty, so if were gonna pay for one I would rather have it be a right handed shot. And I would take Jackman just slightly over Mitchell, while Mitchell is a great defender he has really lost a step and ive noticed it a couple times in the playoffs.

vCash

vCash
    I was looking at

http://www.sportscity.com/nhl/2012-n...ition/#Defense

Says he is a FA? Guess not

vCash
    I like Jackman. Pretty Solid.

vCash
    So sign Suter and sign Parise, simple enough
    You need centerman that can play two ways and if they donít play two ways in the end, you canít win, because the guy you are counting on canít get himself on the right side of the puck enough. So sure he can score, he can score but his team loses every night, I didnít know that was the objective. I thought winning was the objective. So if you centers canít play down the middle, and canít play without the puck, you have no chance.
    - Mike Babcock

vCash
    My prediction is...Mike Knuble is the big signing this offseason.

vCash
    Like to beat up this Nash thing up. Everyone says Nash would cost to much. My trade package would include Franzen, Hudler (UFA), Miller, a prospect, and that 7th round pick we got for Commodore. The Jackets get better right away if they can sign Hudler. We get rid of Franzen (who shows up when he wants to), plus Hudler - who is gone anyways. We break even on the cap hit.
    Now go after Semin, or Doan. Both Right Wings.
    Filppula-Zetterberg-Semin(Doan)
    Nash-Datsyuk-Bertuzzi - Cleary, if Bert goes down.
    Abdelkader-Helm-Cleary
    Travis Moen (UFA)-Nyquist-Emmerton
    My opinion, the top two lines just got real scary.
    Pick up a checking forward for the 3rd, or 4th line (Moen - the Wings were interested in him at the trade deadline) and start developing some of the young talent.
    If the Wings can't get Suter, Wideman, etc. they can pick up a rental like Gill, or maybe put in an offer sheet for someone like Fistric (RFA-Stars), a big checking, defenseman. 6-3, 234 lbs, and 235 hits last season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wingman View Post
    Like to beat up this Nash thing up. Everyone says Nash would cost to much. My trade package would include Franzen, Hudler (UFA), Miller, a prospect, and that 7th round pick we got for Commodore. The Jackets get better right away if they can sign Hudler. We get rid of Franzen (who shows up when he wants to), plus Hudler - who is gone anyways. We break even on the cap hit.
    Abdelkader-Helm-Cleary
    Pick up a checking forward for the 3rd, or 4th line (Moen - the Wings were interested in him at the trade deadline) and start developing some of the young talent.
    If the Wings can't get Suter, Wideman, etc. they can pick up a rental like Gill, or maybe put in an offer sheet for someone like Fistric (RFA-Stars), a big checking, defenseman. 6-3, 234 lbs, and 235 hits last season.
    See the thing is I don't think that's even close to what Columbus wants for Nash. There really isn't much value there unless the prospect is one of our best. Whoever trades for Nash is going to lose big time IMO.
    You need centerman that can play two ways and if they donít play two ways in the end, you canít win, because the guy you are counting on canít get himself on the right side of the puck enough. So sure he can score, he can score but his team loses every night, I didnít know that was the objective. I thought winning was the objective. So if you centers canít play down the middle, and canít play without the puck, you have no chance.
    - Mike Babcock

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wingman View Post
    Abdelkader-Helm-Cleary
    Pretty sure Doan ain't leaving PHX. Nash is a tough one. He's used to being the star, so it would be interesting to see how he would do in a lesser (albeit not much lesser) role. I'm not keen on ditching Huds just yet. I'd like to see that this season wasn't a fluke. Mule is another one I just hate to give up. Sentimental maybe but I gotta believe he's not gonna keep phoning it in til he hangs 'em up.

Page 5 of 52 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast