Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 52 1231151 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 766
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    West Side
    Posts
    4,428
    vCash
    1500

    Who should the Wings pursue in the offseason?

    Parise, Semin or Suter. Alot depends on Lidstrom and where the cap goes, but Datsyuk needs someone to play with, and the defense could use a good puckmover if Lidstrom goes. Discuss.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Bergen CO. NJ
    Posts
    4,094
    vCash
    1500
    Hoping Parise resigns with us. All wings fans and half on NHL hoping he doesn't.


    to answer your question, either one of them would help their cause. I think Suter more so because he brings a lot to the table game in and game out. Same goes for Parise, but I think the Wings could get multiple players
    King Remembered In Time
    New Jersey Devils/Brooklyn Nets/New York Yankees/New York Jets

    12/7/12 R.I.P Off-topic-forum amigo.

    Want to be President of PSD? Post here to enroll. No skills needed!
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...ction-Nominees

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Chestnut Hill, MA
    Posts
    23,522
    vCash
    1500
    #Wingsforum


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CHj0dMkK6A

    New Video. Isles season highlights 2011-12!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    9,668
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by kmo429 View Post
    #Wingsforum
    x2


    OneMan's trying to steal Orpik from me

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Leafs
    Posts
    12,456
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by OneManIsNoMan View Post
    x2
    x3
    Skating circles around the NHL since 2013/2014

    To be continued...?

    \_(ツ)_/

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Bergen CO. NJ
    Posts
    4,094
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by optimized View Post
    x3
    x4
    King Remembered In Time
    New Jersey Devils/Brooklyn Nets/New York Yankees/New York Jets

    12/7/12 R.I.P Off-topic-forum amigo.

    Want to be President of PSD? Post here to enroll. No skills needed!
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...ction-Nominees

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    24,655
    vCash
    1000
    I don't want Zach Parise. He hasn't been the same player since the injury, and adding another long-term contract with Zetterberg and Franzen doesn't interest me. Honestly, I wouldn't mind moving Franzen. Nyquist is ready for a top six role, and actually out played Franzen in the last 10 games + the playoffs.

    Ryan Suter is a big want of mine, if Lidstrom retires or not. If Lidstrom does retire, we should go full force at him. We do have a lot of NHL players on our backend as it is though.

    Ian White
    Niklas Kronwall
    Jakub Kindl
    Jonathan Ericsson
    Brendan Smith

    Kyle Quincey will be re-signed. He's a RFA
    Nick Lidstrom is a UFA. He'll retire, or re-up on a one year deal.
    Brad Stuart's a UFA, and likely gone to Anaheim.

    I was against Alexander Semin for awhile, but seeing Johan Franzen play, we need a shake-up. I'd love to see 3 years 15M total.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    3,916
    vCash
    1500
    I really believe the Red Wings need a lot of work up front. Watching the way a lot of the teams in the playoffs play, they tend to get in on the forecheck really hard and finish hits and score goals. The Wings forwards looked like they were in regular season glide around mode. It was sickening. Watching Franzen and Bertuzzi skate around with seemingly multiple sticks in their *** while Datsyuk has to work hard for all three of them.

    Also the defense wasn't really that great. Many many unforced turnovers and regularly caught playing out of position.

    This team looked like one of the best in the league around the midway point of the season yet they were undoubtedly the worst team to play in the playoffs. It's been over a month an Im still pissed. I don't even really think Parise answers the need. MAybe we can find someone via trade. The Wings need to get stronger and faster up front. There forwards are not diverse enough. Lots of skill and hardly any speed. The guys who are the biggest play a smaller pussier game than Ville Leino. Franzen needs to be shipped out. Im tired of hearing about how he doesnt give a **** about the regular season because he thinks he can just turn it on during the playoffs. FALSE! Hes been garbage two years in a row and clearly he lacks motivation now that he is getting paid for the next 47 years.

    Something about this team really needs to change. Im not saying blow it up because they still do have a lot of really nice pieces. However, they need to turn over the roster a little bit or fire Babcock. Because if they go into the season with the same roster it's going to be a battle to make the playoffs in the West.

    On D I could really see Jackman replacing Stuart which I think would really help with Detroit's lack of toughness. I really could see Suter coming here to be the man to attempt to replace Lidstrom too.

    It's going to be an interesting off season for them for sure. Ken Holland may actually have to do some work for the first time in years.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    24,655
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by cubsfan9124 View Post
    It's going to be an interesting off season for them for sure. Ken Holland may actually have to do some work for the first time in years.
    I don't even know what to say here. First time in years? He isn't still just living on the success from the past to the present. He's still working hard, and has been some genius moves.

    He somehow signed Marian Hossa to a 1 year deal worth 7.6M. The rumored deals going around were 9Ys, 9M per. He worked hard to get the Hossa deal done, and did so. Everyone was shocked.

    He's locked up the likes of Kronwall. Signed Franzen to a deal that everyone liked at the time, and Z's there forever, really.

    Brought in the Avs #1 defenseman for a late 1st in a meh draft.

    Brought back Jiri Hudler.
    Claimed Drew Miller. Revived the career of Patrick Eaves.

    Signed Ian White, who many had on the All-Star team mid-way through the season.

    Continued to draft well (more the scouting staff). We've got Pullkinen, Nyquist, Smith, Jurco, and Tatar in the waits. Pullk is raw, but has one of the best offensive games outside the NHL for recent draft picks. Defensive game is one of the worst that I've ever watched however. Tomas Tatar just beasted at the World Championships, and is ready, however we don't have room. Gus Nyquist just brokeout, and looked fantastic. Brendan Smith looked like a #4 defenseman when he was up, and Tomas Jurco is doing well in Saint Johns.

    Kenny is going to have to be more agressive than past years however. If he pulled off a Johan Franzen for Loui Eriksson deal (never happening) I'd just be, wow.

    We should be focusing on Ryan Suter, and keep an eye on Alexander Semin. Everyone has Semin to Detroit.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    24,655
    vCash
    1000
    Re-reading the OP's post makes me think you've never watched the Wings.

    Puck-movers. You do realize that Nick Lidstrom, Niklas Kronwall, Ian White, Kyle Quincey, Brendan Smith, and Jakub Kindl are just that.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    3,916
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BranWingss View Post
    I don't even know what to say here. First time in years? He isn't still just living on the success from the past to the present. He's still working hard, and has been some genius moves.

    He somehow signed Marian Hossa to a 1 year deal worth 7.6M. The rumored deals going around were 9Ys, 9M per. He worked hard to get the Hossa deal done, and did so. Everyone was shocked.

    He's locked up the likes of Kronwall. Signed Franzen to a deal that everyone liked at the time, and Z's there forever, really.

    Brought in the Avs #1 defenseman for a late 1st in a meh draft.

    Brought back Jiri Hudler.
    Claimed Drew Miller. Revived the career of Patrick Eaves.

    Signed Ian White, who many had on the All-Star team mid-way through the season.

    Continued to draft well (more the scouting staff). We've got Pullkinen, Nyquist, Smith, Jurco, and Tatar in the waits. Pullk is raw, but has one of the best offensive games outside the NHL for recent draft picks. Defensive game is one of the worst that I've ever watched however. Tomas Tatar just beasted at the World Championships, and is ready, however we don't have room. Gus Nyquist just brokeout, and looked fantastic. Brendan Smith looked like a #4 defenseman when he was up, and Tomas Jurco is doing well in Saint Johns.

    Kenny is going to have to be more agressive than past years however. If he pulled off a Johan Franzen for Loui Eriksson deal (never happening) I'd just be, wow.

    We should be focusing on Ryan Suter, and keep an eye on Alexander Semin. Everyone has Semin to Detroit.


    Trust me there are many idiot Wings fans out there who want to get rid of Holland bla bla bla.

    I was more referring to our team being so well set up since about 07 that there wasnt many major moves to be made. We pretty much kept the same core of guys while losing an occasional guy to retirement and adding one or two players a year through trade. (I'm not giving Holland too much credit for the scouting of players except for the fact that he and Devellano are the ones who put together the excellent scouting staff in the first place.)

    Again that Franzen deal at the time seemed excellent, but he has played a very lazy game the last two years. He doesn't seem to want to work as hard as hank or pavel. That really bothers me. I'd be incredibly refreshed to see him pack his bags.

    Im just saying that this off season is absolutely critical for Holland. I think he will do great. We just can't go in with the same roster as we had last year. Get some fresh faces in the room and change things up a little bit.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    West Side
    Posts
    4,428
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BranWingss View Post
    Re-reading the OP's post makes me think you've never watched the Wings.

    Puck-movers. You do realize that Nick Lidstrom, Niklas Kronwall, Ian White, Kyle Quincey, Brendan Smith, and Jakub Kindl are just that.
    Re-read it... i didnt say Lidstrom wasn't a puckmover. You lack a goto guy on the pp if Lidstrom is gone branflakes, thats all i was saying. Smith will be good though.

    Does Suter get a life contract like Franzen, Zetterberg...if he goes to the Wings?

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    3,916
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post
    Re-read it... i didnt say Lidstrom wasn't a puckmover. You lack a goto guy on the pp if Lidstrom is gone branflakes, thats all i was saying. Smith will be good though.

    Does Suter get a life contract like Franzen, Zetterberg...if he goes to the Wings?
    Yea the "puckmover" thing is pretty much taken care of. Entry into the offensive zone on the pp was almost never a problem. They do lack a real heavy shot from the point and someone who is a real sniper. But most their guys are pretty good at moving the puck up the ice.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    24,655
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post
    Re-read it... i didnt say Lidstrom wasn't a puckmover. You lack a goto guy on the pp if Lidstrom is gone branflakes, thats all i was saying. Smith will be good though.

    Does Suter get a life contract like Franzen, Zetterberg...if he goes to the Wings?
    We have too many puckmovers. We don't need a puckmover if Lidstrom is gone. If Ryan Suter comes, a defensive guy, who can chip in offensively, we're fine with our puckmovers. Each pairing will have a guy on it.

    Yes, Ryan Suter basically gets a life time contract. He's the best defenseman in this year's free agency, and you can say the best player too. With all of these deals, the weak free agency, he's going to get a HUGE deal.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    9,668
    vCash
    1500
    How is this still in the NHL Forum?


    OneMan's trying to steal Orpik from me

Page 1 of 52 1231151 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •