Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Clippers are trying to get Ryan Hollins for the 1.9 mill BAE. LOVE him as a back up center. Athletic freak and one of best backup centers for the price. He did an admirable job with the Celtics last year. Also the official offer the Clippers made Chauncey was 4 mill for a year. Not too bad.

I think a squad of

CP3/Bledsoe
    Billups/Crawford
    Butler/Young
    Griffin/Odom
    Jordan/Hollins

Would be a legit title contender if they mesh right and get a better coach.

vCash
    If that ends up being our potential lineup, I really hope that our starters get it together defensively. We won't have last year's bench to rely on to come in and stalwart the opponents offense anymore, so our starters will have to get the job done. That worries me a little bit frankly.

One thing is for sure though, our bench is gonna score A LOT. I think that lineup has the ability to win a championship as well, but it all hinges on the improvements of Griffin and Jordan imo. We already know what Billups, Paul, and Butler bring to the table, but Griffin and DJ are the ones with all the room to improve and it really depends on those two.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86 View Post
    Clippers are trying to get Ryan Hollins for the 1.9 mill BAE. LOVE him as a back up center. Athletic freak and one of best backup centers for the price. He did an admirable job with the Celtics last year. Also the official offer the Clippers made Chauncey was 4 mill for a year. Not too bad.

I think a squad of

CP3/Bledsoe
    Billups/Crawford
    Butler/Young
    Griffin/Odom
    Jordan/Hollins

Would be a legit title contender if they mesh right and get a better coach.
    Just a heads up...according to Wiki the BAE doesn't exist anymore

Bi-annual exception
    The bi-annual exception was used to sign any free agent to a contract starting at $1.672 million. Like the mid-level exception, the bi-annual exception was also split among more than one player, and was used to sign players for up to two years, which raised limited to 8% per year. This exception was referred to as the "$1 million exception" in the 1999 CBA, although it was valued at $1 million for only the first year of the agreement.
    An example of the bi-annual exception was the Los Angeles Lakers' signing of Karl Malone to a contract before the 2003–04 season.
    The exception was eliminated following the 2011 NBA lockout as many high spending teams were using this as a tool to gain top paid players.[6]
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NBA_salary_cap

vCash
    Every report last few days has mentioned it coming out of Hoopsworld, Yahoo sports etc. It exists. Wikipedia is very faulty sometimes.

vCash
    I hope you're right, but I think it's gone. I can't think of 1 player that signed for it last year.

There also is no talk of us re-signing Young yet. I think Crawford might be the replacement. If so we still have work to do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracka2HI! View Post
    I hope you're right, but I think it's gone. I can't think of 1 player that signed for it last year.

There also is no talk of us re-signing Young yet. I think Crawford might be the replacement. If so we still have work to do.
    Bobby Simmons for minimum may work again to back up Butler if we lose Young.

vCash
    ^What about T-mac?

vCash
    BAE exists like I thought.

vCash
    Ugh....id rather give Young the 3 year 5 mill a year deal than craw. Give Craw the 1 year and if he declines.....good.
    TWINSIES!!

vCash
    Bledsoe, Caron, DeAndre for Dwight.

Do it Donny!

vCash
    Ray Allen will be at Playa Vista Friday to meet with the team and will be offered MLE for 2 years. I don't get it... what if you offer multiple players MLE and all of them want it? Can you call one and cancel on them before the 11th (official signing day)? If so obviously you choose Allen over Crawford.

vCash
    We haven't agreed with Crawford. Even so these are just verbal agreements. Kinda like how Brand agreed to stay and then stabbed us in the back.

vCash
    Reports are we are looking at Courtney Lee! I think if we did a consensus around here he would be the top guy!! Ray Allen coming in Friday. Things could still end up better than it looks!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracka2HI! View Post
    Reports are we are looking at Courtney Lee! I think if we did a consensus around here he would be the top guy!! Ray Allen coming in Friday. Things could still end up better than it looks!
    I would LOVE that...but from what i've read is that some team may throw him "Aaron Afflalo money." If that's the case then obviously we have no shot. But id go in this order: Lee, Young, Allen, some whatever player.....Crawford (unless it is a 1 year deal...in which case i place him above the whatever player.)
    TWINSIES!!

vCash
    Crawford is one of my favorite players, so I'm happy about signing him. I'm not the biggest fan of re-signing Billups. The way it stands now, I can see this team having problems defending elite perimeter players.
    "..complex mane dat love simple thangs."*S.L.uggeR*

Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast