Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    vCash
    ^ No, I'm with you. Torn on the events of the last couple days with Chauncey. On one hand it almost certainly means he will be back. On the other hand we kinda have to pay him more now. I doubt any team would have offered him a big contract if he was unrestricted. Maybe 2 million or something. Now I can't see us not giving a decent contract. We're in a tough spot and have no GM. Things are starting to get back to normal in Clipperland. LOL!

vCash
    If I'm going to sign an "elderly" 2Guard, give me Ray Allen. Mayo or Courtney Lee>>>Billups. Do we really want Billups on the perimeter trying to guard the key perimeter guys from the spurs, thunder, etc.
    "..complex mane dat love simple thangs."*S.L.uggeR*

vCash
    An idea I thought of and figured pitch it here.

Josh Smith + 1st (23rd)

for

Caron Butler + Ryan Gomes + Eric Bledsoe

Let me start by saying I don't want to give up Bledsoe however it's the price you have to pay to rid both Butler and Gomes contracts. Smith could play the 3 and backup at 4. If Smith fits in with the team perfect and we can sign him longterm. The best thing in it all is that Smith is in his final year on the deal. If we didn't want to sign him that would allow us to pursue Howard in his UFA year with CP3 and Griffin. The late first could be used to draft a solid rotational player.

Atlanta does this deal because Smith is going to walk next year anyways. They get a serviceable 3 in Caron at a cheaper price than Smith and the prized Bledsoe. Gomes could be valuable in a flip for a cap dump as his deal would be expiring or they could just buy him out.

I love Bledsoe but it's probably a move I would ultimately make.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by airforceones25 View Post
    An idea I thought of and figured pitch it here.

Josh Smith + 1st (23rd)

for

Caron Butler + Ryan Gomes + Eric Bledsoe

Let me start by saying I don't want to give up Bledsoe however it's the price you have to pay to rid both Butler and Gomes contracts. Smith could play the 3 and backup at 4. If Smith fits in with the team perfect and we can sign him longterm. The best thing in it all is that Smith is in his final year on the deal. If we didn't want to sign him that would allow us to pursue Howard in his UFA year with CP3 and Griffin. The late first could be used to draft a solid rotational player.

Atlanta does this deal because Smith is going to walk next year anyways. They get a serviceable 3 in Caron at a cheaper price than Smith and the prized Bledsoe. Gomes could be valuable in a flip for a cap dump as his deal would be expiring or they could just buy him out.

I love Bledsoe but it's probably a move I would ultimately make.
    Makes no sense for ATL. Caron doesnt have a horrendous contract, but it's not great either. Gomes is an expiring contract but does that matter since Smith is also in his last contract year? The only valuable piece they receive is Bledsoe, and they dont even need him since they have Teague. Plus they send a 1st? Not a great package for them.

Plus Smoove isnt that great of a fit for the 3. He's not as athletic as he used to be and his jump shot is very iffy. The only player that ATL would take from LAC is Blake, and we all know the clippers wont do that.

Sorry if that came off as mean but I just dont see that trade helping out the hawks. Although I do hope the clippers land a big name!

vCash
    Clippers Talking Odom Trade With Dallas
    Jun 27, 2012 12:36 AM EDT

The Clippers have been in trade talks with the Mavericks about acquiring Lamar Odom, according to sources.

A deal could depend on the willingness of a third team to take on the contract of Mo Williams, which would allow Dallas to preserve cap space.

The Mavericks have also been discussing pushing back Friday's deadline to buyout the final season of Odom's contract for $2.4 million with his agent Jeff Schwartz.

Mo Williams has maintained all season that he plans to exercise his $8.5 million player option for the 2012-13 season.

The Lakers, according to sources, have expressed interest in Williams and have a trade exception that was acquired from Dallas for Odom.

Via Marc Stein/ESPN

Read more: http://basketball.******.com/wiretap...#ixzz1z297IZDk
    Odom would give depth to the SF & PF spots.

vCash
    HOOPSWORLD ‏@HOOPSWORLD

Report: The Dallas Mavericks have agreed to send Lamar Odom to the Los Angeles Clippers in a three-team transaction that would send guard Mo Williams from the Clippers to the Utah Jazz and leave the Mavericks receiving a trade exception, the Dallas Morning News reported Thursday.
    I can dig it.

vCash
    Alright now that it's pretty much official with Odom.

I believe this give us the full MLE still then correct? If this is so...

What is your guys opinions on OJ Mayo. He's pretty streaky but plays solid defense. Do you think we could get him MLE money or even just amnesty Gomes to free up the additional cash? Last year he welcomed the fact of coming off the bench. He would give us a solid bench with Bled and Odom.

^ This is assuming we keep Chauncey

Paul/Bledsoe
    Billups/Mayo/Leslie
    Butler/Young
    Griffin/Odom/Thompkins
    Jordan/Evans

Thoughts?

vCash
    we still need a backup big. BAD

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by airforceones25 View Post
    Alright now that it's pretty much official with Odom.

I believe this give us the full MLE still then correct? If this is so...

What is your guys opinions on OJ Mayo. He's pretty streaky but plays solid defense. Do you think we could get him MLE money or even just amnesty Gomes to free up the additional cash? Last year he welcomed the fact of coming off the bench. He would give us a solid bench with Bled and Odom.

^ This is assuming we keep Chauncey

Paul/Bledsoe
    Billups/Mayo/Leslie
    Butler/Young
    Griffin/Odom/Thompkins
    Jordan/Evans

Thoughts?
    I'm pretty sure Mayo wants more than the MLE. He thinks he's good enough to make 8-9 million range, and some stupid team will likely give him that kind of contract too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kylem4711 View Post
    we still need a backup big. BAD
    Well we were able to bring back one former clipper as our backup 4, how about we go after another former clipper at the 5 in Kaman?

I really want Kaman back on the team and playing with the second unit, or even first unit if Jordan continues to suck. If not Kaman, then just get anybody who can shoot some damn free throws, doesn't even matter if he's a legit Center. Just get a relatively tall guy who can shoot a damn free throw and willing to play defense and I'll be happy.

vCash
    I still want us to land one of these guys..Ray/Mayo/Courtney Lee.

vCash
    This is my last post in what I hope for the clippers in Free agency...

Trade Mo for Odom (already done)
    Amnesty Gomes
    Sign Michael Beasley (MLE)
    Sign Jordan Hill (BAE)
    Re-Sign Chauncey Billups
    Re-Sign Nick Young
    Re-Sign Reggie Evans (Vet min)

Roster:

Chris Paul - Eric Bledsoe
    Chauncey Billups - Nick Young
    Michael Beasley - Caron Butler
    Blake Griffin - Lamar Odom
    Deandre Jordan - Jordan Hill

Extra bench players: Reggie Evans, Trey Thompkins, Travis Leslie.

Deep team, with a good mix of experience and young talent. I hope this happens!

vCash
    Getting Odom for Mo was a must IMO. The smart move was to get the MLE. Now we can retain the rights to Chauncey, Young and Reggie. Dare I say Foye too! I would go after a 7 footer with the MLE. I think the best guy out there is Robin Lopez. He may be able to be had for the MLE and put up great numbers in limited minutes. I think he is probably better than DJ.

C DJ/Lopez/Reggie
    PF Blake/Odom/Thompkins
    SF Butler/Young
    SG Billups/Foye
    PG Paul/Bledsoe

That kind of roster is very possible. Anything better than that would take some creativity. I'd like so see us to able to pick up another SG like Lee, Shannon Brown or CJ Miles. We might be able to pick up a SG upgrade over Foye for the minimum.

vCash
    Mayo chose Cali when it was time to go to school, maybe he'll pick Cali again to restart his professional career. If Mayo wants to come here, the Clips & the Grizz shouldn't have a problem making it work. The Clips need another dynamic guy on the perimeter. I read rumors that we are in "deep waters" when it comes to negotiating with Jamal Crawford. Jamal is one of my favorites but when it comes to starters, I'm rooting for Courtney Lee or Mayo. I think there will be too many suitors for Ray Allen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by apet8945 View Post
    Well we were able to bring back one former clipper as our backup 4, how about we go after another former clipper at the 5 in Kaman?

I really want Kaman back on the team and playing with the second unit, or even first unit if Jordan continues to suck. If not Kaman, then just get anybody who can shoot some damn free throws, doesn't even matter if he's a legit Center. Just get a relatively tall guy who can shoot a damn free throw and willing to play defense and I'll be happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by SluggeR View Post
    Mayo chose Cali when it was time to go to school, maybe he'll pick Cali again to restart his professional career. If Mayo wants to come here, the Clips & the Grizz shouldn't have a problem making it work. The Clips need another dynamic guy on the perimeter. I read rumors that we are in "deep waters" when it comes to negotiating with Jamal Crawford. Jamal is one of my favorites but when it comes to starters, I'm rooting for Courtney Lee or Mayo. I think there will be too many suitors for Ray Allen.
    I don't think Mayo takes the MLE and outside of Bledsoe I don't think we have anything the Grizz would want. Maybe Gomes/Foye S&T and future 1st

I think Mayo is probably the best guy we can hope to add all things considered. However if he is above our price range I really like the idea of bringing Kaman back. He may be available for the MLE. He was injured a lot at the end of last year and may not have much value. There are a lot of move I would like to see the team make before settling on Crawford.

Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast