Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Doubt that would happen. Besides it would be a redundant situation with Bledsoe and Rondo. Doesn't make much sense. I think a package of Bled, DJ and 2 1sts would get us Howard or close to it. Much rather go that direction if we are giving up both assets.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by airforceones25 View Post
    Doubt that would happen. Besides it would be a redundant situation with Bledsoe and Rondo. Doesn't make much sense. I think a package of Bled, DJ and 2 1sts would get us Howard or close to it. Much rather go that direction if we are giving up both assets.
    I would love this more but be honest I dont think it would happen I wouldn't do it idk was Orlando... Our 2 1st rd picks would be late picks... Now Boston if they had had bledsoe and rondo would be in rebuild mode so why not move rondo for a monster pkg... They were looking to trade him at the deadline... They would get a a monster pkg for him save money and have a star in bledsoe still.... And by the way we could of got Allen at the deadline if we would of through in bledsoe in the offer whome they wanted... Hmmm ... Lol I know it won't happen but jus a good imagination... And it would hurt us for the future... But who is the future besides Blake cp3 and bledsoe... Jordan ain't the future.... He's garbage....

vCash
    If the clippers trade Mo/Gomes for a backup Center and/or SF and find a way to sign Brandon Rush... this offeason = success

I thought up of some weird trade ideas just for fun, but let me know what you think anyways.

Bucks get: Griffin, DJ, Butler, Gomes.
    Clippers get: Ellis, Udoh, Gooden, Mbah a Moute.

Magic get: DJ, Griffin, Mo, Young, 2013 1st round pick.
    Clippers get: Howard, Anderson, J-Rich.

Hornets get: Mo, Gomes.
    Clippers get: Ariza, Henry.

Also, I want to clippers to draft Yancy Gates in the 2nd.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Structures View Post
    If the clippers trade Mo/Gomes for a backup Center and/or SF and find a way to sign Brandon Rush... this offeason = success

I thought up of some weird trade ideas just for fun, but let me know what you think anyways.

Bucks get: Griffin, DJ, Butler, Gomes.
    Clippers get: Ellis, Udoh, Gooden, Mbah a Moute.

Magic get: DJ, Griffin, Mo, Young, 2013 1st round pick.
    Clippers get: Howard, Anderson, J-Rich.

Hornets get: Mo, Gomes.
    Clippers get: Ariza, Henry.

Also, I want to clippers to draft Yancy Gates in the 2nd.
    You should get slapped in the face for you first proposal.

The second one might be closer but it's still ridiculous.

The Hornets is the only one that makes any sense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by airforceones25 View Post
    You should get slapped in the face for you first proposal.

The second one might be closer but it's still ridiculous.

The Hornets is the only one that makes any sense.
    "I thought up of some weird trade ideas just for fun"

Obviously I wasn't lobbying for that 1st trade to happen but it would still make both teams very interesting.

The 2nd trade is bad for Orlando, if the clippers were offered that and turned it down THEY should be slapped in the face.

But I was completely serious about the 3rd trade. Mo/Gomes for Ariza/Henry would be great.

vCash
    In terms of the draft, I have a feeling that we're gonna stay put which sucks because there's a lot of talent in the back end of the first round.

Here's my wish list at the moment that can be grabbed at the tail end of the 1st/ early part of the second:

Center with legit size: Fab Melo http://nbadraft.net/players/fab-melo
    Kevin Durant lite: Quincy Miller http://nbadraft.net/players/quincy-miller
    Long armed defender with a lethal mid range game: Will Barton http://nbadraft.net/players/will-barton
    Best International prospect: Evan Fournier http://nbadraft.net/players/evan-fournier
    Raw athlete Kris Joseph: http://nbadraft.net/players/kris-joseph
    Crafty Greek with a three point shot and deceptive athleticism Kostas Papanikolaou http://nbadraft.net/players/kostas-papanikolaou

There's a lot of diamond in the rough kind of players in this year's draft. I would hope that we take advantage of it even more so now that Griffin will be making max money in a year and Paul will make around 18 if we can resign him. Cheap value players are what we need to be looking to add to our roster.

vCash
    If the Hornets are looking to trade Pick 10 for a young veteran, who are some of the potential targets?

Chad Ford: Darren Collison, Eric Bledsoe, Evan Turner I've heard a lot. Ditto for Paul Millsap of the Jazz. By the way, I'm told the Blazers are looking at the same group of players at 11 if they decide to trade the pick.
    Bledsoe to the hornets for the #10 pick would basically be completing last Summer's trade to get CP3 wouldn't it?
    "..complex mane dat love simple thangs."*S.L.uggeR*

vCash
    I think Bledsoe for the 10 or 11 is a wash basically. It could turn out to be a great move long term or a disaster depending on if we lock up CP3. If we lock up CP3, Bledsoe isn't ever going to start at PG here. He is most likely going to start in the league so trading him might be smart. We might be able to get the SF/SG or Big Man we need. If Mo is going to be back Bledsoe is somewhat expendable, however he was huge in the playoffs. Even our best offensive player one game.

The 10th pick is fair value for him for sure tho so I won't be mad if we do it, however I would like to see us find a more creative way to get a draft pick. I know Mo won't bring in the 10th pick, but crazier things have happened than Mo being traded for a 1st rounder. Even if it's late I'd rather move Mo and keep Bledsoe and pick up a late round rookie.

vCash
    Los Angeles Clippers point guard Mo Williams has said he does not plan to opt out of the final year of his contract, which will pay him $8.5 million next season. However the situation isn't as simple as that. Williams' agent Mark Bartelstein told ESPNLosAngeles.com Wednesday night that he and the Clippers are trying to "find a solution" to the situation. Namely, Williams is a former All-Star point guard who spent most of last season playing out of position at shooting guard and coming off the bench following the trade for Chris Paul and the acquisition of Chauncey Billups. "Mo's a professional and I think he showed that last season," Bartelstein said. "He had a great year under difficult circumstances. That said, he's a starting point guard. He's an All-Star starting point guard. So we'll look at everything and see what makes sense." ESPN.com

Los Angeles Clippers, Maurice Williams | share

Williams has until June 30 to make a decision on the final year of his contract. Bartelstein said both he and the Clippers are "kind of exploring everything" in the hopes of finding a solution that works for both sides before June 30. ESPN.com

Los Angeles Clippers, Maurice Williams | share
    At the end of the year, Mo developed "tunnel vision". He was very dangerous when defenses didn't know whether he was going to pass or shoot. When he tried to become "jason terry" and basically jacked-up shots everytime he got the ball, his effects on the game became minor. Whether it's using bledsoe or mo in a deal, here are the teams as of today I feel may have need at the point:

Bulls
    Hornets
    Kings
    Lakers
    Magic
    Nets
    Suns
    Blazers
    Last edited by SluggeR; 06-21-2012 at 10:07 AM.

vCash
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

According to all of the gossip mags as well as a couple leaks yesterday the Clippers and Odom are talking and working on a deal. He's still under contract with the Mavs but apparently his agent is working with the Mavs on that. Sources have said Odom was seen having lunch twice with Vinny Del Negro this week.

“Lamar’s agent is in talks with the Clippers. He and Khlo are thrilled that he’ll be returning to the team and that they will get to stay in L.A. and be close to their families,” a source said.

“Lamar wants to return to Los Angeles and the Clippers want him. They just need to work out finances and contractual issues.”

Khloe wants to be near her own family when she and Lamar start their family and this new job for him will make that all happen so easily. She was happy to move to Dallas and would move anywhere for Lamar, but having him on a team in LA is a dream come true,” the source says.
    Take it for what it's worth.

vCash
    ^That is awesome. I hate Odom but if he can bring his skill set to where it was 2 years ago, to this year, he'll be a great bargain at a cheap price. I'll gladly throw away my hate if he can help this team win a championship. ****, bring in Elton Brand too to back up Griffin.

Best case scenario this offseason would be having Mo not opt in so as to use that money for more vets. Then we can amnesty Gomes. I'd rather keep Bledsoe and resign Billups. Sign Odom and maybe Jesus Shuttlesworth if his ankles look like they'll hold up and Nick Young. Resign Reggie or Brand and find a 7 footer to back up DJ (Chris Kaman anyone? Lol.) through the draft or free agency.

Paul/ Bledsoe/ Billups
    Allen/ Young
    Butler/ Odom
    Griffin/ Evans/ Trey
    DJ/ (free agent or draft pick)

vCash
    It sounds like we are trying to trade Mo. I'd hope we can get a late 1st for him or even a future 1st, but I'd settle for almost anything. Trading Mo and amnestying Gomes would be the best way to improve our roster. Adding Odom makes tons of sense. I think he' still better than he was last year. I'd like to see us trade Mo for a pick, re-sign Young, Billups and Reggie, sign Ray Allen, Odom and a 7 footer.

vCash
    What do you guys think of this potential lineup?

Chris Paul - Eric Bledsoe
    Nick Young - Tracy McGrady
    Caron Butler - Michael Beasley
    Blake Griffin - Lamar Odom / Trey Thompkins
    Deandre Jordan - Reggie Evans / Draft (2nd)

How does this happen?

Trade Mo for Beasley (just an example, Im not sure Minny would even consider)
    Sign Lamar Odom? Apparently the clippers are interested.
    Sign T-Mac for the vet min (for experience, the clippers are still young and immature)
    Re-sign Nick Young
    Re-sign Reggie Evans

I think it's a solid team, very deep. How far do they go?

vCash
    ^ The center position would be too weak and there's no way we get Beasley. Minnesota already has an abundance of point guards, no need for another one.

I think Mo is going to get traded, and a potential landing spot I see for him is in Phoenix for Channing Frye. We save some cash and get a stretch big. Then we amnesty Gomes and have about 5-6 million in cap space.

I'm not too sure what to think of Odom. He could really be useful or he could just be a slob like he was in Dallas.

And now with the whole arbitration thing, we have bird rights to Billups so it seems even more likely that Billups will be back.

I say we trade Mo for Frye, re-sign Billups and Nick Young (since Billups won't be playing until December), re-sign Evans, sign a good SG to MLE and sign a Center who can shoot a damn free throw.

vCash
    I sure hope the clippers don't get caught up in the hype and re-sign Billups to some dumb number and expect him to contribute to this team in ways he can't. Billups is a good leader and a champion, but at this point in his career I think the Clippers will be making a big mistake if they pay too much for billups and expect him to perform at a level he can't. The Clippers have to be on point with their roster moves being the cap situation the way it is. Am I the only one that feels billups is not a priority and that the clips can find a better replacement?

Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast