Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Make that 4th now....stupid lakers
    TWINSIES!!

vCash
    While I do agree with that, I don't think this helps or hurts our chances against the Lakers. Bynum owned us. Howard is the TO of basketball and Nash can't guard Paul. Or Westbrook or Parker for that matter. As HUGE of a move as it seems I don't really think Howard is that big on an upgrade over Bynum and while they both have bad attitudes...Howard to me looks like the worst human in sports the past 10 years. I seriously think he's more of a franchise killer than TO. Wouldn't mind seeing him kill his current franchise!!

vCash
    very interested to see what the lakers do this off season. i heard something like, if they were to sign howard next year, they would have to pay almost 150 in luxury tax. they are gonna have to make some moves.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracka2HI! View Post
    While I do agree with that, I don't think this helps or hurts our chances against the Lakers. Bynum owned us. Howard is the TO of basketball and Nash can't guard Paul. Or Westbrook or Parker for that matter. As HUGE of a move as it seems I don't really think Howard is that big on an upgrade over Bynum and while they both have bad attitudes...Howard to me looks like the worst human in sports the past 10 years. I seriously think he's more of a franchise killer than TO. Wouldn't mind seeing him kill his current franchise!!
    The difference between Bynum's and Howard's bad attitudes is that Howard keeps his bad attitude for off the court instead of on it. Bynum has his bad attitude both on AND off the court.

What I'm trying to say is Howard is going to give you 100% every game, especially on defense because he's always got his head right while in a game. His attitude has never gotten in the way of his performance, and this is true even for last year. There was no significant drop of Howard's numbers and performance as a result of his whole trade situation. He went about his business on the court and dealt with all the other **** off the court.

However, Bynum's attitude gets in the way of his actual performance on the court. Bynum can tend not to give 100% every game, especially on defense, and that's where the true difference lies between these guys and why the Lakers did in fact make a huge improvement.

Sure, Phil Jackson might have been able to tame Bynum, but he was hurt for a majority of that tenure and he was surrounded by guys like Kobe, Odom, and Fisher who were keeping him in his place. As soon as that influence was gone with a new coach and new personnel in general, we saw the prima donna come out and it was affecting his actual in game performance.

The Lakers won't get that from Howard. He's 100% focused every single game.
    Last edited by apet8945; 08-11-2012 at 02:55 AM.

5. 08-11-2012, 10:24 PM
    Reason
    bask in the Laker forum....not here

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by apet8945 View Post
    The difference between Bynum's and Howard's bad attitudes is that Howard keeps his bad attitude for off the court instead of on it. Bynum has his bad attitude both on AND off the court.

What I'm trying to say is Howard is going to give you 100% every game, especially on defense because he's always got his head right while in a game. His attitude has never gotten in the way of his performance, and this is true even for last year. There was no significant drop of Howard's numbers and performance as a result of his whole trade situation. He went about his business on the court and dealt with all the other **** off the court.

However, Bynum's attitude gets in the way of his actual performance on the court. Bynum can tend not to give 100% every game, especially on defense, and that's where the true difference lies between these guys and why the Lakers did in fact make a huge improvement.

Sure, Phil Jackson might have been able to tame Bynum, but he was hurt for a majority of that tenure and he was surrounded by guys like Kobe, Odom, and Fisher who were keeping him in his place. As soon as that influence was gone with a new coach and new personnel in general, we saw the prima donna come out and it was affecting his actual in game performance.

The Lakers won't get that from Howard. He's 100% focused every single game.
    While I do agree with this, Bynum killed us. Their 2 skilled offensive big man is what we couldn't contain. Now they have less of an offensive threat at C and a 37 year old white PG. I do think they have improved, I'm just not sure they helped their chances of beating us. I love that the Clippers are back in the rearview mirror but I think we have improved and are going to have to be dealt with.

vCash
    Being a Knicks & Clippers fan will make for a very exciting upcoming season. Those NY vs. NY and LA vs. LA games are gonna be must see TV.
    "..complex mane dat love simple thangs."*S.L.uggeR*

8. 08-14-2012, 07:56 PM

vCash
    I might get a lot of flak for this but I think the clippers should try and trade for Carmelo Anthony. Not sure what they would give up but he would keep Chris Paul in LA and more importantly would fit in very well. Maybe Bledsoe/Butler/Odom for Melo?

Yeah, pretty much impossible but it would be sweet.

The season needs to start already Im bored

vCash
    Anytime some dumb Knicks fan says CP3 is going to the Knicks, I remind them that it was Melo who came to the CLIPPPERS facility to work out with CP3. I also say it's 1000 times more likely that Melo will demand a trade to the Clippers than CP3 taking the MLE to play for the Knicks. Obvioulsy we won't S&T him for their junk. I don't think it's as far fetched of an idea as it sounds.

vCash
    Melo aint demanding no trade nooo time soon, he just forced himself to the Knicks.How is this even a topic in this thread?
    "..complex mane dat love simple thangs."*S.L.uggeR*

vCash
    How is Chris Paul to the Knicks brought up 1200 times a week in the NBA forum? Which is more likely? Obviously there is zero chance Chris Paul to the Knicks works financially, so the very fact that Melo being traded to the Clipps is financially possibly makes it a better convo than CP3 to the Knicks? Wouldn't you agree?

vCash
    Yeah, i dont see how people are still talking about it.

vCash
    Don't even humor them, guys.

Back to some realistic possibilities.... does anybody have any interest in picking up another big? Maybe Yi Jianlian or Andray Blatche? I think both of them have potential that could be reached in time. Yi just came off of some pretty big numbers in the olympics (30 points vs. Spain, and averaging over 10 rebounds and over 2 blocks). What do we have left that we could offer?

vCash
    I would love to get Blatche. Sounds like you could get him for the min.

vCash
    I'd really like to see the team offer Birdman the minimum. It sounds like his case was pure BS. I would want nothing to do with him if even a little of it is true. I think I'd pass on Blatche. He must have nothing to offer or someone would have swooped him up or atleast brought him in for a tryout. Yi is interesting. I think there is still some upside there!

vCash
    Hi Clips fans, Bulls fan here. I'm just wondering if you guys are happy with Jamal Crawford signing?

I'm looking at Clips payroll lately. If your FO didn't overpay Caron Butler till 2013 and sign Jamal Crawford to a four year contract, you guys have a legit shot at acquiring either James Harden, Andre Iguodala, Monta Ellis or at least Manu Ginobli(still a top 10 SG at 35) in 2013 free agency. Do you guys think your FO blew up the chance to get another star to play alongside CP3?

Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast