Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNumber37 View Post
    Would you do this trade?

Bulls Get:
    Jordan, Bledsoe, Gomes
    Clippers Get:
    Noah, Watson, 2nd round pick
    That is horrible for the clippers. DJ was average this year but Im sure he can be better than Noah. They dont need Watson or a 2nd rounder, and Bledsoe can bring back much better value (or he's insurance for CP3). Although the clips will try to get rid of Gomes.

vCash
    I'm not going to jump off a bridge and say DJ is better than Noah, but he is younger, cheaper, & can affect games in some of the same ways Noah does. Bledsoe could bring in a late lottery/mid 1st rd pick by himself. Noah is a good player, but when your talking about DJ & Bledsoe I feel the Clips could get more for them and pieces that they actually need. If that proposed trade was made, the Clips would still have the same needs we have now.
    "..complex mane dat love simple thangs."*S.L.uggeR*

vCash
    Hey do you guys think that with DJ still being young will he live up to the 10 million dollar a year deal? I mean the guy has no offensive moves whatsoever can he be the guy in the middle or will that lack of offense kill us?

vCash
    Actually he does have some post skills. Normally at the beginning of a game he gets the ball in the post and "works out", after that all his baskets come from oops & hustle. I think DJ just has to become more active in all aspects of the game and he'll be just fine.
    Last edited by SluggeR; 06-12-2012 at 09:33 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNumber37 View Post
    Would you do this trade?

Bulls Get:
    Jordan, Bledsoe, Gomes
    Clippers Get:
    Noah, Watson, 2nd round pick
    this is really bad for the clippers.

vCash
    Out of our free agents, I want Swaggy P, Billups, and Reggie back.

Let Foye and KMart go (he's probably gonna leave anyway with the altercation he and Del Negro had at the end of the season).

Find a legit 7 footer in free agency but preferably in the draft.

Keep DJ.

Trade up in the draft for Quincy Miller a SF out of Baylor (late round draft pick).

Actually play Trey (he's the stretch 4 that we need for cheap)

Paul/ Bledsoe
    Young/ Williams/ Billups/ Leslie
    Butler/ Miller/ Gomes
    Griffin/ Evans/ Trey
    DJ/ (free agent/ draft pick)

I know it's essentially the same team but there's no reason to think that this team can't get further than it did last year. Another year together with actual practice will do wonders for this year. Add a mid range game to Griffin and DJ improving and we can get right back to 45-50 wins and back to the playoffs.

Of course, much of our success will lie on Del Negro who I hate and who I hope will get dumped so we can get an actual coach. Supposedly Paul wants Malone, an assistant with the Jazz, that coached him on the Hornets. With Del Negro fired, Malone will probably coach the team which is cool with me as long as the guy knows his rotations and knows how to run plays (2 things that Del Negro does not know even though he's the ****ING head coach).

vCash
    ^^^Foye or Martin got into it with Del Negro?

http://clippers.ocregister.com/2012/...-the-clippers/

Quote:
    source very familiar with Allen’s situation told ESPNNewYork.com that the Heat, as well as potentially the Clippers, will be more attractive to the five-time All-Star in the offseason because they’re top teams that can offer more than the veteran’s minimum of $1.4 million. That will likely be the Knicks’ spending limit for free agents. “
    I would much rather bring on Ray, rather than re-signing Billups.

vCash
    If CP3 & Griffin re-sign longterm, this coaching staff or the next one is going to have to start developing this team's draft picks & D-Leaguers. Th spurs do an awesome job of doing this. With the amount of money this team will be spending on CP3, Griffin, DJ, and eventually the last key piece(s); there is not going to be a lot of meoney to fill out the roster. This means draft picks, D-Leaguers, and guys we get for the vet. minimum are going to be key components to this team battling for rings. Thompkins and Leslie should definitely be fixtures in the rotationm next year. If K-Mart leaves this offseason, that leaves this team with no scoring in the post when Griffin is on the bench.

vCash
    ^ Agreed. I can see Trey being the stretch 4 we need. Leslie seems to have enough ability to stick in the league. We could really use another back of the rotation out of this draft somehow.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SluggeR View Post
    ^^^Foye or Martin got into it with Del Negro?
    Martin.

I would much rather bring on Ray, rather than re-signing Billups.
    I wish there was a way to bring both on.

Quote Originally Posted by SluggeR View Post
    If CP3 & Griffin re-sign longterm, this coaching staff or the next one is going to have to start developing this team's draft picks & D-Leaguers. Th spurs do an awesome job of doing this. With the amount of money this team will be spending on CP3, Griffin, DJ, and eventually the last key piece(s); there is not going to be a lot of meoney to fill out the roster. This means draft picks, D-Leaguers, and guys we get for the vet. minimum are going to be key components to this team battling for rings. Thompkins and Leslie should definitely be fixtures in the rotationm next year. If K-Mart leaves this offseason, that leaves this team with no scoring in the post when Griffin is on the bench.
    Yeah. I wish we didn't give Caron 3 years. Kind of ****ed us over for the time being. Williams is owed 8.5 mil next year. Hopefully we can pull a trade for one or two of these guys to free up some space.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracka2HI! View Post
    ^ Agreed. I can see Trey being the stretch 4 we need. Leslie seems to have enough ability to stick in the league. We could really use another back of the rotation out of this draft somehow.
    Trey is definitely the answer. Leslie needs to work on his shooting and ball handling but I too believe that he'll be an integral part of this team in the next few seasons.

Yeah we need to get a good rotation player out of this draft. We got steals with Trey and Leslie. Hopefully the magic is still there. I'm still hoping to trade up though. Mo for a middle- late first round pick sounds great right now.

vCash
    Am I the only guy that doesn't want to see Young & Butler starting next to each other next year? If either one of them starts for us next year, they need a versatile guy starting next to them that can affect the game in several aspects of the game. Butler is clearly on the downside of his career and Young is SOOOO 1-Dimensional. If Young is not lighting-it-up, he absolutely doesn't contribute in any other facets of the game. Putting the right SG & SF in our starting line-up will be very imperative.

vCash
    ^ I'd agree with that. Butler is OK in the starting lineup and Foye is versatile and they acutally worked out OK. We could use an upgrade at 1 of the 2 starting spots for sure. I like Young of the bench becuase of the reasons you said.

vCash
    If the clippers could somehow trade Butler/Mo/Gomes that would be great. Although Caron grew on me. He had a down year but he brings toughness/leadership so I wont be mad if he's still the starting SF.

Necessary moves IMO:

Release: Young, Foye, Martin, Billups.

Re-sgin: Evans, Simmons. (Both for vet min. Evans is a great "blue collar" guy and Simmons would be an emergency option)

Sign: (not all, these are just examples) Courtney Lee, Brandon Rush, OJ Mayo, JR Smith, Shannon Brown, Alonzo Gee...
    Also sign Dominic Mcguire for the 2nd unit.
    Sign a crappy backup center (Jermaine O'neal/Aaron Gray/Hasheem Thabeet)

What Im getting at is that the clippers should invest in a consistent 2-guard that they can have grow with the current core of this team.

Trade Mo/Gomes (Expiring contracts) for Ariza/Henry

Depth chart:

Chris Paul - Eric Bledsoe - Travis Leslie
    *Courtney Lee - *Xavier Henry - Travis Leslie
    Caron Butler - *Trevor Ariza - *Bobby Simmons
    Blake Griffin - Trey Thompkins - *Yancy Gates (Draft)
    Deandre Jordan - Reggie Evans - *Jermaine O'neal

*The players with the asterisks could obviously change but I think that the clippers really need to find they SG of the future and use the money they have for that potential player. Then they would have to be smart and fill out the rest of the roster with hard-working players on smaller contracts. That's easier said than done but the clippers need that 3rd option.

vCash
    I really think they should look at packaging Jordan to free his money off the books... Let's be honest he's always gunna be a 1 sided player (D) that's when he's on the court... The only way to deal him would mean packaging bledsoe with him someone will bite... Bledsoe will eventually start in this league... But if cp3 stays he won't ever get his shot with us,and he will leave eventually.... I would package Jordan bledsoe for r Allen (sign&trade) and bring kg in for 1 year re sign r Evans, k Martin,n young, and billups(backup) amnesity mo will or trade if possible, and go hard after g hill for 1 yr.... What do we got to lose on the short deals for the vets... And we will still have are funds to resign are big 2 long term....cp3/blake...
    Cp3 billups pg
    Allen young sg
    Hill butler sf
    Blake kmart pf
    Kg Evans c
    Last edited by biglows27; 06-14-2012 at 10:16 PM.

vCash
    ^ that's pretty damn interesting. Not sure if a double sign and trade is possible, but I'd atleast give strong consideration to DJ/Bledsoe for KG and Allen. It's a horrible trade for the future but it could make us the favorites this year, which is our most important year ever. I'd try to get Pierce too while I was at it. DJ/Bledsoe/Gomes or Butler for KG/Pierce/Allen. Imagine if the big 3 moved to another team!

C KG
    PF Griffin
    SF Pierce
    SG Allen
    PG CP3

You only need a bench because of the age of the big 3.

Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast