Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SluggeR View Post
    I don't see it happening, but if you can get Superman (w/a longterm deal)..YOU HAVE TO DO IT.
    Even with a long term deal I wouldn't do it because of the back surgery.

I like kyle's idea of adding Channing Frye for Mo. I don't know if Phoenix would do that, but if we are able to land Frye and JR Smith and re-sign Nick Young and K-Mart we'd be a pretty tight squad. Imagine this lineup to close out games;

C Frye/K-Mart
    PF Blake
    SF Young
    SG Smith/Bledsoe
    PG CP3

That lineup around Chris Paul would be downright scary! We'd have so much athleticism and shooting that with Paul we'd be very hard to stop! I can see Young and Smith developing into near all-star players with Paul. I think they both also have a lot of upside defensively and we'd be really long on the wings! We'd still be a little soft on the boards, but I'm hoping Blake becomes a monster on the boards. If he improves his rebounding and FT shooting we'd be hard to beat.

The cool thing is...we're going to be hard to beat no matter what we do!

vCash
    ^^Having Smith & Young would be redundant. That type of line-up would be nice on NBA Live, this aint that. I think J.R. at this point in his career, can contribute in more ways than Young, but a lot of baggage comes along with J.R.. I would take Ray Allen or Courtney Lee over both of them.
    "..complex mane dat love simple thangs."*S.L.uggeR*

vCash
    This offseason we will see what this GM is all about. The Clips have the assets and the flexibility to build a roster that is ready to challenge and win a ring. Getting CP3 was a gift from David Stern and an act of throwing everything against the wall and seeing what stuck. This offseason will really show me if the Clips have the type of FO/GM to become and sustain a winner.

vCash
    We have a good GM. He got Nick Young for nothing. Literally. He knows what he's doing and makes good moves. If Eric Gordon's agent didn't ask for a salary starting at $18 million per I'll bet we'd have Paul and Gordon right now. With the year Gordon had and the way he was always hurt here I'm glad he's out the picture. I'd hate having to try to work a deal with him now. I don't see much out there that can help us this offseason. We'd be lucky to return the exact same roster. That said I'll bet Olshey proves me wrong and pulls another rabbit out his hat! My bigger worry is that Sterling will show why he has the reputation and not pay the money to keep Olshey here.

vCash
    Olshey Working Month-To-Month For Clippers
    Jun 01, 2012 10:29 AM EDT

Neil Olshey has been working month-to-month under terms of a contract that expired last fall.

Clippers owner Donald Sterling is reportedly apprehensive committing a long-term contract to Olshey after being forced to pay former coach and general manager Mike Dunleavy over $13 million in their salary dispute following his dismissal in 2010.

Olshey reportedly earns less than $500,000 a year.

Via ESPNLosAngeles.com
    Los Angeles Clippers, NBA, NBA Misc Rumor

Read more: http://basketball.******.com/wiretap...#ixzz1wYklLINO
    WoW..

vCash
    Clippers Reach Agreement With Neil Olshey
    Jun 01, 2012 9:05 PM EDT

The Los Angeles Clippers have reached an agreement in principle with Vice President of Basketball Operations Neil Olshey.

Olshey had been operating under a month-to-month agreement.

The 2011-12 campaign marked Olshey's second season as the Clippers' Vice President of Basketball Operations and his ninth overall season with the organization. Olshey began his career as Director of Player Development prior to the start of the 2003-04 season and served as an assistant coach during the 2004-05 campaign before holding the title of Director of Player Personnel from 2005-08.

Via ****** Staff Report
    Los Angeles Clippers, NBA, NBA Misc Rumor, NBA Misc Official Transaction

Read more: http://basketball.******.com/wiretap...#ixzz1we0YcVFG
    Ok..

vCash
    We should try going for Brandon roy. I heard he might be making a comeback.

vCash
    ^^^If he can be had for the vet min. and we are not bringing him in to DEPEND on his production.

vCash
    Wondering if the Clippers would look at a deal around Bledsoe:
    Jarret Jack and Aminu for Eric Bledsoe.
    I like Aminu's potential a lot, but CP3 and Jack have a LOT of chemistry, cp3 is actually the reason jack is on the team. So you guys would get your SF of the future back, we get our PG of the future, and you guys get a really good role player who can play the 1 and 2 really well with CP on the floor. Thoughts?

Braves Pelicans Raiders

vCash
    ^^^^Don't see that getting it at all. Bledsoe's value was questionable before the playoffs, but not any longer. Plus you have to remember that it's a good chance Mo Williams may opt in. I'm not opposed to the Clips trading Bledsoe, but it will need to be in a deal that really benefits the Clips.

vCash
    Olshey Leaves Clippers
    Jun 04, 2012 8:11 PM EDT

The Los Angeles Clippers and Neil Olshey mutually agreed to end discussions concerning Olshey's future with the team. An agreement in principle, reached and announced on June 1, will not be completed and the two parties have agreed to part ways.

"Circumstances have obviously undergone some movement since our announcement Friday. In light of that, we want to wish Neil well and acknowledge his contributions during the time he spent with the Clippers," said Clippers' President Andy Roeser.

A search for a replacement is already underway, headed up by Roeser. In the interim, all responsibilities pertaining to the team's basketball operations will be absorbed by Roeser, Head Coach Vinny Del Negro, and Clippers' Director of Player Personnel Gary Sacks.

Via ****** Staff Report
    Los Angeles Clippers, NBA, NBA Misc Rumor

Read more: http://basketball.******.com/wiretap...#ixzz1wsG08G2V
    What's up with this owner?!

vCash
    Honestly this is really bad. We don't have anyone who knows **** about basketball in the front office right now. Olshey was a huge asset. I'd honestly have to see what Portland paid him before I really know how I feel. It looks like Sterling made him an offer he verbally agreed to and Portland swooped in and paid more money. I'd have to know how much more before I blame Sterling, but we need to get a basketball mind involved.

vCash
    I think we should go after Portland's ex-GM Pritchard. If it wasn't for the injuries, the Blazers would have been the Thunder before the Thunder.

vCash
    Whoever is gonna be the team's next GM, I wouldn't mind him kicking the tires on Rudy Gay. Would anybody trade Eric Bledsoe for a lottery pick?

vCash
    no way. he is worth more than everyone besides the #1

Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast