Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Lightbulb Official Offseason Thread:Trade Ideas/FA/Draft

Central thread to write offseason related post.*STICKEY*
    "..complex mane dat love simple thangs."*S.L.uggeR*

vCash
    First issue is Del Negro. He gained my respect big time this playoffs. I'd like to see a better coach. Outside of Jerry Sloan or Phil Jackson I'm not sure there is one. The team always played hard and never gave up. That is hard to replace. D'Antoni isn't the answer IMO. I'd love to see him as an assistant coach! VDN has 1 year team option. We have to lock up Paul and Blake and I don't think 1 more year of Vinny hurts that. If there's no improvement than move on and let Griffin and Paul pick the coach...after they re-sign!!

vCash
    The wing positions need to be upgraded and an actual offensive system is needed. The Clips need a versatile 2guard that can create his own shot & for others and defend his position. From what I hear about the Clips owner I'm sure if he would amnesty Butler, but if the Clips go offensive with the 2guard spot; a versatile & defensive SF needs to be added.

vCash
    Wow, he needs to make new plays, better than the pick n roll plus Griffen needs to do better at his post game and his 10 footers and beyond. Paul needs to stop leaving his feet in traffic it causes turnovers so he can make the best pass. Jordan also needs to work on the same things as Blake. As a team they need to move the ball more they play to much one on one ball but they will improve, hopefully we can become similar to Spurs and eventually become another force from the WEST.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SluggeR View Post
    The wing positions need to be upgraded and an actual offensive system is needed. The Clips need a versatile 2guard that can create his own shot & for others and defend his position. From what I hear about the Clips owner I'm sure if he would amnesty Butler, but if the Clips go offensive with the 2guard spot; a versatile & defensive SF needs to be added.
    We can't amnesty Butler, we signed him after the new CBA was put into place. And even if we could, amnestying him wouldn't be the best idea.

The amnesty should be used either on Williams or Gomes. Seeing as how we might be able to find a suitable trade partner for Williams, we will probably use it on Gomes.

Someone mentioned the idea of trading Williams to Brooklyn for Anthony Morrow, which is an idea I really like. It saves us a around 4.5 million in cash we can use on others and it gives us a very good outside shooter.

If we did that trade and amnestied Gomes, we'd have 50 million committed to 6 players (assuming Thompkins stays). If the cap is again at around 58 million, that's 8 million + the MLE to get the other pieces we need, like Nick Young, Billups, and a Center.

Also mentioned elsewhere was the possibility of Brand becoming amnestied, so we could put a bid on him and get him for pretty cheap.

vCash
    I was talking to my friends and thought up a trade that could be decent for us

Magic get: DJ and Bledsoe and two 1st rounders from the Nets or 1st rounder and Brooks with DJ and Bledsoe

Clippers get: Brook lopez and a 2nd rounder from magic

Nets get: DH12 and Hedo

my logic:

DJ well is good for some athletic ability but not so much for a well rounded offense like ours and he cant make his own shot on offense, which is like 1 less person on offense. bledsoe well we cant get something good without giving back in return.

nets get their guy obvoiusly and taking on hedo's contract.

Magic well they need a a pg since Jameer is opting out, plus they get a Center in DJ that can give them a middle man they need. not to mention 2 or 3 first rounders maybe if we throw in one so the will win plus the shed cap space so it works out

then in the draft if the nets get a top 3 pick they keep it so they can throw that in the deal and maybe not giving up any other picks for the fututre.

vCash
    Butler isn't so bad that we need to pay him to play somewhere. I have a feeling he will have a better season with a full offseason and another year removed from his knee injury. Besides dude played with a freakin broken hand!

Quote Originally Posted by DrGreenThumbz View Post
    Wow, he needs to make new plays, better than the pick n roll plus Griffen needs to do better at his post game and his 10 footers and beyond. Paul needs to stop leaving his feet in traffic it causes turnovers so he can make the best pass. Jordan also needs to work on the same things as Blake. As a team they need to move the ball more they play to much one on one ball but they will improve, hopefully we can become similar to Spurs and eventually become another force from the WEST.
    This is pretty much dead on!!

Quote Originally Posted by apet8945 View Post
    We can't amnesty Butler, we signed him after the new CBA was put into place. And even if we could, amnestying him wouldn't be the best idea.

The amnesty should be used either on Williams or Gomes. Seeing as how we might be able to find a suitable trade partner for Williams, we will probably use it on Gomes.

Someone mentioned the idea of trading Williams to Brooklyn for Anthony Morrow, which is an idea I really like. It saves us a around 4.5 million in cash we can use on others and it gives us a very good outside shooter.

If we did that trade and amnestied Gomes, we'd have 50 million committed to 6 players (assuming Thompkins stays). If the cap is again at around 58 million, that's 8 million + the MLE to get the other pieces we need, like Nick Young, Billups, and a Center.

Also mentioned elsewhere was the possibility of Brand becoming amnestied, so we could put a bid on him and get him for pretty cheap.
    I like the idea of trading Mo for Morrow. However we would not get the MLE after using our cap space if we traded it we get that $2.5 million exemption that we signed KMart with. That still might be enough room to give us a good offseason. I'd like to see Young back and he might take $2.5 million on a 2 year deal. Not sure there will be interest in him. I'd also like K-Mart and Reggie back but we need a big that is an actual Center and can make free throws. Robin Lopez might be the best fit considering the cost. Even if we just brought back the same roster but added Lopez I would be happy. I don't really think the roster was the problem or that there really was a problem this year. We finished 5 in the West and went to the 2nd round. We are young so we should improve off that alone!

Quote Originally Posted by playanpimp32 View Post
    I was talking to my friends and thought up a trade that could be decent for us

Magic get: DJ and Bledsoe and two 1st rounders from the Nets or 1st rounder and Brooks with DJ and Bledsoe

Clippers get: Brook lopez and a 2nd rounder from magic

Nets get: DH12 and Hedo

my logic:

DJ well is good for some athletic ability but not so much for a well rounded offense like ours and he cant make his own shot on offense, which is like 1 less person on offense. bledsoe well we cant get something good without giving back in return.

nets get their guy obvoiusly and taking on hedo's contract.

Magic well they need a a pg since Jameer is opting out, plus they get a Center in DJ that can give them a middle man they need. not to mention 2 or 3 first rounders maybe if we throw in one so the will win plus the shed cap space so it works out

then in the draft if the nets get a top 3 pick they keep it so they can throw that in the deal and maybe not giving up any other picks for the fututre.
    Don't like it. While Brook is superior to DJ his career may be almost over at the rate he's getting hurt. He's going down the path of MANY bigs before him. Oden, Walton and Yao immediately come to mind. Not only Brook makes us even softer...which is something I really really don't want to see. I also hate the idea of giving up Bledsoe in that deal. I don't move him unless it's for an all-star and our FO already vetoed a Chris Paul deal over him so I doubt they are moving him in that kind of a deal.

vCash
    Who can you think of out there that fits this bill tho? I actually disagree with this statement. What we had at the 2 this is exactly what you are saying we need. Foye, Mo, Billups, Bledsoe and Young played minutes at the 2 this year. They are all basically PG's playing the 2 besides Young. Maybe we need a better SG, but like I said who is out there?

I'd even like to see Foye stick around and with how disappeared in the playoffs maybe we can get him back on a minimum deal? Would even a bad team pay him? What's a 10 PPG, average in almost every aspect of the game SG worth anyway? Foye is just an average player but he isn't really a flawed player. In the playoffs he became a liability but we really just need someone to fill in for Chauncey until he retakes his spot. He is the player we needed and need.

The part of you post I agree with is needing an offensive system. VDN did a better job in the playoffs and honestly impressed me vs Pop even getting swept. He actually made moves that worked and made them adjust. However we still had no system or plays on offense. Maybe better assistant coaching is needed? I have a feeling D'Antoni won't get a head coaching gig. I wonder if he'd take time off before becoming and assistant. A team with D'Antoni's system and the heart, grit and toughness that this team showed in the playoffs would be a contender for sure IMO!!

vCash
    ^^^I'm not going to say that the people I'm about to name meet what I posted about to a T, but they would be nice acquisitions:

Ray Allen: Lights out shooter that stays in great shape. His shot would give Griffin & DJ more space to work with in the paint. He's battled tested and would burn people eyes out, like the spurs shooters did to us.

Courtney Lee: One of those versatile all-around 2guards that plays winning ball. He's the type of player championship teams have on their roster. Young, talented, and batlled tested.

O.J. Mayo: Didn't have a good series against us, but he's young & talented and I think he would be lethal next to CP3.

J.R. Smith: If he opts out, he could be a nice acquisition. Most of us know how lethal he is when he's on and how frustrating he can be when he's not. CP3 could make him into an all-star. Can Del NEGRO handle him is the real question.

Thes are just a couple off the top of my head and I have not even thought about 2's we could trade for. Don't want Billups starting at the 2. He already couldn't guard 2's and now he's coming off a serious injury. People act like VDN is a rookie coach or something. He hasn't shown me a whole lot since his bulls days, except that he's learned how to keep up with his time outs. If folks want to blame the shortened season for his x's & o's, all I can say is I hope yall right. Jerry Sloan would be my selection.
    Last edited by SluggeR; 05-23-2012 at 01:37 PM.

vCash
    I want to trade mo for channing frye and sign cortney lee. the only reason to blow the team up is for someone like dwight. otherwise, leave the team relatively intact and add a shooting big, sign nick young, sign a better 2 guard (lee) and get a damn coach that is not an idiot.

http://media.lockerdome.com/uploads/...1fd750c1_large

vCash
    It would never happen but would you guys make this trade if it was offered?

Blake/Jordan for Dwight/Anderson

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D12 fan View Post
    It would never happen but would you guys make this trade if it was offered?

Blake/Jordan for Dwight/Anderson
    I would if dwight didnt just get back surgery. thats scary.
    Anderson would fit this team really well

vCash
    There was never a time where I would have traded Blake for Howard but there was a time that I easily admitted that a team with Howard is better than a team with Blake. Now I think Howard may be the biggest team killer in sports history. NO THANKS!! I'd give you DJ and Gomes for him!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kylem4711 View Post
    I want to trade mo for channing frye and sign cortney lee. the only reason to blow the team up is for someone like dwight. otherwise, leave the team relatively intact and add a shooting big, sign nick young, sign a better 2 guard (lee) and get a damn coach that is not an idiot.

http://media.lockerdome.com/uploads/...1fd750c1_large
    That's so funny man. Dude I was in Chris Paul's suite for game 3...which was the best and among the worst days 4 hours of my life! He sells his suite tickets on Stubhub.

vCash
    I don't see it happening, but if you can get Superman (w/a longterm deal)..YOU HAVE TO DO IT.

Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast