Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chris Perez

vCash

Chris Perez

I do not know if there was already a thread made about this. If so, delete.

A video of Chris Perez confronting a heckler. According to him, this guy has been riding him for four years. Thoughts?

Personally, from what I am reading, the fan is a giant douche, but Perez could have handled it better.

http://www.liveleak.com//view?i=3ac_1345497561
    FC Bayern Munchen

New York Yankees

vCash
    Here is an article to go with it....

http://cleveland.indians.mlb.com/new...s_cle&c_id=cle
    FC Bayern Munchen

New York Yankees

vCash
    I'm an A's fan, but i'll be the first to admit that it was a classless move by the fan. We are supposed to have good loyal fans, not start trouble. Chris Perez definitely had a reason to argue with the guy.
    Last edited by OpenAvalin; 08-21-2012 at 05:37 PM.

vCash
    From what I'm seeing here, which is limited fan is an *******, getting what he deserved

vCash
    I'd support Perez here, what he did was fine with me (but the video is hard to tell).

Chris Perez has always been a little more confrontational though

vCash
    perez did nothing wrong here. The fan didn't really either. As long as there is no physical altercation, i dont see a problem with fans and players talking **** to each other lol

vCash
    The only problem I have with the altercation is the language from both ends. I dont know what happened to witty banter, but neither of these guys have heard of it before. Good trash talk is entertaining, but foul mouthed insults with no creativity is just sad.

vCash
    After watching that video, I can conclude they are both douche bags.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyOldMan View Post
    The only problem I have with the altercation is the language from both ends. I dont know what happened to witty banter, but neither of these guys have heard of it before. Good trash talk is entertaining, but foul mouthed insults with no creativity is just sad.
    I think this really summarizes my feelings on the situation. I have no problem with Chris Perez confronting a fan, but it is sad that they both sounded so foolish. The fan's "AAA" comments are more than offset by Perez making what sounded like it was a homophobic remark and also referring to his salary being bigger than the fan's. If I misheard Perez's comments, I apologize, but it sure seems like those statements reflect badly on him.

vCash
    Why exactly is he calling out Perez? It just seems like this fan is being a douche for the sake of being a douche.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Clipper View Post
    Why exactly is he calling out Perez? It just seems like this fan is being a douche for the sake of being a douche.
    Is there ever a legit reason for calling players out? Fans will be fans.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnydanger1 View Post
    Is there ever a legit reason for calling players out? drunks will be drunks.
    fixed!

vCash
    what a douche..... the fan that is

vCash
    I would hate to have Perez on my team. What is he five years old? Drama's always going to surround this guy. He can't shut his mouth.

Forget the stupid A's heckler. Your a Major League Ball player. Your living a dream. This type of harassment comes with the territory. Every visiting place you go, fans will say the most horrible personal things you can imagine. You don't indulge them by trying to fight or argue especially bragging about how much salary you make.

vCash
    He's just a heckler. A douchebag, but professionals need to ignore them and be professionals.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast