Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Who controls the NFL forum?

With the lul in football talk theres a lot of repeated threads. I've seen two tonight that looked like they could create good discussion yet they were moved to a forum that has nothing to do with them. Sleeper Player To Make Your Team's Roster?? and Players On Your Team That Don't Fit Your System(s)?

I mean come on I'm all for keeping the forums clean but isn't this better than all of the pats/saints/top players threads? If anything the NFL networks top 100 threads are comparisons. This is a joke.

vCash
    I do

Sorry

vCash
    I have zero issue with threads being moved, it's just NOBODY goes to the comparisons forum.

It'd be fine if people actually visited it. It basically is the graveyard of threads. I still think the definition of a comparison thread is sketchy anyways. They allow "who will win X division" in the main and then sometimes they've moved, for example.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    I have zero issue with threads being moved, it's just NOBODY goes to the comparisons forum.

It'd be fine if people actually visited it. It basically is the graveyard of threads. I still think the definition of a comparison thread is sketchy anyways. They allow "who will win X division" in the main and then sometimes they've moved, for example.
    But heres the thing you could classify so many threads into "comparison"
    Burning Question for the NFC
    Superbowl picks
    NFL Top 100
    Who will win the AFC West
    the list goes on...heck if you follow the rules any team signing or extension should only be in that teams forum!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cub_StuckinSTL View Post
    But heres the thing you could classify so many threads into "comparison"
    Burning Question for the NFC
    Superbowl picks
    NFL Top 100
    Who will win the AFC West
    the list goes on...heck if you follow the rules any team signing or extension should only be in that teams forum!
    The only one on that list that is a real comparison is the NFL top 100. The reason that has been left is the same reason that we have things like the Redraft votes in the main NFL forum, because there are some things that do have other forums but warrant extra attention and affect the entire NFL.

As to the concerns that "the comparison forum doesn't get any viewers", well that one just falls on deaf ears to me. The reason it doesn't get any viewers is because people refuse to put threads into it and want to put them in the main NFL forum.

But that being said, you are right and I should have moved the top 100 thing sooner.
    Member of the Owlluminati!

vCash
    Why move the top 100? It stayed in the NFL forum last time they made it?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    The only one on that list that is a real comparison is the NFL top 100. The reason that has been left is the same reason that we have things like the Redraft votes in the main NFL forum, because there are some things that do have other forums but warrant extra attention and affect the entire NFL.

As to the concerns that "the comparison forum doesn't get any viewers", well that one just falls on deaf ears to me. The reason it doesn't get any viewers is because people refuse to put threads into it and want to put them in the main NFL forum.
    When I made a thread today I felt was a comparison, the GOAT safety, I put it in the comparison forum.

When I made those other two, where I didn't feel was comparing anything, I mean sure, but it's not like I'm ranking, or playing a versus game. I'm simply asking about their roster and to point out a player who could surprise in one case and asking in the other who doesn't fit.

I can see how it can be a comparison, sure but at the same time it's not like the main is clogged up with threads nor is it full of much of anything but garbage right now.

I understand the concept of putting everything into it's little box where it belongs but at the same time the quality would be improved if most topics which actually require discussion weren't moved to where they don't see the light of day.

I mean a thread about removing offsides as a penalty remains and we can't talk about our rosters and who doesn't fit in the main. If my point makes any sense...

vCash

But that being said, you are right and I should have moved the top 100 thing sooner.
    So This thread which has become the Eli Manning debate is cool yet the other two aren't? Maybe if it involved the Bronco's it'd be cool. You're dodging the issue as usual.

vCash
    I kind of wish the two threads in the OP weren't moved to the comparisons. I don't see how they are comparisons to be quite honest.

This is coming from someone who "controls" the NFL forum too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsforever View Post
    I kind of wish the two threads in the OP weren't moved to the comparisons. I don't see how they are comparisons to be quite honest.

So here we have a mod whos in the NFL forum that disagrees? So that means theres a mod who thinks hes above everything and does this without justification? Why is this lone mod above the discussion? This isn't some "Who's better thread" or spam. Apparently one person's ideas rule all in the dictatorship of psd.

vCash
    Go look at the posts in them. There's now several posts calling them good threads that are main worthy. I've also been PM'd now about it.

I really seriously honestly don't care if they were moved, it's just nobody ever finds that forum. Maybe I should make a big link to it in my sig or something
    Last edited by Norm; 05-20-2012 at 11:43 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsforever View Post

I moved the one about the sleeper back to the NFL forum, I think its iffy and so its fine if its in there. But the one about player that doesn't fit the system is not iffy at all and I'm leaving it.
    Member of the Owlluminati!

vCash
    I moved the one about the sleeper back to the NFL forum, I think its iffy and so its fine if its in there. But the one about player that doesn't fit the system is not iffy at all and I'm leaving it.
    How is asking who doesn't fit your system a comparison at all? Seriously

vCash
    Some justice for norm's threads.

vCash
    God forbid threads that provoke discussion and sharing of knowledge of your favorite team besides the Pro Bowlers that everyone else knows end up in the NFL Forum. That's just for every poster to make a new thread about their crazy predictions for the upcoming season or to re-report what was just said on ESPN.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast