Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If Magic.....

vCash

If Magic.....

What if Magic Johnson had beaten Michael Jordan in the 1991 Finals??? Would Magic be considered the GOAT? Depending on who you ask MJ is considered the GOAT and Larry, Magic, Wilt, and Russel are a step below. With a Laker championship would Magic be in a two way tie with Jordan for GOAT? Or would all of Jordan's later accomplishments and marketability overcome his first finals loss?

vCash
    I think Magic is the GOAT....

vCash
    He may have convinced a few Jordan GOAT believers to his side. But I still think Jordan would be majority GOAT

vCash
    Hmmm interesting. I think Magic would be right there with MJ for the GOAT. It would be a very close argument, and a lot of people would side with Magic.

vCash
    Nope, just because someone somewhere has basically made MJ the consensus GOAT no matter what any player has done before or after him until the end of time.

Being banned is like going to a correctional facility, it doesn't correct anything, in fact, it makes you worse

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fishedz View Post
    I think Magic is the GOAT....
    Good one!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gritz View Post
    Nope, just because someone somewhere has basically made MJ the consensus GOAT no matter what any player has done before or after him until the end of time.
    That "someone somewhere" you are referring to is Michael Jordan.

vCash
    Probably.
    I still will deffend Magic BEING it ( if there has to be one, i dont beleive in GOATs)

It would also have created a complete different scenario because there is a chance Jordan would have completely blown up and demmanded a trade to somwhere else, or demmand Phils head or whatever ( yep he threatend to leave, and got coaches fired in his first 6 seasons in the league).
    ]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellcrooner View Post
    Probably.
    I still will deffend Magic BEING it ( if there has to be one, i dont beleive in GOATs)

It would also have created a complete different scenario because there is a chance Jordan would have completely blown up and demmanded a trade to somwhere else, or demmand Phils head or whatever ( yep he threatend to leave, and got coaches fired in his first 6 seasons in the league).
    A. This is someone defending Magic as GOAT (poorly)
    B. This is someone degrading MJ as GOAT (poorly)
    C. This is someone who is drunk
    D. All of the above

Answer - D

And yes, MJ would have had Phil Jackson fired his second season as the Bulls HC, even though he respected him. Makes complete sense. MJ was one of those super stars who blamed every loss on his coach and teammates. What a selfish bastard. When he missed a game winner, there was no one for him to blame but Phil Jackson. The Bulls organization has a long history of letting its superstars make all the rules and moves, as a franchise they historically impose no discipline on their players.
    Last edited by smiddy012; 05-19-2012 at 10:40 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smiddy012 View Post
    A. This is someone defending Magic as GOAT (poorly)
    B. This is someone degrading MJ as GOAT (poorly)
    C. This is someone who is drunk
    D. All of the above

Answer - D

And yes, MJ would have had Phil Jackson fired his second season as the Bulls HC, even though he respected him. Makes complete sense. MJ was one of those super stars who blamed every loss on his coach and teammates. What a selfish bastard. When he missed a game winner, there was no one for him to blame but Phil Jackson. The Bulls organization has a long history of letting its superstars make all the rules and moves, as a franchise they historically impose no discipline on their players.
    Dude, did you watch the nba back then?

I started wacthing the nba in 1985 so i saw Mj early years and i know how absolutely SPOILED he was back then.
    Btw ask Doug Collins bout the subject, why did he have to leave bulls in the hands of his SECOND coach mr Jackson.
    ]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smiddy012 View Post
    That "someone somewhere" you are referring to is Michael Jordan.
    You trollin?

Being banned is like going to a correctional facility, it doesn't correct anything, in fact, it makes you worse

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LakersMaster24 View Post
    Hmmm interesting. I think Magic would be right there with MJ for the GOAT. It would be a very close argument, and a lot of people would side with Magic.
    Might you be a Lakers' fan?
    When you got to shoot, shoot, don't talk

vCash
    So a fairy tale since Jordan never actually lost a series where he had HCA. This is like asking want if Germany beat USA, Russia and England in WW II
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JordansBulls View Post
    So a fairy tale since Jordan never actually lost a series where he had HCA. This is like asking want if Germany beat USA, Russia and England in WW II
    thats the mother of all what ifs.
    ]

vCash

ewing

Quote Originally Posted by MrThrowBack23 View Post
    What if Magic Johnson had beaten Michael Jordan in the 1991 Finals??? Would Magic be considered the GOAT? Depending on who you ask MJ is considered the GOAT and Larry, Magic, Wilt, and Russel are a step below. With a Laker championship would Magic be in a two way tie with Jordan for GOAT? Or would all of Jordan's later accomplishments and marketability overcome his first finals loss?
    No and Magic is my favorite player ever. I hated Micheal and always thought someone was going to ****ing catch him but he was that good. Too ****ing good

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast