Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Injuries.

vCash

Injuries.

I haven't heard anything on our injured guys..
    Anyone have any news of guys like benson, woodson, shields, matthews etc?
    My Ignore list: Naps, bucketss, iknowhoops....

2014 Adopt a Packer
    Randall Cobb

Receptions:
    Yards:
    Tds:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jerellh528 View Post
    I haven't heard anything on our injured guys..
    Anyone have any news of guys like benson, woodson, shields, matthews etc?
    Benson is on IR and i think he is going to have surgery. Woodson and Matthews are projected to be back next week against the Bears and Shields has a shot to play this week.
    My Adopter Packer: Blow Job Raji

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigCheese21 View Post
    Benson is on IR and i think he is going to have surgery. Woodson and Matthews are projected to be back next week against the Bears and Shields has a shot to play this week.
    I don't know for sure it sounds like MM was saying there was a possibility Woodson could play this week he was back in pads although on a limited bases.

My own personal opinion is that Matthews should play this week there is only one more padded practice for the year and the only way to get him back into the hitting is to put him into game time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    I don't know for sure it sounds like MM was saying there was a possibility Woodson could play this week he was back in pads although on a limited bases.

My own personal opinion is that Matthews should play this week there is only one more padded practice for the year and the only way to get him back into the hitting is to put him into game time.
    Green Bay - Coach Mike McCarthy was able to get S Charles Woodson some work in pads Thursday, but his plan to do the same with LB Clay Matthews did not work out.

McCarthy wanted both Woodson (collarbone) and Matthews (hamstring) in pads doing a limited amount of banging around because the team will not be in pads next week due to a limit on padded practices that is part of the new collective bargaining unit.

McCarthy said Woodson took part in a limited amount of work in pads, but that he was glad to get him on the field and practicing with the team.

Woodson has practiced twice this week and McCarthy said he was limited both days. That would seem to indicate he's preparing for the following week and not this week.

"It was important, we’re obviously on a rep count for the number of padded practices per season, so it was important to get out there today in pads," he said. "It's something we also talked to Clay about, but it just didn’t work out as far as the rehab program he’s on. But (Woodson) was very limited."

McCarthy's desire to get both on the field in pads Thursday because there won't be a padded practice next week seems to indicate he is anticipating both making their return against the Chicago Bears. That's a logical assumption anyway given the game will probably decide who wins the NFC North.
    Doesn't sound like it to me. But who knows.
    My Adopter Packer: Blow Job Raji

vCash
    benson is done
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    The pass rush has been embarassing since Matthews went down... at least we have Bishop... oh wait... at least we have Harris... oh wait, well Neal is picking it up... oh wait...

LOL, I don't think there is a legit pass rusher out there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TC119 View Post
    The pass rush has been embarassing since Matthews went down... at least we have Bishop... oh wait... at least we have Harris... oh wait, well Neal is picking it up... oh wait...

LOL, I don't think there is a legit pass rusher out there.
    Yeah it's pretty rough right now. Walden isn't bad and has gotten better but when there is noone on the opposite side to help it makes it harder on him as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rtardz View Post
    Yeah it's pretty rough right now. Walden isn't bad and has gotten better but when there is noone on the opposite side to help it makes it harder on him as well.
    Walden was very active when everyone was healthy, he's had a good year as a complimentary/role player. He'll never be a major cog though.

I am anxious to see this d at full strength, unfortunately it won't be until next year and Woodson could be gone.

vCash
    nelson is out

vCash
    So Is Nelson and Wood.. but Shields is a go

vCash
    Am I the only one who prefers Hayward and house to shields lol... Hopefully Matthews is completely healed when he gets back.. Don't want him in and out again like jordy

2014 Adopt a Packer
    Randall Cobb

Receptions:
    Yards:
    Tds:

vCash
    This team is so frustrating.. Coulda been beastly healthy.. Collins, bishop, perry, Neal, benson, etc

2014 Adopt a Packer
    Randall Cobb

Receptions:
    Yards:
    Tds:

vCash
    Shields is better than House imo.. But I see Shields showing up in a big way in the upcomin weeks.. Especially in Chicago

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by robdizzle3 View Post
    Shields is better than House imo.. But I see Shields showing up in a big way in the upcomin weeks.. Especially in Chicago
    Really?

I think House is pretty clearly superior.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    Really?

I think House is pretty clearly superior.
    They are pretty much completely different players. House is like Al Harris in every way. He just wants to shut down his guy. Shields is more of a gambler he might make the big play. I'll take the shut down corner.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast