Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueJayFanDan View Post
    Mayday Parade is like the love of my life. Such an awesome band. Among the best concerts I have ever been to when I saw them.

My Warped Tour date is tomorrow in Ventura, California!!! I am too excited for words!
    Now were you a fan before Jason left the band? What about now?
    I still like them, and their self titled album has actually restored my faith in them as it reminds of a Lesson in Romantics (which is one of my favorite albums ever) as their last album Anywhere But Here was just terrible.

I guess they needed an album or two to figure out how to write their own stuff without Jason (who was the primary song writer on A Lesson In ROmantics). But they are still a pretty good band and enjoy listening to their stuff.

Also, check out Jason's new band Go Radio.... their albums have all been really awesome this far, and I am looking forwards to their new one this summer. Guy has great song writing abilities and vocals.
    49ers, Athletics, Warriors = Life!

49ers = 12-4
    Warriors = 51-31 Making it rain!
    A's = 44-28 Back to Back AL West Champs!
    WINNING!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nicegoing View Post
    Did work give you the time off?
    Yeah, my manager was fine with it. Hell, I even told him it was for a concert. He didn't care. He would give me 3 days off per week if I asked for it lol.
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmac8675 View Post
    Now were you a fan before Jason left the band? What about now?
    I still like them, and their self titled album has actually restored my faith in them as it reminds of a Lesson in Romantics (which is one of my favorite albums ever) as their last album Anywhere But Here was just terrible.

I guess they needed an album or two to figure out how to write their own stuff without Jason (who was the primary song writer on A Lesson In ROmantics). But they are still a pretty good band and enjoy listening to their stuff.

Also, check out Jason's new band Go Radio.... their albums have all been really awesome this far, and I am looking forwards to their new one this summer. Guy has great song writing abilities and vocals.
    First of all, I love Go Radio quite a bit. Goodnight Moon is among my favorite songs ever. I love everything about that song, and I want more Go Radio music.

On that note, I had heard of Mayday Parade back right when A Lesson In Romantics came out. It was within two weeks after. I listened to the album, and I actually didn't like it. I found very little appealing about it at the time. I gave up on them, and then when I heard from a friend they had a new album (Anywhere But Here) coming out, I decided to give them another shot. I give most bands two chances. If not for my second chance theory, I would not be a fan of Rise Against, The Maine, or a few other bands I did not like at first listen. Before checking out Anywhere But Here, I checked out A Lesson In Romantics again. I WAS IN LOVE WITH IT. I don't know how I did not like it my first time. I then listened to Anywhere But Here, and loved it a ton and that was basically when I fell in love with them. Their newest album, the self-titled album, is incredible. Personally for me, as an entire album, Anywhere But Here is my favorite. I wouldn't put any songs from that album at the top of my Mayday favorites list, but overall, I just think that album is so incredible. The self-titled album is amazing. Stay is easily my favorite Mayday song ever, and Without The Bitter The Sweet Isn't As Sweet is a close second. All 3 albums are very close for me, and I really do love every single album although there is just something about Anywhere But Here that I am in love with. I love the sound of the band with Jason, and I wish he had stayed. I feel like the songwriting was best on A Lesson In Romantics. I do feel like they have done great things without him though. So glad I fell in love with them.

(sorry for basically writing a novel haha)
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    WARPED TOUR WAS AMAZING!!!!!

Oh man, I had so much fun today!

I ended up seeing:

Mayday Parade
    We Are The In Crowd
    You Me At Six
    We The Kings
    Yellowcard
    All Time Low
    Taking Back Sunday (stayed for 2 songs and left. They suck now)
    The Used (Only 2 songs)
    Tonight Alive (3 songs)

Such an incredible freaking day. Yellowcard put on such an amazing show! We The Kings is seriously so amazing live. 4th time I have seen them now, and they never disappoint. Mayday Parade is love. All Time Low ended up being a bit disappointing, but still awesome. I almost got killed by crowd surfers during You Me At Six. But yes, amazing day!
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash

First of all, I love Go Radio quite a bit. Goodnight Moon is among my favorite songs ever. I love everything about that song, and I want more Go Radio music.

On that note, I had heard of Mayday Parade back right when A Lesson In Romantics came out. It was within two weeks after. I listened to the album, and I actually didn't like it. I found very little appealing about it at the time. I gave up on them, and then when I heard from a friend they had a new album (Anywhere But Here) coming out, I decided to give them another shot. I give most bands two chances. If not for my second chance theory, I would not be a fan of Rise Against, The Maine, or a few other bands I did not like at first listen. Before checking out Anywhere But Here, I checked out A Lesson In Romantics again. I WAS IN LOVE WITH IT. I don't know how I did not like it my first time. I then listened to Anywhere But Here, and loved it a ton and that was basically when I fell in love with them. Their newest album, the self-titled album, is incredible. Personally for me, as an entire album, Anywhere But Here is my favorite. I wouldn't put any songs from that album at the top of my Mayday favorites list, but overall, I just think that album is so incredible. The self-titled album is amazing. Stay is easily my favorite Mayday song ever, and Without The Bitter The Sweet Isn't As Sweet is a close second. All 3 albums are very close for me, and I really do love every single album although there is just something about Anywhere But Here that I am in love with. I love the sound of the band with Jason, and I wish he had stayed. I feel like the songwriting was best on A Lesson In Romantics. I do feel like they have done great things without him though. So glad I fell in love with them.

Ok maybe we really do need to be best friends. I couldn't agree more with everything you said. Other than different favorite songs. I absolutely love Goodnight Moon as well. Go radio is pretty good and they have some good songs other than that.

I first heard Jamie All Over 3-4 years ago and after a bit I looked up other songs and listened to nothing but. A lesson in romantics for weeks. Couldn't stop listening to them. I even discovered that if you play "you be the anchor that keeps my feet on the ground, I'll be the wings that keep your heart in the clouds" then "I'd hate to be you when you find out what this song is about", it will sound like one really long song of amazingness. Seriously, try it.

I really think Jason's voice was perfect for the band, as well as his writing. I seriously don't know any other guys that love them as much as me or even likes them. I even made a tumblr just to reblog mayday. I remember my exGF wanted to leave during the encore at a show one time. Needless to say, that didn't happen. It was the tour where Jason came on to sing miserable at best. Sooooo amazing. Can't wait for warped here in NY. I like the Maine, Rise Against and a bunch of other bands like that too. But nothing will ever compare to mayday for me.

It takes a lot for me to decide to check out the rest of the songs by a certain band but I'm glad I did for mayday.
    My favorite song would have to be One Man Drinking Games. They easily have a few thousand plays combined on my itunes.
    Last edited by metsrock229; 06-25-2012 at 10:16 PM.

If You Ain't Huckin, You Ain't ****in

vCash
    WARPED TOUR WAS AMAZING!!!!!

Oh man, I had so much fun today!

I ended up seeing:

Mayday Parade
    We Are The In Crowd
    You Me At Six
    We The Kings
    Yellowcard
    All Time Low
    Taking Back Sunday (stayed for 2 songs and left. They suck now)
    The Used (Only 2 songs)
    Tonight Alive (3 songs)

Such an incredible freaking day. Yellowcard put on such an amazing show! We The Kings is seriously so amazing live. 4th time I have seen them now, and they never disappoint. Mayday Parade is love. All Time Low ended up being a bit disappointing, but still awesome. I almost got killed by crowd surfers during You Me At Six. But yes, amazing day!
    Are they playing any other songs off Southern Air?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metsrock229 View Post
    Ok maybe we really do need to be best friends. I couldn't agree more with everything you said. Other than different favorite songs. I absolutely love Goodnight Moon as well. Go radio is pretty good and they have some good songs other than that.

I first heard Jamie All Over 3-4 years ago and after a bit I looked up other songs and listened to nothing but. A lesson in romantics for weeks. Couldn't stop listening to them. I even discovered that if you play "you be the anchor that keeps my feet on the ground, I'll be the wings that keep your heart in the clouds" then "I'd hate to be you when you find out what this song is about", it will sound like one really long song of amazingness. Seriously, try it.

I really think Jason's voice was perfect for the band, as well as his writing. I seriously don't know any other guys that love them as much as me or even likes them. I even made a tumblr just to reblog mayday. I remember my exGF wanted to leave during the encore at a show one time. Needless to say, that didn't happen. It was the tour where Jason came on to sing miserable at best. Sooooo amazing. Can't wait for warped here in NY. I like the Maine, Rise Against and a bunch of other bands like that too. But nothing will ever compare to mayday for me.

It takes a lot for me to decide to check out the rest of the songs by a certain band but I'm glad I did for mayday.
    My favorite song would have to be One Man Drinking Games. They easily have a few thousand plays combined on my itunes.
    Yeah, Go Radio has some great ones. Goodnight Moon is by far my favorite, but Why I'm Home, The Truth Is, and Forever My Father are also some songs I really love.

Pretty awesome. I laughed at your gf wanting to walk out during an encore. I would have dumped her on the spot! Jamie All Over is such a great song. I'll have to try that with the songs you recommended. I have never noticed that before. I wish I had seen them live when Jason was around. It's a damn shame I never got a chance to. I'm one of those people that checks out every song from a band, and I compile my favorites, and add them to a playlist. Sometimes I go back later and find other songs I end up liking though too. Nearly all of Mayday's discography is on my playlist haha. I think only 4 songs aren't. And I don't even dislike the songs that aren't, I just never quite fell in love with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezio View Post
    Are they playing any other songs off Southern Air?
    The only one they did off the album was Always Summer. Either way it was such an amazing show. Ryan is such a great front man and Sean just destroys the violin. He is amazing to watch in person.
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    I don't know how anybody can stand listening to All Time Low. They sold out quicker then anybody.

Well it's not like they were ever good to begin with, but their music was at least respectable.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't know how anybody can stand listening to All Time Low. They sold out quicker then anybody.

Well it's not like they were ever good to begin with, but their music was at least respectable.
    They did sell out, but I still do love their music. A lot of bands I like have pretty much sold out and it sucks. But, some bands will do anything for popularity I guess.
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    The Ghost Inside absolutely killed it today, as did Every Time I Die. Really disappointed that I missed Title Fight play, I had no idea they went on at 11:30.

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    The Ghost Inside absolutely killed it today, as did Every Time I Die. Really disappointed that I missed Title Fight play, I had no idea they went on at 11:30.
    Yeah, when I went to Warped, ours is right next to a beach, so me and my friend arrived at 9am to get good parking and chill on the beach knowing we didn't want to see any bands that we assumed would be on before 1. Doors opened at 11. We got in line around 11. His friend was one of the first in line, and texted us at 11:10 saying Mayday Parade was on at noon. We were in the longest line ever and did not get into Warped tour until 11:54 and we sprinted to the stage Mayday Parade was on. I was so mad. Like honestly, they have bands go on right when the doors open. People pretty much have to run like crazy to see a band they may want to see. Mayday is not the biggest band in the world, but they should be later in the day. And they need a better way to make the line move faster. We literally spent like 57 minutes in line total which is insane.
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash

vCash
    I was at the Toronto show today. A girl Died.

vCash

Goodnight Moon... YES! One of my favorite songs ever! Also tons of other great songs by Go Radio like "You Hold Your Breath I'll Hold My Liquor," "In Our Final Hour," and "Forever My Father" to name a few.

Thats pretty cool that you "got" A Lesson In Romantics on a 2nd listen... it really was a great album I put it up there with some of my all time favorite pop-punk albums like Almost Home by The Academy Is... Sticks and Stones by NFG.... This is a Stickup, Don't Make it a Murder by Hit The Lights....and We All Need A Reason To Believe by Valencia.

With Anywhere But Here it just didn't fit with their style, or at least with what I was accustomed to, so I never really got on board with that album although there were a few okay tracks. However with their Self-titled I think Derek and the rest of the guys figured out how to write their own music that fit their style without having Jason do most of the writing. And sure enough, I like that album a lot. But my favorite Mayday Parade songs still are on their first album: "Jamie All Over" "When I get Home You Are So Dead" "If You Wanted a Song Written About You, All You had To Do Was Ask" and "I'd Hate To Be You When People Find Out What This Song Is About."

Needless to say I hope Mayday Parade and Go Radio are both around for quite some time... hell even a tour together would be epic lol. I'm just glad to see a few other people out there appreciating some Mayday Parade and Go Radio along with other good punk/pop-punk bands still.
    49ers, Athletics, Warriors = Life!

49ers = 12-4
    Warriors = 51-31 Making it rain!
    A's = 44-28 Back to Back AL West Champs!
    WINNING!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast