Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who Should the islanders draft in the draft?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yakupov

1 12.50%
  • Grigorenko

0 0%
  • Forsberg

0 0%
  • Murray

6 75.00%
  • Dumba

1 12.50%
  • Galchenyuk

0 0%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    vCash
    im starting to like trouba also depending on what we can get in a trade down i might consider him also.

vCash
    Yeah I still want Murray. Only potential frnachise dman out there... At least at this point. Rielly coudl surprise people

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CHj0dMkK6A

New Video. Isles season highlights 2011-12!

vCash
    Yeah guys I hope we go D-man too, only because we've got strome w/ Kabanov and Nino which could potentially be a pretty effective line. We have to go d man wether it be Murray, Dumba, or whoever else. If murrays still there and garth passes on him i'd be a tad bit dissapointed.

vCash
    Obviously Murray would be great to add but let me say this, there are many highly rated dman prospects.. So if we could land a prospect and a pick by trading down I would consider that and drafting a trouba Reilly reinhart Ceci or dumba( if he falls far). All I know is that Garth and his crew already know what their gonna do and that excites and scares me at the same time

vCash
    PEOPLE get on team REINHART
    SPACE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beltran15mets View Post
    Obviously Murray would be great to add but let me say this, there are many highly rated dman prospects.. So if we could land a prospect and a pick by trading down I would consider that and drafting a trouba Reilly reinhart Ceci or dumba( if he falls far). All I know is that Garth and his crew already know what their gonna do and that excites and scares me at the same time
    this.

i have a feeling they'll be picking forsberg

vCash
    Take Forsberg.. It will eb the exact same pick as 2 years ago.

Jesus christ we need a franchise dman dont **** it up garth

vCash
    With this being crunch time before the draft and all, the trade talk/rumors/speculation around the league is at a frenzied pitch. It seems right now half of the league's players have their names floating out there in some way, shape or form.

According to Sportsnet's Darren Millard, you can add Phoenix All-Star defenseman Keith Yandle to the list.

Hearing #coyotes have put yandle back In play. He was available for the right price @ the deadline.Deal is close. #sndraft

— Daren Millard (@darenmillard) June 22, 2012
    Admittedly, I don't really remember Yandle being in play before, at least not recently. There was talk about two years ago of some teams chasing him, but that's it.

However, he is far and away the highest-paid player on a team that money is an issue for. Yandle makes $5.25 million per season after re-signing with the Coyotes last summer as a restricted free agent. His contract carries him through another four seasons.

Perhaps a lot of fans around the league aren't very well aware of Yandle's ability, but he is definitely a defenseman who would be coveted by a lot of teams out there. He brings plenty of offense to go with his own-end play. He has surpassed 40 points in each of the last three seasons while not missing a game. The All-Star nominations were no accident with him.

If there is traction to this, I'd venture the Bruins were the first team to approach the Coyotes about Yandle. They were the team which seemed to be after Yandle the hottest two years ago and, as an added bonus, Yandle is a Boston-bred boy.

It would be tough for Coyotes fans to see them trading away a good, young defenseman, but when your franchise is in a state of so much uncertainty, it's bound to happen from time to time
    http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/blog/ey...-had-via-trade
    Make it happen Garth!!

vCash
    Also, Jordan Staal turned downa contract extension in PITT. Imagine gettign Staal? Would eb sick.

Trade Niederreiter+ (De Haan, picks, etc) for Yandle, then draft Forsberg! YEs! Do it garthy!

vCash
    Niņo is worth a late 1st at the moment, wouldn't be worth it

Honestly if Edmonton passes on yukapov I can see Garth giving CBJ the 4th and a 3rd to get yukapov because CBJ doesn't want him either
    But if not my order of desire

Yuk,gally,Murray, reinhart

vCash
    ^Yandle is a franchsie dman. Niederreiter + is EASILY worth Yandle

And um... It will take #4, and next year's 1st, to get the #2 if Yakupov is available..

vCash
    No it wouldn't
    Take a look at past trades for number 1 moving up
    The price isn't that high considering CBJ wouldn't want nail it'd pretty much be a bidding war between isles and Canadians

And Niņo plus could get yandle but that would set us back further into a rebuild. I'd rather keep niņo and draft yuk/gally/Murray/Reinhart and other assests

vCash
    ^How would that set us back. Explain hwo trading for a 25 year old #1 defenseman who has 4 years left on his deal will set us back.

Nino's stock has fallen, trading him in a deal for Yandle,a nd then taking someone liek Forsberg is better than settlign for someone like Dumba or Reinhart at #4 when theyre not top 5 picks

vCash
    But yandle would cost us (my expectations, may be higher) niņo/strome KO 4th overalland de haan
    When KO may turn it around into a good 60point 2nd line winger, niņo could be the 35+goal guy we wanted who has size, strome could be a 2nd line center

We would be cutting holes that we already can't fill. Id rather keep rebuilding
    Pitt took 7 years
    Chicago took 7-8
    Kings took a while too
    If it was for a younger, cheaper PK Subban I'd be more willing, which may be even more likely if CBJ and edm skipped nail, Montreal could get both nail and gally

vCash
    Btw if someone could "inform me" a way to "watch the draft" please inform me via message but post here confirming I will has a message

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast