Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Canucks extend AV's contract

VAN announces coach Alain Vigneault has been signed to a contract extension.
    https://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie/s...68906150461440

The winningest coach in franchise history. Inevitable move.
    "We earned this ****ing burn. It doesn’t matter how you get from A to B. Our goal at the beginning of this ****ing season is to win a ****ing World Series, and guess what, boys, we’re going to the ****ing dance." - The Reverend Hunter Pence

#3in5

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck

vCash
    Bound to happen. I think we all have a love/hate relationship with him.
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    As long as we get rid of Raymond he's a good coach.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by carson005 View Post
    As long as we get rid of Raymond he's a good coach.
    We also need all of our young prospects to turn 30 years old over the off season.
    "We earned this ****ing burn. It doesn’t matter how you get from A to B. Our goal at the beginning of this ****ing season is to win a ****ing World Series, and guess what, boys, we’re going to the ****ing dance." - The Reverend Hunter Pence

#3in5

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants5518 View Post
    We also need all of our young prospects to turn 30 years old over the off season.
    Prospects are for losing teams! We need Ray Whitney.

vCash
    Status quo directives for the summer:

- re-sign coach as if it's a new move
    - trade goalie as if we didn't expect that
    - pick up a 3rd line centre to make up for the quality C you got rid of in a bad deadline deal
    - throw out a few big free agent names like Weber and Schultz but fail to bring any to Vancouver
    - ignore the top 6 just like every other year

Take a snapshot of the roster when the Canucks were swept in the first round this year: Schneider in/Luongo out, Kesler injured and not scoring, Pahlsson a non-factor, Malhotra a non-factor, Alain Vigneault behind the bench a non-factor.

Next season we will have basically the same lineup with Gillis putting all of his energy into re-signing and re-creating the same failed lineup.

Everything else will be status quo since we're "2% away from accomplishing our goals". Didn't the guy who fell off the cliff say the same thing on the way down when he missed his handhold by 2%?

One of the goalies will be gone, which we expected. Vigneault will be back, which we expected. They will be as short on offensive talent as ever, which we also have come to expect. The only surprise will be that Mike Gillis will keep talking about how he values offence. He also values magic over reality because he's not getting offence out of these players, and he has a defensive-system coach, hence AV being the winningest coach in Canucks history.

I'm sure if someone looked it up Jacques Lemaire would also be the winningest coach in Devils history.
    Last edited by ink; 05-23-2012 at 05:57 PM.

vCash
    Here's some quotes:

Canucks AV: 'shoulder injury not reason for Kesler's diminshed production. His performance slipped and we've got to get on that'

Alain Vigneault confirms his coaching staff of Rick Bowness, Newell Brown, Darryl Williams and Rollie Melanson will remain intact.

#Canucks AV: 'I thought Daniel was going to be ready for playoffs. At one point we didn't even think he had a concussion."

Vigneault on goaltending: "What happened in the playoffs might be an indication of what happens moving forward."

Vigneault admits he learned a lesson and accepts responsibility for assuming the concussed Daniel Sedin was going to ready for the playoffs.

Vigneault: Canucks couldn't get to the mental level needed to be successful in the playoffs.

#Canucks AV didn't want to discuss whether Hodgson could have stayed & fit in system. Wished him well in Buffalo

AV: "I wouldn't want to be anywhere else. I've got a real great vote of confidence. . . and I don't intend to let anybody down."

Kesler injured shoulder Feb. 9, Hodgson moved Feb. 27. Gave up 'O' for 'D' with Pahlsson. Vigneault didn't discuss, wished Hodgson well.

Not sure if it's on the medical staff or the coach, but AV sure didn't think Kesler or Daniel Sedin were, how do I say this, "too injured"
    A couple things i got from this: Canucks will probably go after 'playoff peformers' and Schneider is likely the guy moving forward.

#3in5

<3