Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Stephen Holder via Twitter:

Busy, busy, busy at One Buc Place. Donald Penn (calf) on the shelf a while. Also seems a number of players failed conditioning test.
    Test consists of 16 110-yard runs. It's a beast. 45 seconds of rest in between. Players who failed not yet named
    Rick Stroud:

Bucs DT Eric LeGrand, who announced his retirement this morning, says he plans to get back to focusing on his main goal, "to walk again.'

We Want Winston!

vCash

Olympics over, Jeff Demps wants to play in the*NFL

After finishing his college career as a Florida running back in January, Jeff Demps said that he wasn’t interested in being selected in the NFL draft, because he wanted to put all of his focus on trying to qualify for the Olympics. That decision worked well for Demps, who made it to London and won a silver medal as part of the American 4×100-meter relay team.

With that goal behind him, Demps now wants to make it in the NFL.

Ian Rapoport ‏of NFL Network reports that Demps is ready to play football and hoping to sign with some team now, with an eye to playing in the NFL this season. He’s a free agent who can sign with anyone.

It’s not surprising that Demps wants to play in the NFL: I wrote at the time that Demps declared he was focusing on track that it was possible he’d switch his focus to football after the Olympics, because for all but a tiny number of sprinters, there’s more money in football than there is in track.

And Demps ran for 2,470 yards and 23 touchdowns and averaged 28.8 yards per kickoff return at Florida, so he has a résumé that should impress NFL teams. It would be surprising if he’s not in some team’s training camp soon.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-nfl/#comments

If you have great defense, create turnovers and great special teams, you can win 10 games - Lovie Smith

vCash
    Id love to give Demps a shot. Hes always been a playmaker. Could be a great return guy.

Btw I had no idea that he was in the Olympics. Here's a pic of him the other day> http://www.google.com/imgres?um=1&hl...9,r:1,s:0,i:80
    Last edited by Gdubbz; 08-14-2012 at 02:37 PM.

>Watch Me On Twitch Here<
    Click Here to Become a PSD Member!
    ★I am a Member of the BUC NATION

vCash
    @pewterreport: Bucs very interested in signing former gator jeff demps
    http://t.co/a8bepbnm

sources tell pewterreport.com that the buccaneers envision using demps as a slot receiver and a running back on offense and as a kick returner on special teams. Lining up demps and his world class speed next to seventh-round draft pick, michael smith, who runs a 4.3 in the 40-yard dash, would cause fits for opposing teams kickoff coverage units in terms of defending both speed merchants. Smith had a great nfl debut in miami on friday, returning his first kickoff 34 yards, followed by an electrifying 74-yarder.

The buccaneers offense added a playmaking wide receiver in vincent jackson this offseason, but with speed just under 4.5 in the 40-yard dash, he is actually more of a possession-type receiver. Fellow newcomer tiquan underwood, who has 4.3 speed, is really the only true speed receiver the offense has. Demps’ speed could be a welcome addition in both the passing game and the running game in tampa bay.
    I've been asking for speed ever since galloway
    Last edited by MagicBucsSox; 08-14-2012 at 03:19 PM.
    and with the 12th pick, The New York Football Giants select ......Odell Beckham Jr, Wide Reciever from Louisana State University

vCash
    They may play completely differently and I just dont know it but Jeff Demps reminds me a lot of Percy Harvin. He is definateley worth a look.

The Buccaneers are "seriously interested" in signing Olympic silver medalist and ex-Florida RB Jeff Demps, according to PewterReport.com.

One of several teams interested in the 4x100-meter relay star, the Bucs have been "touching base" with Demps since early summer. The team envisions him as a slot receiver/running back hybrid who can also help on kickoff returns. Demps ran for 2,470 yards and 23 touchdowns while averaging 28.8 yards per kickoff return with the Gators. A speedier version of Dexter McCluster, Demps should find an NFL home quickly now that he's shifted his focus back to football.
    http://i49.tinypic.com/2urung3.jpg

vCash
    Make it happen, Dom!

We Want Winston!

vCash
    Look, I know that I am all the way across the country in San Diego, and I do know that Tampa is USF country. But, you would have to think that adding that Gator to the roster might sell an extra season ticket or two, especially in the light of the Olympics.

I AM the Old School

vCash
    **** this dude is fast. And he his LETHAL in the open field.
    http://i49.tinypic.com/2urung3.jpg

vCash
    Last edited by MagicBucsSox; 08-14-2012 at 06:21 PM.
    and with the 12th pick, The New York Football Giants select ......Odell Beckham Jr, Wide Reciever from Louisana State University

vCash
    Last edited by MagicBucsSox; 08-14-2012 at 06:22 PM.

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ebbucsfan View Post
    **** this dude is fast. And he his LETHAL in the open field.
    Mother of **** I haven't seen speed like that since Trindon Holiday when he was at LSU. Thats REDIC!

Demps, Smith, Underwood.... Swew that would be a whole hell of a lot of speed.

Sign him up Dom!

>Watch Me On Twitch Here<
    Click Here to Become a PSD Member!
    ★I am a Member of the BUC NATION

vCash
    I really expected him to sign with us after going undrafted. And while I like Sammie, Demps has much more upside and he can play both WR and RB, in addition to his return abilities. Seems like a no-brainer. That said, this late in camp, I have to wonder how good his chances really would be to make the final roster. I suppose he could be signed to the practice squad.

Anyway, I'd like to see him signed. The boy can fly.

vCash
    Mike & Mike both say 6-10...********

We Want Winston

vCash
    Bengals waived Jordan Shipley... Would love to bring him in for a look really wanted that guy on draft day. If healthy i think hes a stud slot receiver and a decent return man.

Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast