Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    vCash
    http://web2.buccaneers.com/sneak-peek-a-new-day-rising/

Kind of a Cool video of OTA's and Schiano.
    I am a member of the BUC NATION

vCash

Fire the cannons.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrews1469 View Post
    http://web2.buccaneers.com/sneak-peek-a-new-day-rising/

Kind of a Cool video of OTA's and Schiano.
    Awesome vid. Watched it 5 times. Gets me pumped.

>Watch Me On Twitch Here<
    Click Here to Become a PSD Member!
    ★I am a Member of the BUC NATION

vCash
    Jaguars just cut Aaron Kampman ... would love my Bucs to try him out and sign him to a 1 year deal (low-risk high reward type deal) he's a great locker room guy but damn he hasn't been the same since his GB days

I believe our DE depth is a weakness right now hopefully we find a way to upgrade - not sold on Johnson and our recent acquisitions
    Last edited by bucc4life; 06-07-2012 at 04:38 PM.

If you have great defense, create turnovers and great special teams, you can win 10 games - Lovie Smith

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bucc4life View Post
    Jaguars just cut Aaron Kampman ... would love my Bucs to try him out and sign him to a 1 year deal (low-risk high reward type deal) he's a great locker room guy but damn he hasn't been the same since his GB days

I believe our DE depth is a weakness right now hopefully we find a way to upgrade - not sold on Johnson and our recent acquisitions
    I agree, i would love to bring him in, even if it is just for depth if bennett or or clayborn goes down
    Thank you Glazer's for the free tickets!!!

vCash
    Im going to get a lot of heat for this one but this is eactly what I feel. Either way, good read.

Source: Bucsnation

Quincy Black had one horrible year in 2011. He routinely missed tackles, appeared to be out of position too often and struggled to stay healthy. To some fans, Black epitomized the 2011 Tampa Bay Buccaneers: terrible. Fan vitriol wasn't helped by the fact that Black had just received a massive new contract, worth $29 million over five years with $11.5 million in guaranteed money. To some, Black is now a useless, overpaid player who has to be removed from this team for his subpar 2011 play.

Yet, that ignores one simple fact: Black wasn't alone or even exceptional in his struggles. The entire defense struggled once Gerald McCoy disappeared from the picture. In addition, Black wasn't fully healthy as he was returning from an ankle injury suffered in week 3 of the regular season. That's not to make excuses for Black: he played terribly. But there's reason to believe that isn't a structural issue.

Black never looked like a special linebacker to me, but he does have the physical characteristics to be a successful NFL defender. Those abilities often did come to the surface, as Black was a quality run defender throughout his tenure with the Bucs - with the exception of 2011, that is. While he's always struggled in coverage, he does have ability as a blitzer - though not as an edge rusher, despite Raheem Morris' statements on the matter.

For Black, 2011 was not the norm, but the exception. Is he overpaid? Possibly, but that shouldn't concern anyone. For one, his salary is guaranteed for 2012 anyway - there's nothing anyone can change about that. More importantly, the Bucs have plenty of salary cap space. But being overpaid does not make him useless: he's a terrific special teams player and has been a good run defender throughout most of his tenure. He also seems to be penciled in as the team's starting strong side linebacker, so you'll see him on the field plenty of times next season. Don't let out an exasperated sigh when you do: despite his 2011 season, Black can be a useful player for the Bucs.
    I am a member of the BUC NATION

vCash
    Warren Sapp talks about Gerald McCoy

http://www.bucsnation.com/2012/6/8/3...t-gerald-mccoy

If you have great defense, create turnovers and great special teams, you can win 10 games - Lovie Smith

vCash
    Bucs 2011 third-round pick Mason Foster has worked as the team's starting middle linebacker throughout OTAs.

Quincy Black has been the SAM 'backer, with rookie Lavonte David on the weak side. Coach Greg Schiano is noncommittal on the Week 1 lineup, but this seems like the safest bet thus far. We like David's chances of getting the most tackles.
    http://i49.tinypic.com/2urung3.jpg

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrews1469 View Post
    im going to get a lot of heat for this one but this is eactly what i feel. Either way, good read.

Source: Bucsnation
    cut this fool now!!!!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by walkergodeep View Post
    cut this fool now!!!!!!!
    we unfortunately cant this year cuz of guaranteed money he's still owed ... but next off-season our Bucs can cut him clean

Quincy better play his a55 off this year and make an impact (starting/special teams) or its bye-bye for him

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bucc4life View Post

Agreed. I like the addition of Gilberry, but I feel like we still need to add one more defensive end to the roster.

Kampman has "The Buccaneer Way" written all over him. He's a great leader, is very intelligent, has a great work ethic, and is a true professional on and off the field. Our young defensive line could definitely learn a thing or two from him.

If he checks out medically, I wouldn't be surprised at all if we sign him.

Fire the cannons.

vCash
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers have best chance of quick NFC turnaround

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...nfc-turnaround

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quikdraw View Post
    Agreed. I like the addition of Gilberry, but I feel like we still need to add one more defensive end to the roster.

Kampman has "The Buccaneer Way" written all over him. He's a great leader, is very intelligent, has a great work ethic, and is a true professional on and off the field. Our young defensive line could definitely learn a thing or two from him.

If he checks out medically, I wouldn't be surprised at all if we sign him.
    Yeah, it's all about the medical right now ... hopefully he can come back and at least be an above average pass rusher

your right about the guys character/intangibles - we'll see if our Bucs show interest

vCash

Cool Idea

How will Bucs deal with Eric LeGrand's needed roster spot?

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bucs/c...ed-roster-spot

vCash
    The Trent Richardson train? It stands no chance against the Mossis Madu hype train that's about to get started. Josh Freeman held a youth football camp yesterday, and he talked about a number of things, but one name stood out in his talk: Mossis Madu. He has apparently been 'shredding it'. The Bucs have Legarrette Blount, drafted a first-rounder in Doug Martin, added a guy with outstanding speed in rookie Michael Smith - and Josh Freeman? Well, he gets the Mossis Madu train started.

Does that mean those other guys aren't doing well? Of course not, as Freeman gave them a mention too. It's just that his wording was a little more positive on Madu. That's a little odd, considering that Madu didn't exactly look special when he got the chance last year: 55 yards in 15 attempts only look like a positive when compared to the horrendous Kregg Lumpkin. Madu brought something different last year - a certain kind of elusiveness, but he didn't look particularly good. In fact, he looked like so many off-the-street running backs who can make a man miss at times: like just a guy.

We'll see when the regular season starts. Every year, there are players who are 'shredding it' during the offseason. And when the regular season starts, they don't show up. Usually they don't even get a chance to do anything. Where are Madu's carries going to come from, with Blount, Martin and Smith on the roster? Sometimes, though, the offseason hype does turn out to be correct. The offseason's here so we can endlessly debate these things.
    If anything this will at least push the other running backs to work harder. But its nice to know we are pretty deep at this position.
    http://i49.tinypic.com/2urung3.jpg

Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast