Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    Btw, now since May 15th
    Freese - .304/.385/.468
    Wright - .279/.361/.466

Freese has out-hit Wright since this thread was created, and that is exactly what this thread is asking.
    The thread asked "who would you take for the rest of the season," and the answer is Wright, no questions asked.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymfan87 View Post
    The thread asked "who would you take for the rest of the season," and the answer is Wright, no questions asked.
    Yeah, rest of the season Freese has been better than Wright.

Overall on the season, Wright has been better, but since that question was asked, Freese has been better.

vCash
    Yeah, rest of the season Freese has been better than Wright.

Overall on the season, Wright has been better, but since that question was asked, Freese has been better.
    No, that's simply incorrect.

At time of thread: Wright 2.8 WAR, Freese 1.3 WAR

Today: Wright 7.6 WAR, Freese 4.1 WAR

Since the thread was created: Wright 4.8 WAR, Freese 2.8 WAR

Game, set, match.

vCash
    No, that's simply incorrect.

At time of thread: Wright 2.8 WAR, Freese 1.3 WAR

Today: Wright 7.6 WAR, Freese 4.1 WAR

Since the thread was created: Wright 4.8 WAR, Freese 2.8 WAR

Game, set, match.
    Total Net Runs on May 15th

Wright
    38 Runs Created
    7 Defensive Runs Saved
    0.7 Positional Adjustment
    0 Base Running
    = 45.7

Freese
    12 Runs Created
    0 Defensive Runs Saved
    0.7 Positional Adjustment
    -1 Base Running
    = 11.7

Today
    Wright
    106 Runs Created
    18 Defensive Runs Saved
    2.5 Positional Adjustment
    1 Base Running
    = 127.5

Freese
    86 Runs Created
    1 Defensive Runs Saved
    2.5 Positional Adjustment
    -4 Base Running
    = 85.5

Difference
    Wright +81.8
    Freese +73.8

Pretty damn close, and a lot closer than fWAR would contribute, and that's still saying that UZR gives Wright 2 Wins alone, which still seems awfully generous, and a lot more than Freese is given (he is looked at as a neutral defensive third basemen either way).

Wright has been the better defender, and Freese has been the better hitter since this thread was created.

vCash
    Wright has been the better defender, and Freese has been the better hitter since this thread was created.
    Ok? Wright has been a tiny bit worse offensively, and way better defensively. The thread was who you would take for the rest of the season. Wright whips Freese up and down all over the park since the thread was created and for the season.

vCash
    Ok? Wright has been a tiny bit worse offensively, and way better defensively. The thread was who you would take for the rest of the season. Wright whips Freese up and down all over the park since the thread was created and for the season.
    Far better defensively?

He has saved 10 more runs defensively than Freese since the creation of this thread

Meanwhile, Wright has created 68 runs, and Freese has created 74 runs since this thread has been created

Is it still Wright hands down?

Since this thread was created
    Freese - .376 wOBA
    Wright - .358 wOBA

That worth the 10 runs defensively that isn't as accurate as the offensive numbers?

Only reason Wright is close in Runs Created is because he has more PA than Freese since this thread was created (515 PA for Wright, 416 for Freese) and is why Wright has more WAR

Pretty hard to say he whoops him all around the park when he isn't as good of a hitter.
    Last edited by Jeffy25; 09-30-2012 at 09:01 PM.

vCash
    Far better defensively?

He has saved 10 more runs defensively than Freese since the creation of this thread

Meanwhile, Wright has created 68 runs, and Freese has created 74 runs since this thread has been created

Is it still Wright hands down?

Since this thread was created
    Freese - .376 wOBA
    Wright - .358 wOBA

That worth the 10 runs defensively that isn't as accurate as the offensive numbers?

Only reason Wright is close in Runs Created is because he has more PA than Freese since this thread was created (515 PA for Wright, 416 for Freese) and is why Wright has more WAR
    The odds of Freese putting up 2 WAR (the difference between Freese and Wright since this thread was created) in 99 PA's are tiny.

vCash
    The odds of Freese putting up 2 WAR (the difference between Freese and Wright since this thread was created) in 99 PA's are tiny.
    Considering their Runs Created is basically the same, do you really want to put your stock in a UZR based fWAR ranking over 4 months?

rWAR they have basically the same pace, and that agrees with the Net Runs Totaled.

And it fits, Freese has out hit Wright, Wright has played better D.

It is far from a comical comparison, which many in this thread claimed, and since this thread was created, Freese has def out hit Wright. So it's hard for me to agree with you when you say it's a no-brainer who has been better, when the guy you aren't picking has hit worse.

vCash
    Considering their Runs Created is basically the same, do you really want to put your stock in a UZR based fWAR ranking over 4 months?

rWAR they have basically the same pace, and that agrees with the Net Runs Totaled.

And it fits, Freese has out hit Wright, Wright has played better D.

It is far from a comical comparison, which many in this thread claimed, and since this thread was created, Freese has def out hit Wright. So it's hard for me to agree with you when you say it's a no-brainer who has been better, when the guy you aren't picking has hit worse.
    I said before this season that Wright's defense would improve, as he himself claimed he put on extra muscle to compensate for Citi Field's larger dimensions and that it slowed him down. He has truly been better than ever defensively this year. I don't blame you for not trusting one year's worth of UZR data, but it's obvious just from watching the games that he's far better defensively this year in the past. Even his fielding percentage is better.

vCash
    And I agree he is better defensively.

Not only do the numbers support it, but he seems more agile in the games I have watched (it appeared he had really lost a step for awhile there).

Freese, I have always felt was over-rated by the Cardinals fan-base. He has done better than I expected offensively this season. But of course, I'm happy with it.

I have always viewed Fresse as a .280/.350/.450 hitter, so .294/.374/.469 is gravy.

vCash
    I will admit that I click the "last" button when I go to threads that I have previously read and/or posted in and rely on the title to point me in the right direction of the discussion rather - therefore, I assumed it was simply a 2012 season A vs. B thread.

That said, Wright has still been better since the creation of the thread - albeit not by as great as a margin as many would have assumed when the thread was created. Season long, Wright spanks him. Since we want to make the comparison and the comparison just so conveniently omits a great 45 day stretch for Wright I wonder what this comparison since May 15th would look like if we omitted just Freese's best 15 day span since that time?
    There are no men like me, only me.

vCash
    david wright, just because you have one good playoff appearance doesnt mean your a good player

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345