Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

David Freese vs. David Wright?

For RIGHT NOW only. Future potential holds no value in this whatsoever, this is only for this season. Who would you rather have?

vCash
    I am a Cards fan, and Freese is def over-rated.

But so is Wright so lol.

I would probably rather have Wright for this season. Less injury history, and more likely to be successful with the bat.

Freese is better defensively now. Wright used to be.

vCash
    Wright without thinking twice.

When he signs his new contract that is almost guaranteed to be ridiculous.. I'll reconsider.

vCash
    David Wright easily.
    With the deepest of regrets I am announcing that I will be leaving Pro Sports Daily. No reason in particular but wanted to thank everyone for a great 6 years here. Lots of great discussion and good poll series as well. Also fun re-drafts. Best of luck to you all in the future.

vCash
    Wright no questions asked.

vCash
    LOL.

vCash
    It isn't a comical comparison. Even if Wright is the right choice, it isn't a comical comparison.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    It isn't a comical comparison. Even if Wright is the right choice, it isn't a comical comparison.
    Wright is pushing 3 WAR after today's game and Freese will be around 1.3 or so. For this year...yeah, it's not a good comparison at all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymfan87 View Post
    Wright is pushing 3 WAR after today's game and Freese will be around 1.3 or so. For this year...yeah, it's not a good comparison at all.
    Anyone that thinks 130 at bats is a good enough sample size for a comparison isn't a very good critical thinker

vCash
    Anyone that thinks 130 at bats is a good enough sample size for a comparison isn't a very good critical thinker
    Yeah, but the thought is THIS year at THIS point in time. All you have to go after is the 130 ABs for this season and past experience. Wright has been a monster, albeit overblown one, in years past where Freese really only came on at this past season (and post season). Right now Wright is more than double Freese's WAR and has been a more exceptional hitter than Freese in the past as well. It is pretty much not a question at this point no matter how you look at it.

vCash
    Except Wright has a track record of being one of the top 5-10 players in baseball when he has been a similar hitter to the one he is this year. If Wright can put up a .372 or so wOBA the rest of the year with neutral defense (he's at +2 so far this year), he'll be at 7 WAR. His career wOBA is .385 right now. Do you think Freese will even be within 3 WAR of that?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymfan87 View Post
    Except Wright has a track record of being one of the top 5-10 players in baseball when he has been a similar hitter to the one he is this year. If Wright can put up a .372 or so wOBA the rest of the year with neutral defense (he's at +2 so far this year), he'll be at 7 WAR. His career wOBA is .385 right now. Do you think Freese will even be within 3 WAR of that?
    Yes. I do.

Freese, if given 600 plate appearances, is on pace for a 6.0 fWAR, 5.5 rWAR

Freese over the last 12 months is hitting almost exactly at Wright's career slash line, and Freese has been slightly above average defensively.

It isn't comical to think that Freese can compare to Wright. As I said earlier, I would take Wright over Freese RIGHT NOW as the thread is asking. But it certainly isn't comical like the above poster was making it out to be. Freese, while an over-rated ball player because of the post-season isn't a bad ball player. He should be a career .290/.350/.500 peak player, and a .275/.340/.460 career hitter.

That isn't very far from Wright, who should be a .300/.370/.500 type of hitter on his own., depending which real Wright there is.

Wright may be a career .385 wOBA hitter, but he hasn't been above .370 until this season, and it's only May. By that same logic (that he has found it) then we should start including what Freese has done since Sept of last year, and ignore all his injuries and missed sample size playing time.

Freese isn't THAT far behind Wright.

vCash
    well this is PSD, so obviously freese since he has a ring...........
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Have to go with Wright..

vCash
    wth kind of question is this? can't go wrong with picking wright.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast