Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Ronnie Hillman and his Fumblitis

At what point do we need to stop giving this guy chances in crunch time… Countless fumbles have cost us this season and he seems to be the biggest culprit. He holds the ball like it is a loaf of bread and seems to always make reckless decisions running the ball. I cant count how many times I have seen Hillman dive for extra yards while only holding on to the ball with one hand.

I understand he is a complete change of pace back with his speed but he simply cannot be trusted. What is the next step. Do we activate Anderson at the Running Back position or turn to the free agent wire for depth. I have simply lost all patience with Hillman and Ball does not seem to be a factor any time soon.

Thoughts

vCash
    Hillman will be dealt or deactivated. Has to be. It's CJ's time to shine. Is Javon Ringer still available as well? Wouldn't mind taking a peek at him.
    Young Guns

vCash
    **** it! Throw some picks at the Vikings for AP! Lmao! One could only dream!!

vCash
    Isaac Redman was cut by Pitt. Could be a guy to at least bring in for a workout at least. Good teams always watch for talent at every position.
    Young Guns

vCash
    I know it's not exactly an awesome find but isn't mike turner still a FA?

vCash
    I'll be honest. I'm about ready to give up on Hillman. There is nothing more irritating than seeing a running back fumble the football repeatedly. I mean his main job is to protect the football, and to fumble it in that situation is unacceptable.

vCash
    How does this guy get the ball in 4th quarter, Can someone ask JOHN FOX??? I mean Hillman cant help it if he cant hold on to the ball, he's a fumbler! but John Fox decision to send him out there, I blame fox for the fact he finds new ways to give other teams the advantage over us. His decisions baffle me!!

sig made by DB
    "I think that's why I came out numerous times and said I want to win," Tulowitzki said. "It doesn't mean I want out of here. It means I'm sick and tired of losing."
    GET A ACE PITCHER ROCKIES

vCash
    I think Broncos should try and trade for Blount his nice combo of speed and power is needed. I mean Patriots have a crowded backfield. they were interested in Tamme.

Him or Mikel Leshoure from the lions are good backs we could trade for low picks.

its too bad we didnt get a fred jackson early in the season hed be perfect.
    Last edited by Denver-boy; 10-22-2013 at 12:01 PM.

sig made by DB
    "I think that's why I came out numerous times and said I want to win," Tulowitzki said. "It doesn't mean I want out of here. It means I'm sick and tired of losing."
    GET A ACE PITCHER ROCKIES

vCash
    **** Ronnie Hillman, he has no business being on the field. I blame John Fox for throwing him out there, we made plenty of other mistakes but that was just the dagger. Moreno just scored from that same position two drives ago, why the hell do you put Hillman out there?

vCash
    Is it John Fox decision or Adam Gase's....or PFM's?? I really want to ****in know who has the biggest say in these situations? Cause it gets so dang confusing at times.

Since it's personnel, I would have to assume that's coaching. Now we're down to Fox and Gase. Isn't it the OC's job to have the right players out there...or does fox has his hands on that too?? What does Fox DO exactly? Is he just a clubhouse manager or is he calling some defensive and offensive plays??

vCash
    And instead of going out and getting a RB..how about you try out that C.J Anderson kid...the same kid the broncos used a roster spot...only after a couple of quarters of 1 preseason game..

If you like him that much...why not try something out..

nykol is online now PSD's D.B.F. Nostradamus
    vCash
    I think the decision to put Hillman out on the play was to try over think the Colts. I mean, how many of us thought, 'oh Hillman is the back right now, no way we're running it here'. After that critical error at that time of the game, I dont expect Hillman to see the ball for at least 2-3 games. Give him the Montee Ball treatment. As of right now, Moreno needs to be our every-down back.. no change of pace, no tricky personnel, just Moreno.

That being said, there was plenty more than just that one play that accounted for the loss. We beat ourselves more than anything. If DT doesnt drop the 2 point convert, it completely changes our last 2 drives. O-line played horribly as a unit. Penalties were a big part of it. JDR and Fox really need to figure out whats wrong with the defense, we've improved as a unit all across the board talent-wise.

vCash
    Personnel changes are made by the coaches, typically offensive coordinator but John Fox has the last say in things. C.J. Anderson is a hard runner, I was glad that they kept him after the pre-season. I think he is still nursing an injury though. Hillman should receive a pink slip. We had this happen to us last year as well, on the comeback trail against New England and then Mcgahee fumbled the ball away.

vCash
    Look, the fact of the matter is Hillman isn't cutting it. He is fumbling when we are counting on him the most. It is time to see what CJ has and an increase Montee's role. I would definitely look around the league for a speedster who can hold on to the ball though. I wouldn't give up anything significant, that is for sure.

nykol is online now PSD's D.B.F. Nostradamus
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Broncosfan4life View Post
    Look, the fact of the matter is Hillman isn't cutting it. He is fumbling when we are counting on him the most. It is time to see what CJ has and an increase Montee's role. I would definitely look around the league for a speedster who can hold on to the ball though. I wouldn't give up anything significant, that is for sure.
    Montee isnt the answer right now either, hes average a fumble every 21.5 carries

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast