Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 58 of 87 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Free throw shooting is mostly mental, its an attitude, Billups brought that with him and it infected others, we have no one who does that for us on this team, and the more the players miss the more they EXPECT to miss, its only going to get worse until theres an attitude shift, which means either one of the players or Karl are going to have to step up

vCash
    Yes, mental plays a big part in shooting free throws but its not fully mental. Even then, if you practice them enough, which they should be doing, their confidence will go up. It's just completely embarrassing being the last team in the league in FT shooting. With how much Karl stresses on attacking the paint, there should be as much, if not more sress on FT shooting.

vCash
    well even one of the leagues best FT shooter ray allen isnt doing too hot from the FT line this year either....FT is 50% mental and 50% form/release....from the games i have seen we're either rushing the FT or taking way too damn long.... theres not that many knock down FT shooters in the league we can trade for to help these guys so its going to be hard for us to not be last since theres gotta be a last team in the league somehow

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DJiC View Post
    well even one of the leagues best FT shooter ray allen isnt doing too hot from the FT line this year either....FT is 50% mental and 50% form/release....from the games i have seen we're either rushing the FT or taking way too damn long.... theres not that many knock down FT shooters in the league we can trade for to help these guys so its going to be hard for us to not be last since theres gotta be a last team in the league somehow
    I wouldnt mind being last if the team percentage was somewhere above 70%. And that's where it should be at a minimum.

Only players I have confidence with at the line are Andre Miller and Gallo. Everyone else is capable of improvement.

vCash
    The fact of the matter is that free throw shooting is something any player can improve on. Not everybody is a clutch free throw shooter...that's a different animal but most should be a respectable one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Poz303 View Post
    I wouldnt mind being last if the team percentage was somewhere above 70%. And that's where it should be at a minimum.

Only players I have confidence with at the line are Andre Miller and Gallo. Everyone else is capable of improvement.
    Both of those players missed FTs in the last game. Miller went 0-2 down the stretch.

vCash
    Gallo normally shoots high 80's and Ty is normally mid 80's. Gallo is only at 77 and Ty is an abysmal 58.

vCash
    Yes, but they are both +80% free throw shooters, though Gallo is below 80% for the season. Miller's free throws came after a heavy fall which may have contributed to the misses. Everyone misses at some point.

It was disappointing to see Miller miss both. Gallo missed the technical which was a clutch free throw at the time. That one hurt but again everyone misses at some point. he is still one of the better free throw shooters.

Certainly Gallo's average is below his career which would he can certainly improve on.

vCash
    what do you guys think about sending Chandler+Mozzy/KK+picks(we dont need those in next 2 drafts if we want JHam,Miller and Evan to get some time) to CLE for Varejao?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ty_Lawson View Post
    what do you guys think about sending Chandler+Mozzy/KK+picks(we dont need those in next 2 drafts if we want JHam,Miller and Evan to get some time) to CLE for Varejao?
    Hes playing lights out and is just now entering the age for primes as far as centers go, no way this would be enough to get him, unless youre talking like 3-4 firsts as far as the picks go

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IgglesFanInCO View Post
    Hes playing lights out and is just now entering the age for primes as far as centers go, no way this would be enough to get him, unless youre talking like 3-4 firsts as far as the picks go
    I would give them every pick we have in next 2 drafts(6 picks??) if we can...i would also send McGee because his health problems in Denver???And ask for Varejao and Gibson(we need that 3pt shooter)...

vCash
    Love Anderson Varejao, he would fit this team like a glove. Imagine Faried and Varejao crashing the boards together. If it's Chandler + Mozgov + 1st rounder + 2nd rounder, get it done right now,

vCash
    6 picks 2 centers and a sf for andyv?! He's good this year but he's not worth 9 players. I would rather get gortat. Trade McGee and a first and second for gortat it's beneficial for both teams. Phoenix gets a defending center who doesn't want the ball in the post so scold gets better. And we get a guy who hits mid range plays tough every night and bangs on the inside. I would much rather give up 2-3 1st round pick along with chandler and mozzy for cousins. And try and trade McGee and picks for a better back up to gallo

vCash
    I think we need to trade for a lights out shooter. We don't need another big man. We need a player(s) that can space the floor. Gallo is a pretty good three point shooter and J Ham, but J Ham doesn't get playing time. What is the point of Lawson penetrating and kicking it out to someone like Brewer? The two biggest issues facing the Nuggs right now is poor perimeter shooting/defense. If we can address those issues we'll be a much better team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by seoulja389 View Post
    I think we need to trade for a lights out shooter. We don't need another big man. We need a player(s) that can space the floor. Gallo is a pretty good three point shooter and J Ham, but J Ham doesn't get playing time. What is the point of Lawson penetrating and kicking it out to someone like Brewer? The two biggest issues facing the Nuggs right now is poor perimeter shooting/defense. If we can address those issues we'll be a much better team.
    Well if we could land Varejao i would also ask for Gibson,and yes,he is worth 6 picks and 2-3 players,because we have young players and we don't need 20-30# pick in next 1-2 drafts...and you can always send 1-2 players for a better pick...and we would have something like:
    Ty,Miller
    Iggy,Gibson,Evan
    Gallo,JHam,Miller
    Kenneth,Randolph/Koufos
    Varejao,McGee

Page 58 of 87 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast