Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 31 of 87 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Well most of our team is locked up for at least the next few years so we are in for quite a few boring offseasons but that's probably not a bad thing, but aside from resigning Ty we won't have any significant moves that add to this team for a while.

''Sig by Johnle''

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CodeRed View Post
    Well most of our team is locked up for at least the next few years so we are in for quite a few boring offseasons but that's probably not a bad thing, but aside from resigning Ty we won't have any significant moves that add to this team for a while.
    Only caveat to that is if Denver fail next year, then there could be a lot of trades in next years' off-season.

But I think that is highly unlikely, with the current roster and expected development of the young players we will almost certainly make the playoffs again and could very possibly have home court advantage. This would show progress and be deemed a successful season.

Thinking of the future (speculation), I would actually try and trade our 2013 first round pick for another 2014 first rounder. Would give us three 1st round picks in 2014 which we could then bundle to trade up and try to move into a high lottery pick. That would give us the opportunity to draft a future all-star. But no idea what kind of talent will be available in 2014.

vCash
    btw kizla made another optimistical post about denver: http://www.denverpost.com/kiszla/ci_...oo-tight-mcgee

Rose tints my world, keeps me safe from the trouble and pain

and counterreply from denver stiffs.

http://www.denverstiffs.com/2012/7/4...r-javale-mcgee

my point is: What would you pay McGee?

I am sorry, but i Kinda like him. I would keep him, at any cost. If it goes wrong, he'll be traded. He fits perfectly in our game for his standards (so, he is a decent center, but considering the dumbness of before, it's a huge improvement), he's quick, he's athletic and maybe he could learn a damn post move, before or later, as well as shooting a free throw, and finally to defend and attack on pick and rolls.

Well, I just described a ****** center, i see. But i still like him! maybe his smart face
    any cost, really. considering that no team would seriously max him, noone is that dumb. But i'd pay 12-13 for him.

vCash
    Well, McGee has the athletic ability and potential to be a dominant center in the NBA.

As for a contract, would be smart of Denver to give him a contract that increase yr by yr rather than a flat rate.

So, lets say 4yr contract - yr 1 = 9 million, yr 2 = 10 Million, yr 3 = 12 million, yr 4 = 14 million.

So 4 yr 45 Million but if he doesnt develop how we like we can try to trade away the last yr of his contract.

vCash
    Mozgov got injured,its left ankle so i dont know how bad that can be...but i hope he will be ready when training camp starts

vCash
    I want JaVale back, Im hoping we can get him for 10 or a 11, but I think I would go to 13 for him... we went to 13 for Nene and he wasn't close to worth that... Centers just cost more and I love the way JM's game matches what we do so Im down with paying him, just don't max him out or come close. But as it stands he's about as good a fit as there is at C for us with the exception of a few untouchables like Howard.

Footballs back baby!

vCash
    man Moz has horrible ankles. I bet he was crying and acting like a snake just bit his foot 6 times.

Teams are really starting to stack up:

Bosto--> Terry
    ugly clippers are getting jamal crawford, billups, lamar odom
    Knicks--> Kidd
    suns--> dragic, beasley, possibly gordon
    thunder--> pj3, and now thabeet
    Lakers--> Nash
    Last edited by 3iverson3; 07-05-2012 at 07:28 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 3iverson3 View Post
    man Moz has horrible ankles. I bet he was crying and acting like a snake just bit his foot 6 times.

Bosto--> Terry
    Knicks--> Kidd
    Lakers--> Nash
    Well, as for the list you posted

Boston - Get Terry but likely lose Allen. Scratch.
    Clippers - Billups is a plus but Crawford replaces Young (Scratch) and Odom - jury out
    Kinicks - Kidd is a plus but lose Fields.
    Suns - Lose Nash and get Dragic (Scratch). Beasley has yet to do much so slight plus.
    Thunder - PJIII is a project so jury still out. Thabeet, uhhh no comment
    Lakers - Nash. Should be a plus but their bench is gonna suck and Will kobe not want the ball??? Might be an interesting mix. Gary Payton couldnt play with Kobe.

Plus all these teams now have to find their groove while Nuggets have close to the same team so will be more like SA when it comes to teamwork this year. Just saying.

vCash
    Really good point about GP, although Kobe has matured a lot since then.
    I blog basketball at Roundball Mining Company///Twitter: @denbutsu

Atheists Of PSD

vCash
    all valid points but if Allen stays then Terry is a plus.
    Crawford is better than Young and if Odom can play like he did earlier then Clips will be better.
    Most intruiging will be how good Spurs/Lakers will be next year.

I am really looking forward to seeing this team with training camp and finally knowing what Karl wants on offense/defense. We will really know what Chandler, Faried, and Mcgee bring to this team. Hopefully Faried expands his game so he can be better overall...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 3iverson3 View Post

Bosto--> Terry
    Knicks--> Kidd
    Lakers--> Nash
    Nash >>>>>>> Dragic so they didn't improve. Hornets are likely to match the deal for Gordon, so I think it would have to be a sign&trade to get him if that's the case. Knicks getting Kidd will be the same unless Melo can learn to play away from the ball.

vCash
    Maybe the Nuggets should sign Brand then the last thing we need is a solid 3pt shooter!!!

vCash
    My thoughts exactly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RamFan2 View Post
    Maybe the Nuggets should sign Brand then the last thing we need is a solid 3pt shooter!!!
    What we really lack is a post presence (both offensively and defensively). Brand brings that.

And if you consider Harrington to be a "solid" 3-point shooter, then you and I have different definitions of "solid".

Code:
    Player		3P	3PA	3P%*▾	TS%	eFG%
    Arron Afflalo	1.4	3.6	.398	.584	.534
    Ty Lawson	1.2	3.3	.365	.579	.535
    Jordan Hamilton	0.7	1.8	.362	.508	.509
    Al Harrington	1.6	4.7	.333	.535	.512
    D. Gallinari	1.4	4.3	.328	.563	.479
    Rudy Fernandez	1.3	3.9	.328	.549	.529
    He was only the 4th best 3 shooter on the team, and there's a significant gap between him and the top three.

And the situation doesn't get any better when you look at his shooting efficiency. Among these six players he's 4th in eFG% (which takes into account 3-point shooting), but drops to 5th in TS% (which takes into account free throws).

Brand doesn't shoot the 3, but J-Ham and WC do. So between them, Ty, AAA and Gallo, 3-point shooting is not the team's most dire need.

In the low post, however, we have nobody who really has a legit post game (especially a back-to-the-basket game), and we have no legit on the ball low post defender. We wouldn't lose much by losing Al that isn't made up for by the young developing guys taking larger roles. But we add a completely new dimension to the team's overall skill set in adding Brand.

Not that it'll happen anyhow, but just FWIW.
    I blog basketball at Roundball Mining Company///Twitter: @denbutsu

Atheists Of PSD

vCash
    If they amnesty Birdman, and leave Fournier to play out his contract in France they do have one roster spot available.

I was always a Brand fan but have not followed him that much lately. Can he still run the floor or would he be purely a situational player for us which would be in games which we are struggling to play to our fast tempo?

Page 31 of 87 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181 ... LastLast