Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 87 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I was just looking at FA list, what about taking a flyer on Jonny Flynn as a back-up point guard to Ty Lawson? I know he has been disappointing in his NBA career, but read he had a good end of season with Portland. He could be a good match with Denver style of pushing the pace.

Or a Jerryd Bayless from Toronto?
    Last edited by Poz303; 05-15-2012 at 11:04 PM.

vCash
    I don't really want us to do something big and I doubt we will. The little things like ty to a good contract, I have confidence in the management in keeping Mcgee. At first I didn't like the idea of a veteran backup pg but that may be the best way to go.

I have a feeling Rudy will be staying. FO said they might consider it and Rudy said he likes it here. Belinelli, Rudy, vet pg or Flynn. Keep it simple. Bring some toughness with a guy like Stevenson or Amundson.

vCash
    I would agree, the Nuggets were only a couple of shots away from beating LA. And those could have come from Wilson Chandler. When Denver hit outside shots they can beat any team in the NBA.

So we dont need major changes. Give Ty a new contract and re-sgn/match any offer the McGee.

This team will be a year older and become even stronger. Hamilton will hopefully progress during the summer.

We have three draft picks so we could add the needed pieces via the draft. I think will Miller likely going we need a PG to back-up lawson.

vCash
    I have no interest in Belinelli I've seen a lot of him and he's not very impressive. He's pretty much just another Rudy Fernandez.

However I would be interested in Bayless as our backup PG he's a good shooter and underrated on-ball defender.

vCash
    Agree (with The Gipper), from what I have seen from Belinelli, I would say he plays a lot like Rudy. Can be streaky but I'd rather a consistent shooter.

I havent seen Bayless too much but from what I have seen he is a decent back-up.

Any thoughts on Jonny Flynn? He has been a disappointment in the NBA but he might come at a bargain price and could be good enough to play as a back-up

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Poz303 View Post
    Agree (with The Gipper), from what I have seen from Belinelli, I would say he plays a lot like Rudy. Can be streaky but I'd rather a consistent shooter.

I havent seen Bayless too much but from what I have seen he is a decent back-up.

Any thoughts on Jonny Flynn? He has been a disappointment in the NBA but he might come at a bargain price and could be good enough to play as a back-up
    Personally I would take Bayless over Flynn. Living in Canada, I see a good amount of Raptor games every year and I'm a fan of Bayless. He has an attack-first mentality (not selfish) which is something you might not want in a starting PG but he's great off the bench and like I said in the above post he's solid defensively.

He's also greatly improved his outside jumper since coming into the league and since GK will probably always do the two PG thing, its nice that he can at least knock down an open 3 unlike Dre.

vCash
    What about Scalabrine? He'll be really cheap because he's not great but he can play 8-10 minutes and spread the floor since he's a big that can shoot lights out from 3

vCash
    ^ Getting Scal would be amazing lol

vCash
    Well, good to know you have the inside info on Bayless. And a PG that can hit the open 3 is huge for Denver. When Ty lights it up its curtains for other teams. Forces defenses to respect the outside shot which opens the lanes.

I will definitely try to look at some Bayless highlights but I did notice his stats have been improving which is always a good sign.

vCash
    There is one thing Denver has to work on this off season, setting better picks, I liken it to when a running back has no patience and out runs his blockers, Ty has to learn a little patience and wait for the pick and then run off the shoulder of the player setting the pick forcing his defender into the pick. he has the speed to turn the corner and either force the big to play him... then dish to the rolling big or have the defender go under the pick and pull up for the jump shot. Its just a simple fundamental of the game.

vCash
    We get Scalabraine... We win the championship

vCash
    wots with the luv for Scalabrine? I hope its sarcasm. Al Harrington can shoot the three and is a much better all round player.

vCash
    just read a story saying Rudy would play for real Madrid next season unless he gets a good offer from the Nuggets. He did say this was the most enjoyable season he had in the NBA and very much like the Nuggets association and team.

I bet is he stays in Spain (he has long wanted to go back). So I think Rudy is just about as good as gone.

vCash
    I kinda enjoyed reading this Mock draft as it does look at team needs but I totally disagree with the Denver pick. Another SF??? come on man! Seriously. We are stacked at that position. Do these 'analysts' know we have both Gallo and Wilson Chandler at that position?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...tential-trades

Still not a bad read.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Poz303 View Post
    I kinda enjoyed reading this Mock draft as it does look at team needs but I totally disagree with the Denver pick. Another SF??? come on man! Seriously. We are stacked at that position. Do these 'analysts' know we have both Gallo and Wilson Chandler at that position?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...tential-trades

Still not a bad read.

Never take a bleacher report seriously.. They do it on purpose
    "There are only two or three superstars in the league anyways," Karl said early in the season.

Agreed

Page 3 of 87 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast