vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ty_Lawson View Post
    What do you guys think about this lineup:
    Ty/Rudy/Stone
    AAA/JJ(Draft)/Brewer
    Gallo/Chandler/JHam
    Faried/Al/Chandler
    McGee/Koufos/Mozgov
    When you list Rudy, you are talking Rudy Fernandez? He is more a SG than a point.

You listed 14 players so there is still one roster spot, but thats a very good roster.

Would be nice to draft Nicholson (PF) and somehow get Jenkins (SG) as well.

vCash
    Jenkins is not worth #20, I like him, I think he can help the team a lot, but there will still be starting caliber and borderline lottery pick talents at #20 because of how deep it is,whereas jenkins will never be anything but a role player, if we package our 2nd round picks, or one of them and someone like KK or Brewer or Al to move into the back of the first round I would be stoked about drafting him, but definitely not at #20

vCash
    fernandez is staying in spain....at 20 its going to be a PG for us..no other position like PG is a much needed position for us since miller is likely gone...if we can package harrington/2nd rd pick for boston 21 pick we will have back to back picks and can get a sullinger if he's there or perry jones 3 or fab melo who will prob still be there at 21

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DJiC View Post
    fernandez is staying in spain....at 20 its going to be a PG for us..no other position like PG is a much needed position for us since miller is likely gone...if we can package harrington/2nd rd pick for boston 21 pick we will have back to back picks and can get a sullinger if he's there or perry jones 3 or fab melo who will prob still be there at 21
    Drafting for need is what kills team futures, Ujiri didnt do it in the slightest last year in his first real draft and I cant see him doing it this year, its not a lock to get a PG, especially with Wrotens stock plummeting and Teagues falling, unless Marshall somehow fell to us we would be reaching if we took a PG at #20

We could always add a vet PG backup if miller doesnt come back there are a lot of guys like that on the market, or get Tyshawn Taylor in the second round, or trust Julyan Stone

In fact, I would argue that both SG and PF are bigger needs for us at this point in time

vCash
    i think that we should get perry jones if he drops to 20, and if not i think we should go with royce white... he has the potential to be so good. hes a 6'8" 260 lbs power forward that can handle the ball, score, rebound, and rack up assists. he could play like lebron, but just not as good and dominant.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DJiC View Post
    why would we use #20 on a PG? Unless Marshall drops

Neither Teague or Wroten is any better than what we can easily get in FA for the same price. Maybe slightly more, but the experience is worth it

I'm sure a lottery pick will drop to #20. See who drops, and if we dont like them, pick one of the big men (Moultrie, Nicholson, White)

Buy/trade for a late first and pick up either Jenkins or Doron Lamb

vCash
    Draft Jenkins and Taylor in 2nd round.Draft PF or trade for cash first round pick

vCash
    Taylor is better than Wroten and equal to Teague

vCash
    Looks like warriors extend qualifying offer to Rush making him a restricted free agent. Now they can choose to match any offers from teams in FA.

I like Rush for his 3-point shooting ability.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/warriors-e...medium=twitter

vCash
    How about this...
    Ty/pg in fa or miller/stone
    AAA/jason terry/Brewer
    Gallo/Chandler/Jham/Brewer
    Faried/Al/Moultrie or Nicholson
    Mcgee/Mozgov/Koufas

vCash
    Dallas is really looking to go after Williams so Denver should take advantage of that like they did by getting Rudy and Brewer. Trade a couple of 2nd round trade picks and future 2nd rounders to get jason terry or jason kidd along with Koufas or Brewer. I think we could really get one of those guys if its a sign and trade (or vince carter)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DenButsu View Post
    Okay, Pierre, the pressure's on:
    over mcGee there is a crazy story, btw, that probably some of you know.

The original is in italian, so I translate it to you

So mark my words, it's not me writing, just roughly translating.

The mother played one year in Parma, women basketball. She got pregnant, from George montgomery, white college player that never played nba.

She goes back to LA, and has to take a decision. She is 24, and not such a wealthy family supporting her. Nobody should forget professional player that period was earning 30-35k dollars a year.
    She decides for an abortion, and she just needs to wait 48 hours to go to the appointment.

But she says today that in a dream she heard a voice, sayng that god's gifts aren't to be thrown away. She holds tight, ignores the "call", and decide to go to church, to a ceremony. The priest, without knowing she was theree, repeats the same speech the same day. She goes home, and cancels the abortion. The result, is Javale McGee. One of the greatest contemporary wonders from athletic point of view in Basket. Before or later he will learn also how to play, even though you see already some glittering of it. The mother, watches him playing from backcourt, and can't help it but cry everytime he plays, because she knows the truth.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 3iverson3 View Post
    How about this...
    Ty/pg in fa or miller/stone
    AAA/jason terry/Brewer
    Gallo/Chandler/Jham/Brewer
    Faried/Al/Moultrie or Nicholson
    Mcgee/Mozgov/Koufas
    this is what i like the most. I don't know moultrie or Nicholson, but I like the idea of terry

actually i see him also as the perfect backup for Ty, considering that he can play pg. He said it cleary, he wants to go somewhere he can get a multi-year deal. Give hima 2 years contract, and it's done.

Dallas want instead to keep him 1 year and then rediscuss next year, for what i heard.

Miller i think he goes away. the spanish will walk out of USA, in spain he is considered a champion, in NBA the 2-3 option in a team, and won't get for sure that much money.

Ps: as Italian i can't help it but promote Belinelli, as FA. I know he's a bricker sometimes, and he's not the best player in the world. But:
    1)he's a fa SG.
    2) He is cheap, you would sign him for not more than 3 milions.
    3) He's got an high Basketball IQ. This dude came in NBA already knowing all the main styles of play of the teams.. Pick and roll, isolation, triangle and so on. Most of the college players arrive in NBA without even seeing seriously nba. And in NBA he kept on "studying" the game
    4) he won't bother if he doesn't play.
    5)I think that gallo won't be sad about it.

and in this scenario, with also a jt-caliber pg, you would get:

backcourt: Ty/JT/AAA/belinelli/stone/filler

frontcourt: Ill will/Gallo/Brewer/Al/Faried/pick/KK/McGee/mozzy

vCash
    and if the lakers want Al, i'd trade hm for their PG, Sessions.

He's not the best in the world, but in a high tempo style of play he'd fit perfectly

And then either you move Gallo to PF, or it'd be nice to go for a solid PF in FA market, like Ilyasova. I love that kid, btw.
    Last edited by rod_morash; 06-28-2012 at 05:32 AM.

Page 25 of 87 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast