Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 23 of 87 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast
    vCash
    The hedo one doesn't make any sense to me. We can trade chandler and mozgov to move up without taking on that contract. I'm against moving up in this draft anyway.

vCash
    I went to Steve Hess twitter and i saw some guy with him on picture in DN practice uniform,some guy Devon or something :S Anyone know who could that be?Some rookie or?
    there is a picture i'm talking about..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurple View Post
    I also depends on how much of the 13/14 salary is guaranteed.. We need money to re-sign Ty and McGee
    Who cares? they are both restricted, but anyway here is what their contracts look like.
    Hedo 11 mill next year and 5 mill after = 16 mill
    Duhon 3.5 mill next year and 1.5 mill after = 5 mill
    Clark 1 mill next year

If you add all that up thats 22 mill, all in all Harrington has 21.5 mill remaining in salary. Nuggets take on 500,000 get Clark and a 1st round pick.
    Youngest GM in the league.

vCash
    Okay, Pierre, the pressure's on:

Although Pam McGee was honored Saturday night as a Women's Basketball Hall of Fame inductee, she sounded more like an evangelist during her turn at the Bijou Theatre podium. The former Southern California star said that basketball literally saved her life.

"If I hadn't been an athlete, I wouldn't have known how to fight breast cancer," she said.

McGee concluded her emotional presentation by bring her son, JaVale, to the stage and telling him how proud she was of him. Then she challenged the Denver Nuggets' center to aspire to be a hall of famer.
    I blog basketball at Roundball Mining Company///Twitter: @denbutsu

Atheists Of PSD

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 5ass View Post
    Who cares?
    The guy writing the checks, first and foremost.

But also fans who don't want to see the FO get hamstrung by the inflexibility that comes with bad contracts.

Atheists Of PSD

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DenButsu View Post
    The guy writing the checks, first and foremost.

But also fans who don't want to see the FO get hamstrung by the inflexibility that comes with bad contracts.
    the guy mentioned that u guys need money to resign lawson, i was just saying that he's restricted so it doesnt matter if ur over the cap, but anyway that season Hedo is guaranteed only 5 mill and Duhon 1.5 mill. Thats 6.5 mill for both instead of the 7.5 Harrington would be making that season.
    Youngest GM in the league.

vCash
    the guy mentioned that u guys need money to resign lawson, i was just saying that he's restricted so it doesnt matter if ur over the cap, but anyway that season Hedo is guaranteed only 5 mill and Duhon 1.5 mill. Thats 6.5 mill for both instead of the 7.5 Harrington would be making that season.
    Denver nuggets have been trying to doin it 'cheap' since melo left. Our FO doesn't want to go over the salary cap for any old reason.

https://scloud.com/skipaterner/getting-older-by-the-dayound
    Just a fellow long time PSD user, please listen to track ya'll, appreciate it

vCash
    Actually Harrington's last two years are only 50% guaranteed. So he wont necessarily be making 7.15 and 7.6 million in 2013-14, 2014-15. Which I think makes him more tradeable in 2013-14.

Other thing to note is that we can go over the cap to re-sign Lawson. I am sure the Nuggets FO are aware they will be over the cap with the Lawson and McGee signings but they will still be well below the Luxury tax threshold.

vCash
    Actually they haven't been trying to do it on the cheap since the Carmelo Anthony trade, they have been trying to be more financially responsible since the 2007-08 season when they had a 82 million dollar payroll and won only 50 games which was good enough for the last playoff spot that year which pitted them against the LA Lakers where they were swept in 4 games.

The luxury tax for that season was 67 million dollars so they spent 97 million that year to get swept in the first round of the playoffs. The residual bad taste left in the mouth of then owner Stan Kroenke for paying so much for so little resulted in the Nuggets front office jettisoning the 06-07 NBA defensive player of the year for a salary cap exemption which they then coupled with Allen Iverson's 21 million cap number to retool the Nuggets into a more competitive team with less financial obligations.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by eman View Post
    Actually they haven't been trying to do it on the cheap since the Carmelo Anthony trade, they have been trying to be more financially responsible since the 2007-08 season when they had a 82 million dollar payroll and won only 50 games which was good enough for the last playoff spot that year which pitted them against the LA Lakers where they were swept in 4 games.

The luxury tax for that season was 67 million dollars so they spent 97 million that year to get swept in the first round of the playoffs. The residual bad taste left in the mouth of then owner Stan Kroenke for paying so much for so little resulted in the Nuggets front office jettisoning the 06-07 NBA defensive player of the year for a salary cap exemption which they then coupled with Allen Iverson's 21 million cap number to retool the Nuggets into a more competitive team with less financial obligations.
    Nailed it.

This FO isn't afraid to spend, but they're not going to be stupid about it. And you can't lose sight of what's coming around the corner with Ty, JaVale, the payoff to any FAs they might sign, the cap holds of the current draft picks, etc. The payroll will keep increasing over the next couple seasons even if Bird is amnestied, Dre and Rudy walk, and Al is traded. Being smart about not overpaying or loading up the roster with bad contracts does not equate to being cheap.

Atheists Of PSD

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by eman View Post

this sounds a bit more like it lol

https://scloud.com/skipaterner/getting-older-by-the-dayound
    Just a fellow long time PSD user, please listen to track ya'll, appreciate it

vCash
    Twitter from George Karl...

George Karl ‏@CoachKarl22

Another great off-season am here at the Pepsi center. Lawson, McGee, Faried, Hamilton, Stone, & Chandler will all be here to get better!

Nice to see McGee working out with the other nuggets. Looks promising.

vCash
    As for the other guys... I'm pretty sure I saw that Moz is back with Russia and Gallo with Italy to play for their national teams (Olympic qualifiers & Olympics, I think?). Afflalo's been active on twitter ... sounds like he's working out, but I haven't seen anything about where or with who. Al probably still rehabbing from his surgery. Bird laying low. Dre and Rudy... gone baby gone, if you ask me... The only one I haven't seen any info at all about is Koufos. Maybe he's back in Europe, too?

Atheists Of PSD

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DenButsu View Post
    As for the other guys... I'm pretty sure I saw that Moz is back with Russia and Gallo with Italy to play for their national teams (Olympic qualifiers & Olympics, I think?). Afflalo's been active on twitter ... sounds like he's working out, but I haven't seen anything about where or with who. Al probably still rehabbing from his surgery. Bird laying low. Dre and Rudy... gone baby gone, if you ask me... The only one I haven't seen any info at all about is Koufos. Maybe he's back in Europe, too?
    Kosta Koufus is back in Ohio from what I know. He also had some arthroscopic surgery on his knee after the season. I dont think it was anything major (unlike Harrington who has been laid low by post surgery problems).

I think K2 plans to join the Greek national team but missed the pre-olympic games due to the knee surgery.

Gallo was working out with Melvin Hunt in Europe, Treviso - Italy where the euro camp was just held. He was a guest speaker to the prospects. heard he worked out after the camp and was sinking threes from anywhere and everywhere behind the arch. D'Antoni once said that Gallo was the purest shooter he had ever coached. High praise and might have to be taken with a grain of salt as D'Antoni played with Gallo's father. But he did say it, so, where there is smoke... there is fire

vCash

Page 23 of 87 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast