Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 15 of 87 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast
    vCash
    We definitely have the ammo to trade up and with our young team it would make some sense...but I'll hold onto my cards at the moment.

Why do mocks have us taking a SF again??

vCash
    ^^^ a lot of them say that we will take best available and seem to agree that a sf like harkless is the best available. i completely disagree. this team doesn't have immediate needs, but there are needs will have sooner than later. at the last of our problems is another 3. i would love the best pg available, the best 2 guard available. or the best true 4 available before taking another SF. if there is a player at the 3 that just blows the fo out of the water then take him. if not draft for not to distant future needs. if one of ty or miller goes down, we are currently awfully thin at the pg. same if afflalo goes down or faried does.

vCash
    We should really get Nicholson. Also, I really don't know why people want trades to happen so quickly.We have never seen this team play with Chandler in that second unit for a whole year and this team is really growing together. I would only trade if its for an all star talent, not young draft picks.

I think we will get a pg or sg. If the team thinks Stone stays in the future then we will possibly get a sg or big. I don't think we will go after Nicholson because we have lots of bigs, which sucks. Since scoring bigs are hard to come buy, we should definitely go after him. Al can help his game out too (offensively).

vCash
    Who knows, if Nicholson can get better after a year with the Nuggs then we can look to trade Al and maybe Brewer/a big for a decent shooter/pick.

vCash
    For me it's Nicholson or trade output of the first for a veteran player.
    How about Tyrus Thomas. He hasn't done much.... But he plays for the Bobcats soooo.
    And he also might be a bit to similar tO faried and McGee but I think you can never have enough energy rebounders.

Andersen brewer and our 1st. Yeah... Probably a long shot.

Another is Marvin Williams for Brewer and one of our 2nds.
    Last edited by iGerman; 06-02-2012 at 11:23 AM.

vCash
    Nicholson looks good on paper for us as an Al replacement, But without a real need need position i'd still rather take a chance on raw length of Fab Melo.

Footballs back baby!

vCash
    hell no to fab melo.. what does he do that McGee, Kosta and Mozgov cant give us?

he's a jeff foster kinda player at best

I would either use #20 in a bigger trade, or target a big man with some scoring potential.. Moultrie, Drew or Leonard..

I would also buy or trade for a late 1s/early 2nd, and add a shooter like Jenkins, D.Lamb, Orlando Johnson or even Kim English at 38

vCash
    I didn't know who Kim English is, but after looking him up I'm definetly interested.
    Over 45% from three, good D, and a not a ball hog, plus he'd be cheap.

vCash
    has a nice shooting form and %, nice size and good work ethic and attitude

could become a d3 player..

cant go wrong with that in the 2nd round

vCash
    I like Orlando Johnson as a value pick in the second round. If Denver can't get a top tier SG at 20# they may move back in the draft or trade out of the first round all together for a player or future pick.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Poz303 View Post
    If Denver can't get a top tier SG at 20# they may move back in the draft or trade out of the first round all together for a player or future pick.
    Did you read that someplace, or are you just speculating?

The only concrete statement from the FO I've seen about their draft strategy is:

“We’re going in there open-minded,” Ujiri said. “Is it to move up, move back, stay with the pick? We’ll see what it brings us. The draft is a deep draft – at least that’s what the perception is – and we’re going to take advantage of it.”
    Which obviously doesn't tip their hand at all in any direction as to moving the pick.
    I blog basketball at Roundball Mining Company///Twitter: @denbutsu

Atheists Of PSD

vCash
    I think people have us taking a SF like Harkless because of his potential. He showed some great flashes in his year at St. Johns. We've seen this team needs a go-to-guy. Seeing how Moe would have a few years to develop his game, he does have the talent to possibly be that guy. No offense, but does a PG like Teague (don't get me wrong, I'd be fine if we took him) really strike you as a guy who could be the marquee player the team needs?

nuggetsyankees is offline Loading Swag... █████150%
    vCash
    any chance of packaging a few of our young guys for Josh Smith? maybe faried, mozgov, 2012 first round pick, 2013 first round pick or something along those lines
    Nuggets Basketball

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DenButsu View Post
    Did you read that someplace, or are you just speculating?
    Just my thinking as I dont think Denver would want to draft another SF. I cant see a rookie SF getting any minutes with the current Nuggets roster (except some garbage time).

I think there will be a few changes in draft player rankings, especially after the combine on June 7 & 8, so all this is pure speculation.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by denverfan66 View Post
    I think people have us taking a SF like Harkless because of his potential. He showed some great flashes in his year at St. Johns. We've seen this team needs a go-to-guy. Seeing how Moe would have a few years to develop his game, he does have the talent to possibly be that guy. No offense, but does a PG like Teague (don't get me wrong, I'd be fine if we took him) really strike you as a guy who could be the marquee player the team needs?
    I think Ty is the future at PG for the Nuggets and Teague would be seen as a back-up, and likely available later than #20 pick. He is quick like Ty so he could possibly be a good fit if Nuggets FO want to maintain the pace with the second unit.

Page 15 of 87 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast