* Has face-up jump shot past the 3-point line

Weaknesses:
    * Scouts want to see him make corner 3-pointer consistently
    * Has to continue to get stronger
    * Can cut down on turnovers
    * Some scouts have questioned the consistency of his intensity level

This is basically Al with more upside.

vCash
    I think it's the perfect pick. All our other positions are jammed with young players. I know many of you have been wanting to draft a PG, but it really doesn't make sense. There are 2 scenerios:
    Miller stays, which means there is no room to add another PG
    Miller leaves, which means a vet is needed to anchor the 2nd unit

So yeah, Nicholson is my pick.

vCash
    I've read 6 mock drafts and three of them have us taking Toney Wroten (PG). The other three had Teague (PG), Moe Harkless (SF) and Terrence Jones (SF).

The majority say that the Nuggets will take whoever is the best of whats left and letting them develop but then that doesn't make much sense when we've just tried out three shooting guards. Although there are more try-outs to come.

I guess no one is really sure with what the Nuggets will do, I personally don't see the sense in drafting a SF regardless of their upside when we already have plenty for the future at that position but we'll see I suppose.

vCash
    ^Most of the mocks I saw had the Nuggs taking a SF, which really makes a lot of sense with Gallo, WC and Brewer already on board.
    I blog basketball at Roundball Mining Company///Twitter: @denbutsu

Atheists Of PSD

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DenButsu View Post
    ^Most of the mocks I saw had the Nuggs taking a SF, which really makes a lot of sense with Gallo, WC and Brewer already on board.
    Totally, also JHam.

vCash
    Most mock drafts don't really take needs into account after the top 10. Most of it is purely based on how they have each player ranked talent wise.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iGerman View Post
    Most mock drafts don't really take needs into account after the top 10. Most of it is purely based on how they have each player ranked talent wise.
    I'd say that another way of saying the same thing is that most mock drafts don't really mean anything at all after the point where they stop taking team needs into consideration.

What I would say is this: If they don't move up, the best case scenario is probably that they find that diamond in the rough like they did with Ty and Kenneth. The Nuggets were such a terrible drafting team for so long, bu they COMPLETELY turned that around with those two picks.
    I blog basketball at Roundball Mining Company///Twitter: @denbutsu

Atheists Of PSD

vCash
    I like this andrew kid maybe make a trade in which we give up harrington and out 20th for the 25-30th pick and pick him up while losing dead weight?
    "There are only two or three superstars in the league anyways," Karl said early in the season.

Agreed

vCash
    I read that the cleltics are really interested in him. They have the 2 picks following us, so if we want to get him we have to use our 20.

But I don't see the FO going for him anyway. If they don't I really hope they trade out. I dont really like any other players at 20 besides maybe Jenkins.

vCash
    mozgov for Anthony morrow?

vCash
    would you guys trade Chandler for Ariza and #10?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ty_Lawson View Post
    probably not
    "There are only two or three superstars in the league anyways," Karl said early in the season.

Agreed

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ty_Lawson View Post
    I doubt they would want to trade Ariza and #10 for Chandler. Not enough incentive for them. Throw in pick #20 and next years 1st round pick and they might look at the deal.

But I'd rather keep Chandler at that point.

vCash
    what do people think of this...

Packaging 2012 picks (20, 38, 50) + 2013 1st round pick (heard its already seen as a weak draft class) and sending the offer to every 2012 lottery team to see how far we can move up in the draft?

We dont have any immediate needs plus we have TWO 1st round picks in 2014. We already have a very young core so we dont need many picks in the next couple of years. By 2014 we will know who the stars of the future are on the roster and we'd have the 2014 picks to add to positions where players didnt progress.

Any other moves would be done via FA.

Thoughts???

vCash
    What would you think of trading Chandler. I like his play, but I also like Brewer's. If we could move up into the lottery to draft a guy that might be a marquee player a few years down the road in exchange for Wilson, I definitely think about it.

Page 14 of 87 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast