Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 87 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I don't really see why we would move up though. We are such a young team that we will basically be trading young players that have played with us and are pretty comfortable for young unproven players. I really don't see us getting anywhere near a 10 pick or lower (and we don't need it if we have the 20th pick, a pick that is more of a complimentary pick to this team).

The only change that I can see occuring are through free agency or trades.

vCash
    I like the idea of trading up to get Beal, but it'd be difficult. We'd have to give up a package that would put the Cavs in contention for a low playoff spot that they might be in with Beal.

vCash
    I agree with 3iverson3. We're so stacked at every position, it'd be wise to just pick the best player on the board. If he can beat out the players at his postion on the team in a couple of years, great. If not you can just trade him...

vCash

vCash
    that article nailed it. We should be looking to get a pg or pf that we could develop once Al and Andre leave. We are loaded at every position. It makes no sense to trade our young guys for younger players that might not get much time at all. We should build this team like okc. Keep the same players and let them grow together while exploring options to make your team better via trades or fa.

If Stone and Jham can get better then it cuts our needs. If these guys can get better then we don't really need future first round picks. We could use those in a trade. Whatever the case, the future looks good in Denver.

vCash
    Lamb or Ross

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by denverfan66 View Post
    Good article but they will have some room on the roster if they amnesty Birdman and dont bring Rudy back. So that would leave room for a SG and a PF/C.

Also, if looking to the future the two players that are likely to NOT be around for long are Miller and Harrington. So that's a PG and a PF.

I dont like drafting bigs unless they are in the top few selections. Raw bigs take a long time to develop and looking at this year's draft class I dont see a big with huge upside in the later 1st round or 2nd round.

So the position of immediate need (for depth) is SG. We could draft a PG with nice upside (perhaps Teague) and let him develop. Or draft a SG with nice upside (Ross, Lamb).

I would address the PF in FA or trade (but dont really want to trade anyone on the current roster... perhaps trade for future draft picks).

Since we only have two openings, what would you guys think of trading a Mozgov or KK + future draft picks for someone like Jason Thompson (Kings PF/C)? Then draft Teague and Jenkins? I really like Ross but he is very similar to JHam.

vCash
    ugh, just found this tweet from Big Al. Not good.

Al Harrington ‏(@cheddahcheese7): Things I can’t do because of a ***’d up Surgery. 1. Golf 2. Box 3. Lift Weights 4. Enjoy my daughter Bday Party 5. Party in Vegas this wknd!

vCash
    if we dont get miller back,we could sign fisher...he would play for minimum contract,and we could play stone more minutes...
    and what do you guys think about hollis thompson(something like that)...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ty_Lawson View Post
    if we dont get miller back,we could sign fisher...he would play for minimum contract,and we could play stone more minutes...
    and what do you guys think about hollis thompson(something like that)...
    Hollis Thompson is a SF. Probably the one position on the Nuggets that is very very deep. He did play PF early in his college career but now plays the wing (SF) position.

So, even though he shows some talent, would not be a good pick for the Nuggets.

vCash
    what if the nuggets could get lamar odom? maybe he could return to his old form, and be a productive shooting pf.

vCash
    I dont think we need a shooting PF if we keep Harringtton and let Gallo play the position at times. I would not take a chance on Odom.

I would rather go for Ersan Ilyasova, he is very active on the boards (something we need on the second unit) and can hit the outside jumper. He is a UFA so we would just have convince him to come to Denver, no traded needed.

vCash
    I've come to like Wroten when it comes to the team possibly drafting a PG to learn under Ty and Andre (if he stays). He already has great passing skills and if he can improve his jumper I think he could great. I've heard a few people say he would be a top 5 pick if he could improve his shot and change his attitude (GK can help do that).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by denverfan66 View Post
    I've come to like Wroten when it comes to the team possibly drafting a PG to learn under Ty and Andre (if he stays). He already has great passing skills and if he can improve his jumper I think he could great. I've heard a few people say he would be a top 5 pick if he could improve his shot and change his attitude (GK can help do that).
    Wroten certainly has a lot of upside but like you said needs to improve his jump shot and I have read he has a weak right hand (being a lefty). He can play both PG/SG and at 6'5" is a big PG.

Definitely one to watch in workouts and hopefully Denver will bring both him and Teague in for some pre-draft workouts

vCash
    one player whose stock has risen is Orlando Johnson (SG). He has had a couple of good pre-draft workouts. Probably will go later than 20# so would it be worth for Denver, if they like him, to trade back in the draft?

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/...-Johnson-6338/

Page 12 of 87 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast