Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 21 of 87 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast
    vCash
    yea but its a.gamble because we don't know if that 7th pick wi turn out to ge good. I hope your joking about chu chu....

I think its too early to.talk trades with this team. we have to wait and see how this team does and wait for the right trade to come. I dont want to.trade our depth for picks, but all stars. I want to see how this team does when healthy and with wc coming off the bench. Our team really grew after the laker series.

vCash
    I would not take that trade at all, WC has proven he is a valuable starting forward or great bench player. I would rather have him than an unproven player. If we trade another player away that we just signed to a new contract, say goodbye to any free agents willing and wanting to sign here. That would include players that we would want to retain. This shows that the team is not loyal and that anybody is dispensable.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 3iverson3 View Post
    yea but its a.gamble because we don't know if that 7th pick wi turn out to ge good. I hope your joking about chu chu....

I think its too early to.talk trades with this team. we have to wait and see how this team does and wait for the right trade to come. I dont want to.trade our depth for picks, but all stars. I want to see how this team does when healthy and with wc coming off the bench. Our team really grew after the laker series.
    Its actually not as much of a gamble as it might seem.

After Anthony Davis at #1, picks 2-8 are totally up in the air. If you look at numerous different mock drafts you will see players lie Bradley Beal as high as #2 or as low as #7. Pick #7 could be any one of Jeremy Lamb, Damian Lillard, Perry Jones, Terrence Ross, Harrison Barnes, Bradley Beal, Dion Waiters, Jared Sullinge, John Henson and possibly a few others. I've seen some pretty credible mocks that have these guys at or near #7.

#7 will be a good pick. If I was Ujiri I'd trade up to that pick if its available and the price is right.

EDIT: Here are some of those Mocks I was talking about.

NBA Draft Net: http://nbadraft.net/2012mock_draft

ESPN: http://espn.go.com/nba/draft

Hoopsworld: http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-draft

Draft Express: http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-mock-draft/2012/
    Last edited by THE GIPPER; 06-07-2012 at 03:05 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by THE GIPPER View Post
    Its actually not as much of a gamble as it might seem.

After Anthony Davis at #1, picks 2-8 are totally up in the air. If you look at numerous different mock drafts you will see players lie Bradley Beal as high as #2 or as low as #7. Pick #7 could be any one of Jeremy Lamb, Damian Lillard, Perry Jones, Terrence Ross, Harrison Barnes, Bradley Beal, Dion Waiters, Jared Sullinge, John Henson and possibly a few others.
    Hoopsworld: http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-draft
    Hoopsworld has Nuggets getting Perry Jones at 20 and Jenkins at 38.

WOW. Now that would be ANOTHER successful draft. Not the biggest Perry Jones fan but in terms of upside, cant argue that he has all the physical gifts to be a beast. Mental and motor are the question marks on him.

And Jenkins might be the purest shooter in the draft.

I would be very happy if this were to come to fruition.

vCash
    thttp://http://espn.go.com/blog/trueh...ck-for-forwardo

what about sending wilson chandler and the 20th???we could even throw in koufos or mozgov if they wanted

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jt1bui View Post
    I would not take that trade at all, WC has proven he is a valuable starting forward or great bench player. I would rather have him than an unproven player. If we trade another player away that we just signed to a new contract, say goodbye to any free agents willing and wanting to sign here. That would include players that we would want to retain. This shows that the team is not loyal and that anybody is dispensable.
    yer i know what your saying, my only interest in us getting an early draft pick is because the 2012 draft happens to be one of the most talented draft classes in history. It is probably sensible to tay put with our team, and our team is good. But when you have an opportunity to pick up a potential star/franchise player, it's hard to let that slide.

https://scloud.com/skipaterner/getting-older-by-the-dayound
    Just a fellow long time PSD user, please listen to track ya'll, appreciate it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 010957 View Post
    yer i know what your saying, my only interest in us getting an early draft pick is because the 2012 draft happens to be one of the most talented draft classes in history. It is probably sensible to tay put with our team, and our team is good. But when you have an opportunity to pick up a potential star/franchise player, it's hard to let that slide.
    Potential is the key word, let's say we do trade WC to move up, guy we draft ends up being a bust. We shoot ourselves in the foot for trading away a key player and scaring away free agents. I think we should stay put, what this team really needs is a veteran PF/C that can setup in the post. Having a post player will really help spread out our offense and can open up more shots.

vCash
    We've got to make some tough decisions if this team wants to make a deep playoff run. I like the idea of trading up. Sure, the guy we draft may end up being a bust, but he also has a very good chance of becoming a star, and we have one of the best coaches that converts potential into actual playing. If we want to make a run at a championship with a marquee player, this is the easiest way to do it. If we want to go at it '04 Pistons style, 1-2 minor moves isn't gonna get us that much closer, just saying.
    Last edited by denverfan66; 06-08-2012 at 10:53 AM.

vCash
    I like perry jones he can possibly play sf-c at 6"11

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 010957 View Post
    I don't really watch college so I don't know most of the players. Even if this draft has talent throughout, there aren't many franchise players (idk I might be wrong) so if that is the case then trading a quality role player or two (plus the pick) for another player who most likely won't start for us in the future raises a question mark. Our starting positions are basically set for the next couple of years and NO rookie will take their spots for a couple of years. So if a trade was to be made I would do it for a player that already has shown upside/talent in the nba. I don't like risking trading for a "maybe franchise player" with this team (maybe a couple of years ago).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by denverfan66 View Post
    If we want to make a run at a championship with a marquee player, this is the easiest way to do it. If we want to go at it '04 Pistons style, 1-2 minor moves isn't gonna get us that much closer, just saying.
    If a team thinks the player they draft is extremely valuable, to the point where they are franchise players to their team, then they will ask for more than just WC and picks. Also, the 1-2 minor moves can actually make the difference. If we get a consistent scorer off the bench then it makes us really lethal. We need a james harden type player badly and I really hope Gallo/WC can turn out to be a great combo.

vCash

vCash
    thats interesting but id much rather try and keep lawson to pair him up with james but of course the heat wouldnt do gallo/afflalo/2-3 1st rd picks/mozgov hahaha it would be hard for us to get lebron especially since the heat will ask a lot and we would still need to maintain a squad thats competitive enough with james...though i do like lebron on this team but not at the expense of having to give up lawson

vCash
    Maybe people dont understand trading. Why would Miami give up the best player in the NBA for three very good players? I have seen many suggested trades that are based on the premise that the more players you throw into a trade the better the trade value will be. And AAA??? When they have Wade? Well thought out trade... NOT.

You could give me 10 players, I still wouldnt trade LBJ. I'd rather keep the best player on the planet and see how I can put players around him. So to think if Miami dont take that bait it means Denver's players are over valued is very short sighted.

I still think Denver can win a championship without a current "superstar" but to do that you need players in each position that can score, defend and play unselfish. Also need close to the best bench in the league. I think we are very close.

vCash
    Anyone watch the combine? Players who improved their stock Lillard (Now Ithink clear #1 PG in draft) and Meyers Leonard. Think Leonard may be better than Zeller.

Player who did not impress - Wrotten, his shooting is worse than I thought. And Sullinger has below average athleticism (for NBA prospect), still a good player but may drop in draft after what he showed at combine.
    Last edited by Poz303; 06-08-2012 at 08:02 PM.

Page 21 of 87 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast