Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 87 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    vCash
    So with the NBA draft on June 28th and the FA period starting July 10th, it would not be wise for a team to assume they can sign a FA in a position of need.

The Nuggets have three draft picks (unless they make trades).

I think we all agree PG, SG and PF are the areas where Denver could use some depth.

PG - Lawson, Stone (assuming Miller is gone in FA)
    SG - AAA, Hamilton (assume Rudy plays in Spain)
    SF - Gallo, Chandler, Brewer
    PF - Faried, Harrington
    C - Mozgov, Koufos & McGee (assuming we match any offer), Amnesty Birdman

I think our starting five are pretty much set: Lawson, AAA, Gallo, Faried & McGee so we would be looking for role players in FA and young talent in the Draft.

Let's say we draft a PG, a SG and a PF in the draft. How would Denver then approach FA?

vCash
    No. 20 overall pick and two second-rounders. Don't watch college but we could get some shooters and a good defender. Probably the best/cheapest way to go to assess the teams needs.

vCash
    Wouldn't hurt to try and address these areas in the draft and then have the luxury to select a FA based on want rather than need.

vCash
    What do you guys think about this guy.
    http://nbadraft.net/players/tomas-satoransky
    He is 6-6...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 3iverson3 View Post
    I say we draft a sg or pf who can shoot/defend (develop him so he can be a complimentary piece to Faried later on).

Why would you want Diaw? That guy is a fat bum I would much rather have Al. Frye would be awesome.
    Lol.. he's helping the Spurs destroy everyone they meet at the moment.

He can play in the post, hit some shots, play solid D, is a GREAT passer for a big man and got experience to compliment our youth. Would not mind him teaching our young bigs some tricks

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ty_Lawson View Post
    What do you guys think about this guy.
    http://nbadraft.net/players/tomas-satoransky
    He is 6-6...
    Not bad, I think likely suited to the SG position for NBA.

But I like this guy, check out the videos...

http://nbadraft.net/players/marquis-teague

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurple View Post
    Lol.. he's helping the Spurs destroy everyone they meet at the moment.

He can play in the post, hit some shots, play solid D, is a GREAT passer for a big man and got experience to compliment our youth. Would not mind him teaching our young bigs some tricks
    I would have to say that Diaw is looking good with the Spurs. I thought he was a good player with the suns but then faded. looks as though the spurs have energized him.

vCash
    I dont get why we need to draft a PG.. Everyone hates the two PG lineup and wants it to stop, that leaves 13mpg behind Lawson.

Stone got great court vision and got massive defensive potential.. Playing him a long side a shooter like John Jenkins or Jodie Meeks for 13mpg would be perfect.. doesnt matter if they are undersized cause stone is big enoung to guard the 2's.

And either WC or AL has to go.. everyone must know this. Gallo/WC is our shooting PF and the need for a post scorer is MUCH bigger

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Poz303 View Post
    I would have to say that Diaw is looking good with the Spurs. I thought he was a good player with the suns but then faded. looks as though the spurs have energized him.
    everyone would suck on the ****ing bobcats lol

vCash
    I love our core, but we need to fix/tweak 3 things..

1) The defense. I dont know how they will do it, cuz it starts at GK's ******** defensive philosphy (double EVERYTHING in the post, even if it's perkins who's making a move).. Pro Ball player will make wiiide open 3's at a good %. But GK doesnt understand this.

But replacing AL with WC (great defender) and a PF who can score some in the paint (Diaw? Landry? Moultrie?) and Dre with Stone (great defender) and SG who can shoot, makes us at least better defensively on paper

2) Shooting. Just take Brewer and AL out of the rotation.. They are way to inconsistent shooters and shoot way to many 3's when they are cold. Replace them with WC and a shooter (Jenkins or Meeks)

3) Post scoring.. All we need is someone who can play 20-25mpg and make some easy buckets in the post.. There are plenty of options. It doesnt have to be a Jefferson, Hibbert, Kaman.. But a vet like Diaw or a young guy like Hickson would be nice

Or Sullinger ofc

vCash
    I also want ut to look at players getting amnestied, they always come cheap and could provide great experience.. Guys like Perkins (if OKC need to amnesti him to keep Harden AND Ibaka) or a Rashard Lewis could be a nice role player

D3 players if we chose to trade WC (maybe to toronto) like Danny Green (LOVE him), Brandon Rush (LOVE him even more) and Courtney Lee are players I would take a real hard look at if i was the FO..
    Last edited by Kurple; 05-16-2012 at 04:58 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurple View Post
    I dont get why we need to draft a PG.. Everyone hates the two PG lineup and wants it to stop, that leaves 13mpg behind Lawson.

Stone got great court vision and got massive defensive potential.. Playing him a long side a shooter like John Jenkins or Jodie Meeks for 13mpg would be perfect.. doesnt matter if they are undersized cause stone is big enoung to guard the 2's.

And either WC or AL has to go.. everyone must know this. Gallo/WC is our shooting PF and the need for a post scorer is MUCH bigger
    I think there needs to be three PGs on the team. That would mean Lawson, Stone and a third. I dont think you can go into an NBA season with only two point guards.

I think Marquis Teague has similar style to Lawson so would not be used in the two PG lineup that GK likes to use.

Would love to have a pure shooter like a Morrow in the SG position. I have high hopes Hamilton develops. Green, Rush or Lee would be great adds and really help spread the court.

I think WC is SF with maybe some SG opportunities but I dont see him as a PF. I think Gallo at 6'10" could be used at PF for stints and people have to respect his outside shot.

I dont see us doing any trades. I hope they amnesty Birdman.

I noticed we lost energy and rebounds as soon as Faried came out of the game so a PF that brings energy could be useful for the second unit. I think Jordan Hill (Laker FA) would bring energy off the bench. Or a Mahinmi (Dallas FA).

Drafting a John Jenkins would be great as he is a pure shooter.

vCash
    I like the Dallas FA mahinmi
    "There are only two or three superstars in the league anyways," Karl said early in the season.

Agreed

vCash
    Courtney Lee would be a solid pickup, great defender and can shoot the 3. Would be a perfect backup for AAA. Jordan Hill is going to be in some legal trouble so I think we should avoid him until that's all cleared up. The biggest hole that the Nuggets have right now is post presence, on both the offensive and defensive side. So either we re-sign Mcgee and work on his post presence or we go after a PF that can ball down low.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Poz303 View Post
    I think WC is SF with maybe some SG opportunities but I dont see him as a PF. I think Gallo at 6'10" could be used at PF for stints and people have to respect his outside shot.
    I agree that WC's best position is SF.. But a guy of his skill and salary has to play more than 15mpg backup up Gallo

He could play some SG, but I dont want him playing much more than 5mpg at SG cause he's just not a very good shooting guard..

WC used to play some PF in NY (his stats are better at PF than SG), and he and Gallo could easily hold the forward spots.. Doesnt really matter who the "PF" is.

Let's say WC play 5mpg at SG, and back up Gallo at SF. Then WC needs 23-25mpg at SF, and that means there is only 23-25mpg left for Gallo at SF.

That means that Gallo has to play 10-8mpg at "PF" (no problem IMO). Faried will play closer to 30mpg this season. And that only leaves 10-12mpg open at the Forward spots.

I would prefer for that 10-12mpg player to be able to play in the post, and maybe even play a long Faried at the C spot for some minutes a game.

This also means that there is no room for AL in the rotation

Page 4 of 87 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast