Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 87 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I agree. We really need a shooting big for the furture. We have young talent at every position besides a shooting PF.

vCash
    I agree, not a fan of Diaw, plus I think he would rather stay with the spurs as he is very good friends with Parker (France team mates)

If we lose Miller (which seems likely) who would you replace him with? I guess there are a few FA point guards but they are going to be in high demand and probably ask for some pricey salaries.

So, it would appear SG, PG and PF are the three areas we should look to add depth to. I agree that we need a pure shooter in the SG position. Whether its in FA or draft depends on what we can get at a good price in FA. I still think we have pretty good depth at SG/SF with AAA, Chandler, Hamilton, Brewer and Gallo.

Would any of the FA be a big upgrade on Rudy at SG? I would say possibly but the cost may be prohibitive.

vCash
    1. Resign Mcgee
    2. Let Miller and Rudy walk, as well as amnesty bird.
    3. Sign either Kirk Hinrich or Chauncey Billups to replace Miller and with both being good shooters the 2 PG lineup wont be as bad.
    4. Sign a good shooting 2 guard like Jody Meeks for depth
    5. Draft a PG to eventually become Ty's backup

''Sig by Johnle''

vCash
    I do like the idea of Billups coming back, but I think the salary cap is going to be an issue. Once we give Ty a new contract and match whatever is offered to McGee, we likely wont have much room left. AAA, Gallo, Chandler already have long term contracts.

AAA approx 7.5 million,
    Gallo approx 9.5 Million,
    Chandler approx 6 Million,
    Harrington approx 6.8 Million

Ty will be in those numbers, McGee will get pretty much the same.

We get rid of 7.8 Million (current salary) for Miller
    Birdman approx 4.5 Million
    Rudy approx 3.2 Million (Qualifyng offer)

So I dont think we will have big money to throw at FAs.
    Last edited by Poz303; 05-15-2012 at 08:59 PM. Reason: Edited Wilson Chandlers Salary from 7 Mil to 6 Mil (more accurate)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurple View Post
    I would do a trade with Toronto for the #8 pick if Sullinger is still there, maybe J.Lamb as well.

But I got two players I really like at #20 if we keep our pick without moving up.

1) Arnett Moultrie. The boy got NBA size and skill, pluss good potential for further improvement. Could be an instant rotation player (around 10mpg his first year). Worst case is Jason Thompson in the right setting

2) John Jenkins. GREAT shooter, really great. Why wouldnt we want him? Could be a great partner to Stone for 13mpg
    I like the idea of trading up but who would we trade to get the pick?

And I dont really like the Idea of Sullinger. Faried is our PF of the future.

I really like the idea of Lamb however. I think he's being overlooked more than anyone else in this draft. His potential is through the roof; he's smooth, athletic, long and has a sick jumper. He reminds me a lot of Reggie Miller.

vCash
    we have the most cap space of any playoff team, and ty wont get much more than what miller was getting paid

we can make a run at any FA we want, but the big names probably wont want to come her, we also have the ability to get more space by packaging al with some picks in a trade

if we really want to go after a big name we gotta use one or two of AAA/Gallo/Chandler as the focal point to a trade

vCash
    Yes, Lamb has a very high ceiling but I dont think its realistic we can trade up to get him. Who would you package to move up in the draft?

He would be a work in progress and not an immediate NBA starter.

vCash
    Here is a link to the available Free Agents for 2012 & 2013 from ESPN

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/page/...ents-2012-2013

vCash
    Am I the only person who doesn't want Billups back? I love him but I don't want another pg who can play 2 so that Karl can go small. Only reason I want Miller is because he has great connection witht that second unit and Mcgee.

I want Dragic or west. Then get a sg somewhere or get a sg/pf in the draft.

vCash
    what about bringing kenyon martin back to backup faried?

a gritty, tough, cheap vet who rebounds the ball and instills defense

vCash
    To 3iverson3, I hear your concern and I admire Billups but not sure he would have the same connection with McGee either.

I think Dragic would be a great addition but after the way he played, he may want a starting job somewhere or at least be competing for a starting job. Ty is the starting PG on this team now. Not as keen on West but would likely be more will to play the back up role.

Back-up PG is going to be an area to address either through FA or more likely the draft.

To IgglesFanInCO, I wouldnt want K-Mart back. He has similar game to Faried but even less offense. Plus not sure he'd be cheap. We paid him 16 million. Though he did want a similar contract to big Al. Just dont see it happening after some of the comments he made after being released.

I would rather have a Jordan Hill who is also a RFA. But likely Lakers take up the option. I think Mahinmi might be a good pickup from Dallas. Or draft a big in the 2nd round.
    Last edited by Poz303; 05-15-2012 at 10:22 PM.

vCash
    Bringing Players back rarely works. I know billions understands the business but that trade to ny had to hurt. And there is no way Kenyon's comming back. During the finals last year he was already tweeting about possible destinations for him in the up comming year. I don't think they had the best relationship.

I really don't think well see a lot of movement on this team this offseason. Like someone else mentioned if we keep trading players that we recently signed to long term contracts, nobody is gonna want to sign with us later on.

Draft available ( I do not watch any college basketball so idk) shooting big and depending on how they feel abOut stOne another pg. id prefer a cheap veteran like A keyon dooling or jamal tinesly...if we resign Andre I'll be so pissed!
    And then maybe add a cheap veteran shooter.

vCash
    Maybe Gallo can talk to Belinelli and get him to come to Denver, maybe even for a cheap price, "Cosa nostra". Not his biggest fan but he can hit the outside shot and would be a good addition at SG.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 3iverson3 View Post
    Am I the only person who doesn't want Billups back? I love him but I don't want another pg who can play 2 so that Karl can go small. Only reason I want Miller is because he has great connection witht that second unit and Mcgee.

I want Dragic or west. Then get a sg somewhere or get a sg/pf in the draft.
    If you want Dragic..Karl is STILL going to go small. And that's going to be super small. And anyway dragic is going to get paid.

West is a punk. Not my first option.

Quote Originally Posted by IgglesFanInCO View Post
    what about bringing kenyon martin back to backup faried?

a gritty, tough, cheap vet who rebounds the ball and instills defense
    No. Yes, his versatile defense and toughness is valuable but he'll get into that "shoot mode" and ruin offensive rhythms and give Karl yet another reason to go small.

Tack along that I believe he burned some bridges with Karl...and it's doubtful.

vCash
    The Hornets have got some good FA's...however, I think they may do the best they can to keep all/most of them.

If we can't get McGee...try Kaman. Always been an efficient big.

Or Landry. Him + Faried...nice combo.

If anything Belinelli is the best target for us.

However, I don't get the feeling we'll do anything big in FA.

Page 2 of 87 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast