Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 87 1231151 ... LastLast
    vCash

Denver Nuggets off topic/Trade ideas thread

Official 2012 offseason thread.

It would be nice to start the offseason with an extension for Ty.

http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci...estid=13174437

vCash
    How much would he get? Around 9-10 mill?

vCash
    extend ty around 7 mil a year.
    extend mcgee around 6 a year.

try and do something with harrington, brewer and bird.

sign a backup pg/combo guard
    sign someone who can create their own shot even if it means trading aaa

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JEDean89 View Post
    extend ty around 7 mil a year.
    extend mcgee around 6 a year.

try and do something with harrington, brewer and bird.

sign a backup pg/combo guard
    sign someone who can create their own shot even if it means trading aaa
    Ty will get around 8 or 9mil a year.And McGee will ask for 10 or 11 because kwame brown got 7 lol and DeAndre Jordan got 10 if i remember...so he will ask for 10 or 11 mil

vCash
    Anyone else getting a little worried about gallos contract?

I know he was injured, but i honestly never had a moment where i was like "wow hes definitely earning that contract" i have faith in him but he needs to perform a lot better

to be completely honest i think chandler is a better fit for the team and is the better "bang for your buck"

im not advocating dumping him or anything but if the nuggs looks to swing a big trade this offseason he might be the best trade bait we got

vCash
    Stop with trading AAA. He will stay here and I want him here. All we need is a great sg backup for him to spread the floor. Gallo will be fine. We have never seen Gallo and Chandler play together this year with both healthy. Gallo's sub will be Chandler and that is awesome.

Something tells me that Rudy and Miller might come back. I am fine with Miller but a better replacement for Rudy would be great. I wouldn't mind if one of those guys comes back. I know Miller wants to start but where can he go? There aren't many teams that offer a starting pg spot. He won't mind being a backup in a championship team and now that he did that one year teams will come looking for him. Miller with lobs to Wade and Lebron from halfcourt!!!

vCash
    I think Ty will get the 10-11 mill and Mcgee 8-9. Hope Masai works some more magic.

It will be great to see Gallo work on that jump shot and gain some confidence. Ugrades for next year:
    -Gallo's shooting % going up
    -Mcgee working on the post moves this summer
    -Faried working on the mid range jump shot

vCash
    Where will we most likely end up in the draft?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 3iverson3 View Post
    Where will we most likely end up in the draft?
    I'd assume around the same as last year. So early 20s I guess. It would be nice to slip into the 15-20 range.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BirdIsTheWord View Post
    I'd assume around the same as last year. So early 20s I guess. It would be nice to slip into the 15-20 range.
    ESPN had a mock draft with us picking 20th, and taking... get this a SF Quincy Miller out of Baylor.... says we don't have any glaring holes so we take the best available... well I can kind of agree with that cept we definitely don't need a SF.

I would take Fab Melo though at 20.

Footballs back baby!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Katspinal1313 View Post
    ESPN had a mock draft with us picking 20th, and taking... get this a SF Quincy Miller out of Baylor.... says we don't have any glaring holes so we take the best available... well I can kind of agree with that cept we definitely don't need a SF.

I would take Fab Melo though at 20.
    Haha, that would give us 5 SF's (depending on Brewer).

I have no idea about any of the draft prospects besides the guys destined for the Top 5, much like last year, but I'll learn when it gets closer to the draft. IMO, we should draft a point guard but again, I'm not sure how high the stock is for PGs in this draft.

vCash
    I would do a trade with Toronto for the #8 pick if Sullinger is still there, maybe J.Lamb as well.

But I got two players I really like at #20 if we keep our pick without moving up.

1) Arnett Moultrie. The boy got NBA size and skill, pluss good potential for further improvement. Could be an instant rotation player (around 10mpg his first year). Worst case is Jason Thompson in the right setting

2) John Jenkins. GREAT shooter, really great. Why wouldnt we want him? Could be a great partner to Stone for 13mpg

vCash
    Lawson (35) - Stone (13)
    Afflalo (35) - Jenkins (8) - WC (5)
    Gallo (25) - WC (23)
    Faried (28) - Diaw (15) - Gallo (5)
    McGee (28) - Mozzy/Kosta (15) - Diaw (5)

Maybe a guy like Fisher, CB or Anthony Parker just for some veteran leadership

vCash
    Glad I found this forum, having been wanting to chat about Denver Nuggets and the off-season/draft

Need to sign Ty as his currently salary is so low it would not bode well to try and keep him at this salary for another year. I think that could upset Ty, so pay him now.

Need to match offer on McGee. I think his style and athleticism suits is ideal for the way Denver plays.

I think we let Rudy go. I like his play making ability and he can hit the the three but has been too inconsistent and we have Jordan Hamilton who can stroke the three and hopefully develop (and his contract is for a couple of million less).

Amnesty Birdman. I Like him and he brings energy but with McGee, Mozgov and Kosta we have three 7ft bigs.

Miller will likely go and his salary is something we likely cant afford now. He has been great but some tough decisions have to be made.

So, the roster so far would be...

PG - Ty Lawson, + draft a point guard (I like Marquis Teague - thoughts?)
    SG - AAA & Hamilton
    SF - Gallo & Chandler
    PF - Faried, Harrington + draft a PF
    C - McGee, Mozgov & KK

Stone can be brought back too but has to really work on his mid range shooting otherwise he is no threat on pick & rolls.

I think Marquis Teague would be a perfect fit with Denver but we might have to move up a couple of places in the Draft to get him. He is quick and suits Denver basketball. He is prone to turn overs but at 19 I think he can work that part of the game.

I think we keep Brewer as well.

As far a free agency, not sure how much Denver does here. We do have a large trade exception so we could try and pick up a veteran to replace what we lose with Miller.

Thoughts?

vCash
    I say we draft a sg or pf who can shoot/defend (develop him so he can be a complimentary piece to Faried later on).

Why would you want Diaw? That guy is a fat bum I would much rather have Al. Frye would be awesome.

Page 1 of 87 1231151 ... LastLast