Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 77 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast
    vCash
    everyone hates us, but we don't ****ing care!

and did Croon just say Torres was offside when he was in his own half? Just goes to show how little the man actually knows about this sport

At the end of the day, we're champions of Europe, and it doesn't really matter what a bunch of jealous muppets on the internet are spouting! Drinks are on me croon!

Bobby D's Blues

vCash
    Spurs BEST TEAM IN 50 YEARS WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    Dolphins Mock Draft:
    1: Zach Martin
    2: Austin Seferian-Jenkins
    3: Shayne Skov
    4: Seantrel Henderson/Dakota Dozier
    5: Tre Boston
    6: Marion Grice
    7: Beau Allen

vCash
    would have loved to have seen Harry's face. Thursdays are still Spursdays, normal service is resumed.

Bobby D's Blues

vCash
    is unfair they are thrown out ( and i dont have any love or hate for Tottenham)

And i dont get Uefas up and down attitude with this subject.( see previous post on the two ocassiosn this has happened).
    ]

vCash
    I see nothing wrong with throwing them out.
    Dolphins Mock Draft:
    1: Zach Martin
    2: Austin Seferian-Jenkins
    3: Shayne Skov
    4: Seantrel Henderson/Dakota Dozier
    5: Tre Boston
    6: Marion Grice
    7: Beau Allen

vCash
    ^they earned their spot.

so has chelsea.

So the solution they aplied with liverpool is right , make chelsea go torugh previous stages, I mean, come on they are not going to get eliminated by Avenir Beggen , spartatk trnava or Maribor Branick, are they?
    ]

vCash
    Congrats to Chelsea fans. Certainly not the most pleasing way to play the beautiful game but it worked... they seemed destined to win this after beating Napoli 4-1. An odd combination of a sound game plan, perfect execution and luck in crucial moments.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellcrooner View Post
    hey you.

do you know that Sig is false?

First you got to beat whoever comes out from Libertadores.

And i hope whoevet it is spanks you.

but firts Lets see the game in september in monaco, GO ATLETICO give the cowards what they deserve.

welcome to the other side

top bracket should be the winner between Flu and Boca, bottom bracket should be Santos again... i would love to see a Boca vs Santos final again, Riquelme and Ganso the two best 10 in Sudamerica right now and Neymar against the veteran Schiavi
    Last edited by HoopsDrive; 05-20-2012 at 12:39 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDrive View Post

welcome to the other side

top bracket should be the winner between Flu and Boca, bottom bracket should be Santos again... i would love to see a Boca vs Santos final again, Riquelme and Ganso the two best 10 in Sudamerica right now and Neymar against the veteran Schiavi
    come on hoops, there have to be a couple of better than riquelme young 10s playing in south america right now.
    If not the future is looking ugly....... i mean riquelme didnt do crap in europe you know? absolutely unimpresive.
    ]

vCash
    I don't get the snobbishness towards saying how football should be played. If everyone played the same way, it wouldn't be as exciting. One of the things that makes football great is the seeing two teams play with polar opposite ways of going about it, there's so many ways to play the game. I love when an expansive side like Bayern plays a defensive team like Chelsea. It makes it close, tense and exciting. Enjoyed the game.

If everyone else tried to play like Barca all the time, Barca would win everything pretty much, because they do that way best. But if Barca tried to play like Chelsea, they wouldn't have such success as they're not that physical a team. There's beauty in the way Barca play sure, but there's also beauty in a defensive formation after grabbing an early goal too. It's clever, it demoralises opponents and can win you games. Good tackles and last second blocks make it exciting. You don't need to win 6-0 every time. I'd rather be a team that wins 1-0 every single game than one that loses a lot but gets a few 6-0 wins. Of course you'd love to win 6-0 every game but if you play the counter game and are winning 1-0 anyway, it's still possible to get 6-0 wins if the opportunities to counter come.

You play to your strengths as a team, not to some imaginary moral football code, saying football should be played this way or not. Chelsea played to their strengths, letting the opposition have the ball more, and ultimately took advantage of an off colour Bayern. You can only beat what's in front of you too so hats off to Chelsea. Saying that as a QPR fan too, I'm not that bothered about Chelsea let's say.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Éire go Brách View Post
    I don't get the snobbishness towards saying how football should be played. If everyone played the same way, it wouldn't be as exciting. One of the things that makes football great is the seeing two teams play with polar opposite ways of going about it, there's so many ways to play the game. I love when an expansive side like Bayern plays a defensive team like Chelsea. It makes it close, tense and exciting. Enjoyed the game.

If everyone else tried to play like Barca all the time, Barca would win everything pretty much, because they do that way best. But if Barca tried to play like Chelsea, they wouldn't have such success as they're not that physical a team. There's beauty in the way Barca play sure, but there's also beauty in a defensive formation after grabbing an early goal too. It's clever, it demoralises opponents and can win you games. Good tackles and last second blocks make it exciting. You don't need to win 6-0 every time. I'd rather be a team that wins 1-0 every single game than one that loses a lot but gets a few 6-0 wins. Of course you'd love to win 6-0 every game but if you play the counter game and are winning 1-0 anyway, it's still possible to get 6-0 wins if the opportunities to counter come.

You play to your strengths as a team, not to some imaginary moral football code, saying football should be played this way or not. Chelsea played to their strengths, letting the opposition have the ball more, and ultimately took advantage of an off colour Bayern. You can only beat what's in front of you too so hats off to Chelsea. Saying that as a QPR fan too, I'm not that bothered about Chelsea let's say.

Not everybody has to play like Barsa.

You can play like Mourinho teams too.
    Yes he has a more defensive approach, but HE ACTUALLY has his teams going for the win, doesnt take many risks but creates plays and goes foward with speed instead that with touches.
    But waht chelsea does is stay all the time in the defense in hope that penatly kicks comes or a lucky counterattack comes.
    Thats B.S

That is acceptable for a Championship2 team with 2 million pounds budget playing a premier leageu team with 200 million pounds budget in the F.A cup , but not in a champions league game when your budget is around the same than your rivals.
    ]

vCash
    Not everybody has to play like Barsa.

You can play like Mourinho teams too.
    Yes he has a more defensive approach, but HE ACTUALLY has his teams going for the win, doesnt take many risks but creates plays and goes foward with speed instead that with touches.
    But waht chelsea does is stay all the time in the defense in hope that penatly kicks comes or a lucky counterattack comes.
    Thats B.S

That is acceptable for a Championship2 team with 2 million pounds budget playing a premier leageu team with 200 million pounds budget in the F.A cup , but not in a champions league game when your budget is around the same than your rivals.
    There's no difference in what Mourinho and Di Matteo wanted to achieve against Bayern. You don't get to a Champions League final and not want to win. They both wanted early goals, you've neglected that Chelsea pushed on breaks to start with. Difference is Chelsea didn't get it and Bayern's determination took over and they did what they normally do, controlling play and passing it around. If Chelsea had had the chance, they would've attacked more, but you're underestimating Bayern here. Plus they had 2 centre backs with injuries because their others were suspended so piling men forward and quickly having to retreat would've been lunacy as they'd go down with a massive gap in the centre for a 40 goal scorer in Gomez to exploit. They pushed on when they could at 1-0 down too though.

The fact that they came back late in the game and took the game to penalties was in their favour, Bayern were deflated mentally, and players like Drogba by his admission were very confident. It was a pretty good gameplan to be fair. If you think that's typical Chelsea then you're mad, they wouldn't do that against Sunderland or Villa. Bayern and Barca just play some of the best football in Europe and you'd be mad not to plan for that when you have a depleted squad (in the latter game) that's only just regaining their confidence. It's acceptable, yes. When you're the manager, you can do whatever the hell you want with your team in terms of tactics, regardless of competition, regardless of money. A manager who lets the cost of his team influence tactics is an utter fool. You might not like it, but there's more than 2 ways to play the game. Di Matteo didn't choose these players anyway, he just did the best with what he had. You can't argue with the result.
    Last edited by Éire go Brách; 05-20-2012 at 01:51 PM.

vCash
    come on hoops, there have to be a couple of better than riquelme young 10s playing in south america right now.
    If not the future is looking ugly....... i mean riquelme didnt do crap in europe you know? absolutely unimpresive.
    well he's a beast down there... there are young ones like Oscar, Elkeson, Lucas and Nem (last 2 are not true 10 though) and established ones like Diego Souza and Montillo though

vCash
    lol at Crooner man he made me enjoy this thread soooo much. Chelsea so happy they won, I have question though right before Ribery going down in the box couldn't you have said Torres should have been given a PK as well since he was clipped.
    Eastern Illinois Class of 2012'

vCash
    Im still stunned...

You really can't take much away from Chelsea. They didnt do anything wrong the whole game and took advantage of the fact that Bayern took their chances terribly. As a Bayern fan Im disgusted with the horrible finishing. Apart from the PK miss by Robben (WHY WOULD YOU LET ROBBEN SHOOT! HE MISSED AGAINST BVB), one example really stuck in my mind was Gomez skying it from the just outside the penalty spot. Also they couldnt do anything from like 19 corners! A disgrace for Bayern fans everywhere.

I want wholesale changes to this club to happen this summer. Im tired of having 0 squad depth. Tired of the hirings of old coaches who will only be able to stay at the club for 2 years max. They need a bomb striker like Dzeko or Giroud to complement and at times replace Gomez. They need another back up CB; Bads, Boateng, Dante won't be enough. And most of all, I want a young, energetic coach who can bring some fire under Bayers behinds.

Ughhh... two terrible seasons in a row.

EDIT: Just read that Bayern will spend €60Mil this summer so I guess we will see some changes.
    Last edited by Germa_Rican; 05-20-2012 at 02:46 PM.

Page 11 of 77 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast