Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

J. Cole Confirms Joint Album With Kendrick Lamar

J. Cole says he and Kendrick Lamar are four or five songs deep on their joint project.

A collaborative mixtape between J. Cole and Kendrick Lamar has been long-rumored, but now, it appears that the project is finally becoming a reality.

“I just started working with Kendrick the other day," revealed Cole in an interview with Hot 97.5's . "We got it in, finally, again. [It's gonna be an] album, man,” he clarified.

“We actually worked, bouncing ideas, which was great. The vibe was so good that it was like, man, that’s absolutely gonna happen," he added.

We got maybe four or five [songs] together."

During the interview, J. Cole praised Kendrick and Top Dawg Entertainment for placing a value on each of their releases. "So when Kendrick blows, you can go back and buy his mixtapes - because he called his mixtapes albums. So I really respect how they did it."
    This is amazing news...cant wait to see how this turns out.

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/i...kendrick-lamar

vCash
    I know a lot of people don't like Cole any more...or never did...

But I'm excited for this. Hopefully Kendrick brings out the best in him.
    [IMG]hi[/IMG]

J_M_B is offline Good Enough Ain't Enough
    vCash
    Yeah I used to listen to the Warm Up Cole, but I'm still going to give this a listen ..

Like ManRam said maybe Lamar brings out the best in him

vCash
    I'm worried that Cole will change Kendrick on this.

vCash
    i think this will be good. Kendrick is good even on his "softer" songs. in fact, people may prefer him on those.

but, i think this will make J Cole try to out-rap him (which he'd never be able to do, but it'd be fun to listen to)

vCash
    Yes great point Mane. I think this will make Cole try hard instead of using lines like "they cant out fart me." Hopefully he'll revert back to The Warm Up Cole.

vCash
    I'm worried that Kendrick will change Cole on this.

vCash
    I'd be fine if he changed Cole. He makes a lot of garbage. And Kendrick doesn't.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckwheat View Post
    I'd be fine if he changed Cole. He makes a lot of garbage. And Kendrick doesn't.
    I know J. Cole hasn't been the same since The Warm Up but wheres all the garbage you talk about? Like Manram said I'm excited and I think Kendrick will bring out the best in him.

vCash

Our QB > Yours

vCash
    Just listen to their song Temptations if you're worried about the quality of this album. That song is ****ing perfect.

Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III, and Colin Kaepernick walk into a bar... To watch Russell Wilson win the Super Bowl.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by baller101200:22174812
    Just listen to their song Temptations if you're worried about the quality of this album. That song is ****ing perfect.
    Yea I wish they would release that song already cause I havebt found it in good quality

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckwheat:22172485
    I'm worried that Cole will change Kendrick on this.
    I would cry
    I'm In.

vCash
    Too kewl for J. Cole guys?

Our QB > Yours

vCash
    Yes. As a fan of some of the most mainstream artists in the world, I am too cool for someone like J.Cole, yet somehow like Kendrick Lamar.

I just think a lot of his album had boring and rehashed ideas that you'd expect from J.Cole. You can almost predict what he's going to say and I'd like some better beats that aren't so soft.

Not to say the album sucked.. It was good, imo. He just hasn't stood as a guy with replay value for me because one song seems to hold the same content as the next.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast