Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 45 of 67 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast
    vCash
    K.C Johnson ‏@KCJHoop
    Thibs on DRose: "He has to go through regular practice for an extended amount of time before we even think about him playing." #Bulls

vCash
    I am yearning to see Rose play again. This team is too inconsistent. We look good against good teams from time to time and then look bad against them.
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

vCash
    Derrick Rose will travel on the Chicago Bulls' two-game trip to Orlando and Miami, but coach Tom Thibodeau downplayed expectations of a more expedited return from knee surgery.

"You dont want to rule out anything," Thibodeau said. "But he has to go through regular practice for an extended amount of time before we even think about him playing."

The general guess-timate on Rose has been a return after the All-Star break, sometime in late February or early March.

"Whether its after the All-Star break, two weeks after, its when hes ready," Thibodeau said. "We dont want to put a date on it. When he makes it through practices for an extended amount of time and theres not any soreness the next day, well make a decision then. Hes got a long way to go."

Rose is making his first trip with the Bulls since tearing his left ACL last April 28. He spent time around the team in Los Angeles on Nov. 17 but was already in that city for rehabilitation purposes.

Thibodeau said Rose won't sit on the bench during the games.

"All along, as he has started to do more, hes going to be traveling and working on what he needs to work on," Thibodeau said. "Prior to the games, I want him to do his rehab. Hes still focused on that. As he gets closer, hell eventually be on the bench. But were still a little bit away from that."

Rose has been participating in non-contact portions of practice and joked with teammates after Tuesday's New Year's Day practice about taking left turns while running laps. This is yet another sign that his return isn't imminent.

"Hes doing more of practice but he still cant take full contact," Thibodeau said. "There are several steps he has to go through. This is all part of the plan of bringing him back. But everybody has to be patient."

In other news, neither Kirk Hinrich nor Joakim Noah practiced but both traveled to Orlando. Noah is battling an illness and didn't even attend the Berto Center, meeting the team at the airport.

Hinrich said he has been battling a bone bruise in his left knee but moved well while taking shots after practice and said he's hopeful to play against the Magic.

kcjohnson@tribune.com
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...,3444761.story

vCash
    It will be nice to see rose

vCash
    Its going to be the greatest day ever when he finally comes back
    Cubs and Bears

vCash
    It would be dope if he returns on my birthday, 28th of Feb

If you quit ONCE it becomes a habit. Never quit!!!
    - Michael Jordan

vCash
    I was eyeing february 28th as well since it is also my birthday. But i think it will be a bit earlier than that.

vCash
    He's coming back on my birthday, July 15

vCash
    He's coming back on Seal's birthday, Feb 19th, first game after the break. And they'll play 'Kiss from a ROSE' during intros.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by phen0m View Post
    He's coming back on Seal's birthday, Feb 19th, first game after the break. And they'll play 'Kiss from a ROSE' during intros.
    i just got chills.

btw, what does his face say in brail?

vCash
    i'm excited to see derrick on the bench!
    "The (MVP) award, don't get me wrong, it's an honor to be mentioned in the category, let alone win it. But I'll take a championship any day." - #1

vCash

Aziz Ansari on Seal.

vCash
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dz5OL5HBZAw

You can always create a place for yourself.
    vCash
    he is traveling with the team and not sitting on the bench. so he is just going places for what? he should stay in chicago and rehab instead of getting free rides to different cities
    Cubs Bulls Bears Blackhawks

vCash
    Right because there is no such thing as travel fatigue.

Page 45 of 67 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast