Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 66 of 67 FirstFirst ... 165664656667 LastLast
    vCash
    K.C Johnson ‏@KCJHoop
    Until DRose scrimmages fullcourt 5-on-5 without issues, any updates on him are mostly pointless.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 97'bulls View Post
    I think he's doing full court stuff they're just not saying it. Shumpert got surgery 10 days before Rose and it already almost playing normal minutes. There's no way Rose is so far behind that he's not even doing full court stuff while someone with surgery 10 days earlier is regularly playing
    I'm certain he has been doing full court/team stuff as well... I'm just playing by the media though. When we're all expecting Rose to return any day now, they have to be careful on how they release information, they're going to try and baby (lack of better term) us into the return releasing information gradually, not to far apart and not too close. I chose to work with a 2 week clip between "big news" and it is holding true. Now they are breaking it up into fine pieces to extend the wait (3 on 3, predictable contact, etc...) I sort of just expected us to hear about full contact, then full practice or whatever... I'm sure they are stretching it out via Rose's demands as he needs to take as much time as he wants to feel comfortable in any given situation which is important for a star of his caliber.

My only personal stipulations was that he would return before All-star break and that it would be at a home game. That isn't looking like the case anymore. It's still possible though, I expect to hear about full practice within the next 2 days. I really can't see him returning vs. Heat nor at an away game. Maybe we will see him at the end of the month, you never know.

That's just my own personal fun trying to predict his return game, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezio View Post
    Working with the mods to remove your edit dates eh? How low can you go

vCash
    Didn't Thibs say that the Bulls don't do much scrimmaging during the season anyway? That can be the only reason I think that Rose isn't doing 5-5 scrimmaging then.

vCash
    Right, wrong, indifferent, or just doing his job KC Johnson annoys the **** out of me.
    I got this

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bodupp311 View Post
    right, wrong, indifferent, or just doing his job kc johnson annoys the **** out of me.
    yes

vCash
    Yeah... agreed to a point. KC saying updates are meaningless is stupid. He could've said the same thing in June, July, August, September, October, November, and December because Rose wasn't playing 5 on 5 at any point during that time either

vCash
    Guys just a few more weeks! Im so freaking pumped!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBEeX-fsrF4

vCash
    I really hope Rose is back on February 11th vs San Antonio Spurs at home on National TV.

But I think Bulls might just hold him off until all-star break anyway.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cool007 View Post
    I really hope Rose is back on February 11th vs San Antonio Spurs at home on National TV.

But I think Bulls might just hold him off until all-star break anyway.
    Told my brother that he's coming back on his bday so I hope too

vCash
    I bought tickets awhile ago to the Feb 26th game against the Cavs on a whim that that'd be the day. ray:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fukudome View Post
    I bought tickets awhile ago to the Feb 26th game against the Cavs on a whim that that'd be the day. ray:
    That seems too far away to me. I think he should be back within 2 weeks. Right after all-star break vs Hornets IMO.

vCash
    I think they should let him play asap. I think people (not all people) are underestimating the psychological barrier he's going to have to break through when and only when he plays his first game. And by asap I mean assuming he's physically ready.

vCash
    I can get caught up in it too. Excited to see Rose in the Bulls locker room after the team defeated the Bucks in Milwaukee Wednesday, I had thoughts of Rose being back in the mix by the All-Star break. It's the first time I've seen Rose eating pizza with his teammates and hanging out at his locker as if he were ready to don the uniform at any moment. I realize Rose has been traveling with the team for some time now, but I had yet to see him like this - one of the guys again - in a long time.

I took the opportunity to chat with Rose off-record about life, his new baby and how the rest of his family is doing. It's encouraging to see his spirits are good considering the long and grueling comeback road he's been on. But, as I drove down I-94 back to Chicago, reality sunk in and I know Rose still has a long way to go.

I realize we all want Derrick back as soon as possible and any progress the Bulls All-Star guard is making in his rehab from ACL surgery is cause for giddy optimism, but The Return as it's been dubbed is not imminent and patience is still the name of the game.From what I gather, Rose is still at least a month a way from playing and it could be well into March before he steps on the court for game action again.

Coach Tom Thibodeau cleared the air Wednesday about what Rose has been doing in practice lately, and reports surfaced that Rose took another major step forward with full contact 5-on-5 practice.

"Nothing is different," Thibs said curtly.

The bottomline is Rose has been taking contact in practice since January 22, mainly in 2-on-2 situations. He's been cleared for 5-on-5 contact but the Bulls haven't had any practices in which they have been able to scrimmage, so it just hasn't happened yet. And don't expect Thibodeau to be forthcoming about when it will happen either. Gathering information on Rose has been like pulling teeth, Bulls players have been instructed not to talk about it or give any details, and Rose himself has politely declined any on-the-record interviews about his progress as well.

So, we're left wondering, guessing, prying, and speculating about The Return. When the Bulls finally get to having a full scrimmage practice, Rose will have to endure several sessions before he can return to game action, and that puts the time frame past the All-Star break in my estimation. I've also heard from several sources that there is a 'cautious camp' within the Bulls organization who'd like Rose to take his time coming back and a 'more aggressive camp' who'd love to see him back as soon as possible. Whether or not those two camps will clash when his return date gets closer remains to be seen.

For now, we all may have to put down the Rose-colored glasses and take Derrick's comeback one step at a time.
    http://www.csnchicago.com/blog/bulls...rose-y-reality

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezio View Post
    K.C Johnson ‏@KCJHoop
    Until DRose scrimmages fullcourt 5-on-5 without issues, any updates on him are mostly pointless.
    F off KC

Jimmy G. Stops

vCash
    The thing about all these articles is that it seems to try to dampen any excitement/hope bulls fans have. It's like they're going out of their way to do it for whatever reason. If he's taking contact since jan. 22nd, how the **** is he a month away? I understand that you need 5-5 scrimmages but c'mon, it's not like none of it is going to happen within the next month which they're acting like it is. I just don't get every article coming out now cuz they're all putting a serious damper on anything that gets chicago fans excited. I understand they're speculating cuz the bulls ppl won't tell them **** so they decide to say 'hey let's stay in a glass half empty kind of phase like we always do and write something about it'.

Page 66 of 67 FirstFirst ... 165664656667 LastLast