Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 64 of 67 FirstFirst ... 14546263646566 ... LastLast
    vCash
    If my internet Fails the day oh the return i will drive my car 200 miles to the headquarters of the network company and slap their faces.
    Motivating Picture for PORTUGAL @ Brasil World Cup

vCash
    It feels like people aren't making as big of a deal out of Rondo's ACL tear as they were about Rose's. I'm from Boston and it seems like it was more devastating to everyone about Rose's tear. Rondo said he'd be back in six months according to something I just read. I felt like when Rose got hurt everyone was asking, "Oh well will he be the same when he comes back?" but nobody seems to be freaking out as much about Rondo's injury.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 97'bulls View Post
    It feels like people aren't making as big of a deal out of Rondo's ACL tear as they were about Rose's. I'm from Boston and it seems like it was more devastating to everyone about Rose's tear. Rondo said he'd be back in six months according to something I just read. I felt like when Rose got hurt everyone was asking, "Oh well will he be the same when he comes back?" but nobody seems to be freaking out as much about Rondo's injury.
    Might have to do with the idea that Rose's game was based solely on athleticism while Rondo's wasn't.

Or because Rondo isn't that good.

vCash
    That's cause Rose is more explosive than Rondo.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezio View Post
    That's cause Rose is more explosive than Rondo.
    Rondo uses his speed and quickness just as much though, he just doesn't finish at the rim like our boy does

vCash
    Rondo's also nowhere near as good as Rose. Plus Rondo's two weeks away from being 27 years old (2.5 years older than Rose).

vCash
    There's so much expectation from D.Rose being young and coming off a MVP campaign. The fact that the Bulls are in contention last season just add to shock. Rubio and Rondo on the other hand, got injured while their team is playing mediocre basketball. I don't think there's much expectation from any of them, than that of D.Rose.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 97'bulls View Post
    It might be how they both used their explosiveness. Rose used it to contort his body into awkward positions to score which put a lot of pressure on his lower body wherease Rondo never did that nearly as much. By just watching, at least for me, it looked like rondo doesn't stress his body as much as rose and thus looks smoother than rose does when both are playing.

vCash
    Quite a few Celtics fans are either indifferent or happy he's out, at least on the forums... Rondo is underapprciated

vCash
    Is he underappreciated, or severely overrated? I don't necessarily believe they're worse for wear without him. But we'll see.

And then. He made them pancakes.

vCash
    Just a couple more weeks guys

vCash
    Still feels like just yesterday we began the countdown.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LGhost View Post
    Quite a few Celtics fans are either indifferent or happy he's out, at least on the forums... Rondo is underapprciated
    He's really just significantly overrated

vCash
    He can't score. He requires good scorers around him to be successful and he's had that pretty much his entire career, so nobody has seen him fail. Nobody realizes that he isn't that good. He just is a great distributor and has great court vision, but what happens when his teammates can't hit shots? Rondo sure as hell isn't taking over the scoring load.

vCash
    It might be because they either didn't think their team could contend (imo I thought boston could), or they're looking at the small sample size where they celtics have a good record without him and their efficiancy or something is higher with him off the floor as well, but again, the key is small sample size during last couple season. I don't think he's overrated at all, his court vision is amazing imo, yes I know he isn't exactly a scorer but he looks like he's improved his jumpshot and can get into the lane at will and finish at the rim well, and yes I know he isn't a good ft shooter.

Yes he doesn't put up crazy scoring numbers and all but he gets other guys shots. No one on Boston can create his own shot outside of Pierce, and no one on Boston can set up other guys on the team like Rondo can hence imo will be the most noticeable weakness they'll have now. So Rondo has had to be the guy who can get the ball at what looks like any angle on the court to a guy to get his shot off so imo he isn't overrated at all. The only other point guards that have the court vision of Rondo are Nash/Paul. Plus he's the best rebounding pg in the league outside of westbrook and I think leads the league in triple doubles. You don't do all that if you're 'overrated'.

Plus every player in the league has weaknesses.

And for the ppl that say he pads his stats, he doesn't do it to the point that he's hindering the team.
    Last edited by ChiBulls4Life; 01-29-2013 at 12:24 PM.

Page 64 of 67 FirstFirst ... 14546263646566 ... LastLast