Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 67 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast
    vCash

Report: Derrick Rose has surgery

Thanks toovs, that was insightful

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by toovey107 View Post
    Finally I can make myself useful

I tore my ACL my senior year in a basketball game. Similar play too remincing... whoah. I haven't read too much about what grade his was but mine was shredded... tore my meniscus as well as spraining my MCL.

I could go on a tangent here but it's easily the hardest thing I've dealt with... as much mentally as physically. It's not just your knee too, it's a lot of pain/work building up your hamstring & quad. You would not believe how much your muscles shrink and how ****ing tight your hamstring gets. I also got a patella graph so you'll feel a lot of soreness there in the beginning.

It's true that everyone is different though... I was ahead of the curb by like a month. I also had to continue on my own after 4 months though bc of school so I regressed in that sense. Long story short I didn't feel like my old self for about 10 months I would say, even though I felt good around 6 months. Good thing is though, it's true... rehab makes you get stronger in other areas. Might not feel yourself for a full year but you'll be in better shape.

Also have to factor in the fact that Rose will work extremely hard and has all the advantages medically/training wise. He'll be fine, just cannot rush it.
    I tore my ACL on my left knee, tore part of my popliteal muscle, fractured part of my femur, sprained my MCL, and tore my meniscus. My injury was actually gruesome more so than Rose's. Playing basketball, I landed on one leg after a rebound and tried to twist then heard a pop. I had surgery a month later and began rehabbing after I was off my crutches.

I started running 4 months later and started doing more movement 6 months after. I didn't start playing basketball until one year after my injury. I didn't have the luxury that Rose had, and I'm no where near the specimen Rose is. But I became more confident and playing the same level one and a half year after my injury.

I'm not as explosive as I was before, but I can tell you that I'm a lot smarter player nowadays. As long as Rose takes care of his body, he'll be fine. My injury was more devastating than Rose's and I'm playing again. Add on the best doctors, the best rehab plan, and athletic specimen, Derrick Rose will be a better player when he comes back. That I guarantee, but patience is a virtue.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bosh2010 View Post
    will he ever be his old explosive self once hes 100%? or will he lose a step or two?
    wouldn't mind him being less explosive if it meant he developed his outside and mid range game more. watching CP he uses his strength and intelligence more than explosion.

vCash
    I hope that rose recovers fast as well!

An now that he is not practcing he has more time to drunk a beer with O_touro
    Yes, yes... i am a frind of Derrick... he just doesnt know it yet!
    Motivating Picture for PORTUGAL @ Brasil World Cup

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vdv36 View Post
    you actually referenced a player from this generation!!!
    Still did it incorrectly though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by toovey107 View Post
    Finally I can make myself useful

I tore my ACL my senior year in a basketball game. Similar play too remincing... whoah. I haven't read too much about what grade his was but mine was shredded... tore my meniscus as well as spraining my MCL.

I could go on a tangent here but it's easily the hardest thing I've dealt with... as much mentally as physically. It's not just your knee too, it's a lot of pain/work building up your hamstring & quad. You would not believe how much your muscles shrink and how ****ing tight your hamstring gets. I also got a patella graph so you'll feel a lot of soreness there in the beginning.

It's true that everyone is different though... I was ahead of the curb by like a month. I also had to continue on my own after 4 months though bc of school so I regressed in that sense. Long story short I didn't feel like my old self for about 10 months I would say, even though I felt good around 6 months. Good thing is though, it's true... rehab makes you get stronger in other areas. Might not feel yourself for a full year but you'll be in better shape.

Also have to factor in the fact that Rose will work extremely hard and has all the advantages medically/training wise. He'll be fine, just cannot rush it.
    Cheers Toovey.

Blessings on Rose & his recovery!!

"A lot of basketball players today are overpaid & it influences their game & work ethics in a negative way. They've been given things they haven't earned and I think the game has been cheated." - Michael Jordan

"Without honor winning holds no value. When one lacks true virtues, victory becomes empty & the unethical triumphs." - B. Modigliani

#LoyaltyOverRoyalty

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by boolish View Post
    wouldn't mind him being less explosive if it meant he developed his outside and mid range game more. watching CP he uses his strength and intelligence more than explosion.

CP wished he had Rose's explosion..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LGhost View Post

CP wished he had Rose's explosion..
    yeah but he is playing bb in the playoffs, not rehabbing from major surgery.
    so it pays to be slow and smart.
    Last edited by boolish; 05-14-2012 at 03:03 AM.

vCash

vCash
    "I love Derrick," Krzyzewski said Monday at the Team USA media summit. "He helped us win a world championship in Istanbul. He's our starting point guard. I thought he grew a lot from that experience. He's somebody in the future I know will be a point guard for our Olympic team.

"He's a team player, no one pushes the ball down the court any quicker than he does. He can be an outstanding defensive player. Our hearts go out to him. It was a big loss for our team. Hopefully the surgery he had just a day or so ago will be proven to be very successful."

Indeed, as USA Basketball chairman Jerry Colangelo pointed out, Rose was a prime example of following the "Select Team" path -- younger players chosen to practice against the Team USA veterans, who eventually can slide into primary roles within the program.
    Coach K

vCash
    K.C Johnson ‏ @KCJHoop
    Bulls announce GM Gar Forman and team physician Brian Cole will give Derrick Rose medical update Tuesday at 3 PM.

Athletic trainer Fred Tedeschi also at DRose medical presser. #Bulls typically make doctors and trainers off-limits to reporters.
    KCJ

Brent/Rosh/MJ. New Rose thread or merge it all into one?

vCash
    Bump for what the FO has to say about Rose today at 3 pm. Chicagobulls.com should have it live.
    Last edited by Ezio; 05-15-2012 at 01:18 AM.

vCash
    ya

K.C Johnson ‏ @KCJHoop
    Bulls announce GM Gar Forman and team physician Brian Cole will give Derrick Rose medical update Tuesday at 3 PM.

vCash
    I'm sure Brian Cole is a great physician, but I'm surprised the Bulls didn't seek out some "expert" on ACL surgery.

vCash
    Derrick Rose's doctor said he believes Derrick Rose's recovery from ACL surgery will take between eight and 12 months.
    If Rose gets back at exactly the eight-month mark, he'll miss the first 10 weeks of the 2012-13 season. If he ends up needing the entire 12 months, he'd be targeting a return during the playoffs. Somewhere in the middle seems logical, but we won't know until we see how Rose responds to rehab. Rose's doctor added that the 2010-11 MVP "should" return to his old form, but it's not "guaranteed." He also said that a late-January return is a best-case scenario.
    Wow that's a long recovery time. Better find a cheap PG to start, Watson can't do it. Hinrich is available and may take a discount to come back to Chicago even in this scenario. Andre Miller, Nate Robinson, Mo Williams, Beno Udrih, Derek Fisher, Jameer Nelson, Jamal Crawford, and Ray Felton are all UFA's this summer as well. Just not a lot of cap space, althought the only FA the Bulls will bring back may be Asik.
    Last edited by Assman22; 05-15-2012 at 04:37 PM.

Page 6 of 67 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast