Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 67 1231151 ... LastLast
    vCash

The Return Countdown: Rose participating in full contact practice

Over the next few months, I figure we'll have tons of updates on Rose's surgery/recovery/rehab/etc. Hope we can consolidate it in one thread. Anyone have updates on his surgery? With Shumpert already rehabbing and surgery last Wednesday (May 2nd), I'm curious what's going on with Drose.

vCash
    He will have surgery at the end of the month at best. Before that he will prehabbing the supporting muscles of the leg. Five to 10 months from the date of surgery he is expected to be back.

vCash
    Here goes another dumb question from O_Touro
    When does next season starts?
    When are the drafts?
    And when do you think rose will return?
    Motivating Picture for PORTUGAL @ Brasil World Cup

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by O_Touro View Post
    Here goes another dumb question from O_Touro
    When does next season starts?
    When are the drafts?
    And when do you think rose will return?
    Preseason starts beginning of october, Regular season starts normally on halloween, the draft is late june. I expect rose back in January or after all star break.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bullishsince87 View Post
    Preseason starts beginning of october, Regular season starts normally on halloween, the draft is late june. I expect rose back in January or after all star break.
    Thanks!
    Motivating Picture for PORTUGAL @ Brasil World Cup

vCash
    Its gonna be a long recovery for him, and the Bulls have their work cut out for them next season

For the first time in my life -- I felt fear. And I was blinded by its brilliance. I believed fear to be a part of the chaos I abhor, but it was more controlling than all the willpower in the universe. And it would be mine.

vCash
    I'm hoping there is no more damage found once they get in there......

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Flogger View Post
    He will have surgery at the end of the month at best. Before that he will prehabbing the supporting muscles of the leg. Five to 10 months from the date of surgery he is expected to be back.
    I'm curious why they are waiting that long, considering Shumpert's surgery was last week..... But yeah, I realize two different ppl... two different injuries....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 72 Wins View Post
    I'm curious why they are waiting that long, considering Shumpert's surgery was last week..... But yeah, I realize two different ppl... two different injuries....
    The prehabilitation is being done to give Rose the best possible chance to make a full recovery. Strengthening the surrounding muscles will help once surgery is done and rehab starts, which is immediately after surgery.

vCash
    Chances of retearing an ACL is ~15% but the risk is even greater, ~23%, of tearing the healthy knee due to overcompensation.
    Quote Originally Posted by effen5 View Post
    2 years ago, this team was worth 650 million dollars. Derrick Rose has played ten games since and now this team is worth a billion dollars. Clearly, it's Tom Thibodeu.

vCash
    No date set for surgery. But he's doing rehab already?

vCash
    Prehab

vCash
    K.C Johnson ‏ @KCJHoop
    DRose stopped by Berto Center again Monday as he continues recovery work in advance of his ACL surgery. #Bulls
    K.C Johnson ‏ @KCJHoop
    After surgery. RT @1901Madison: @KCJHoop has the "6-9 month" clock started yet? Or does it start after surgery?
    K.C Johnson ‏ @KCJHoop
    Thibs on DRose: "Heís coming along well, doing a lot of rehab, feels pretty good. Thatís encouraging." No scheduled date for surgery ye

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bullishsince87 View Post
    Yea i dont think Rose will be back till January at the earliest tbh. Even when he does come back he wont be the same. I think he's going to favor it and become more of a jump shooter. I think the 2013-14 season is when we will see Rose back to normal.

vCash
    my bet is the goal for his return will be christmas 2012. fingers crossed

Page 1 of 67 1231151 ... LastLast