Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 44 of 67 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I'd guess it would be a non-national home game against a 'lesser' team to let Rose get his feet wet.

vCash
    Is NBATV considered national coverage? It's definitely lesser than ESPN & TNT. That San Antonio game is on NBATV but the next home game is against the Heat on TNT 02/21.. After that is against Cleveland which would probably be the best choice (albeit the Irving\Rose "comparison" pressure) the next few opponents don't demand much attention, although they are all on national tv. I feel that Cleveland game is too late even though it is after the all star break (02-17), I suspect he will actually return before the all star game.

Fri 1 @ Brooklyn
    6:30 PM CSN-Chicago ESPN 1000

Sat 2 @ Atlanta
    6:00 PM WGN-TV WGN America ESPN 1000

Thu 7 @ Denver
    9:30 PM WGN-TV ESPN 1000

Fri 8 @ Utah
    9:30 PM CSN-Chicago ESPN 1000

Mon 11 vs San Antonio
    7:00 PM CSN-Chicago NBATV ESPN 1000/WRTO 1200

Wed 13 @ Boston
    6:30 PM CSN-Chicago NBATV ESPN 1000

Tue 19 @ New Orleans
    7:00 PM CSN-Chicago+ ESPN 1000

Thu 21 vs Miami
    United Center, Chicago, IL
    7:00 PM ESPN 1000/WRTO 1200

Fri 22 @ Charlotte
    6:00 PM WCIU ESPN 1000

Sun 24 @ Oklahoma City
    8:30 PM WGN-TV ESPN 1000

Tue 26 vs Cleveland
    7:00 PM CSN-Chicago ESPN 1000/WRTO 1200

Thu 28 vs Philadelphia
    7:00 PM ESPN 1000/WRTO 1200

March

Sat 2 vs Brooklyn
    7:00 PM WGN-TV WGN America ESPN 1000/WRTO 1200

Sun 3 @ Indiana
    7:00 PM WCIU ESPN 1000

Wed 6 @ San Antonio
    8:00 PM CSN-Chicago ESPN 1000

Fri 8 vs Utah
    United Center, Chicago, IL

vCash
    I doubt it's before the break; they'll probably view the break as extra free rest days where the team doesn't have to play any games so Rose technically isn't missing any more games. I see them using that as a final stretch of time to really get Rose ready to go.

My wild guess is that he comes back against the Spurs (maybe Pops rests 1 or 2 guys) or the Cavs game. I think his first game being against the Heat may just be a bit much, though the hype for that game would be huge.

vCash
    Geez, that Feb/early March schedule is brutal.....

vCash
    No kidding...

vCash
    hes coming back in January. No way hes going to do full practices for a month (at least) before returning.

by day 30 the team will be asking the coach/gm/president/benny the bull to put Rose back in the lineup.

This is under the assumption that he isn't sore following practices. I think he has to have 3 weeks of trouble free practices, which I don't think (from what we are ALL reading) that hes too far from...
    Last edited by Badluck33; 12-30-2012 at 10:44 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Badluck33 View Post
    hes coming back in January. No way hes going to do full practices for a month (at least) before returning.

by day 30 the team will be asking the coach/gm/president/benny the bull to put Rose back in the lineup.

This is under the assumption that he isn't sore following practices. I think he has to have 3 weeks of trouble free practices, which I don't think (from what we are ALL reading) that hes too far from...
    Some could say you're being overly optimistic but I completely agree. I think they're downplaying how well he's doing and I think he's much closer to ready than the public is being lead to believe. The dude has been dunking for like two months and running. If he's traveling it means he is taking contact because he can still be run through workouts without the team. If he's with the team it's likely that he's taking contact because why else would he be there? I don't buy that he's only getting re-acclimated with the offense. Thibs doesn't run any intricate offense other than a basic motion. He's played for Thibs for two seasons, it's safe to say he knows the offense. I think he's taking contact already but I just think they're going to make him take contact for a ridiculously long time before letting him play.

I feel that the organization, by holding him out longer than needed (if in fact he is ready soon) is doing the wrong thing psychologically. That mental hurdle of returning to the court cannot be overlooked and the more you build it up for him and the more you delay it the harder it will be for him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosh View Post
    I doubt it's before the break; they'll probably view the break as extra free rest days where the team doesn't have to play any games so Rose technically isn't missing any more games. I see them using that as a final stretch of time to really get Rose ready to go.

My wild guess is that he comes back against the Spurs (maybe Pops rests 1 or 2 guys) or the Cavs game. I think his first game being against the Heat may just be a bit much, though the hype for that game would be huge.
    Bingo, ive thought this since the beginning. I think they've been set on right after the all star break as his timetable even though he will probably be ready to go way before that, to give him those few extra days plus they dont want to take public criticism saying they rushed him back before the break.

The spurs and cavs games are actually before the break, the hornets are the first game after and i think that'll most likely be his first game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 97'bulls View Post
    Some could say you're being overly optimistic but I completely agree. I think they're downplaying how well he's doing and I think he's much closer to ready than the public is being lead to believe. The dude has been dunking for like two months and running. If he's traveling it means he is taking contact because he can still be run through workouts without the team. If he's with the team it's likely that he's taking contact because why else would he be there?
    From my personal experience of two ACL reconstructions (albeit as a High School athlete), you can do quite a bit after just a month and a half of the surgery, yet not given the clean bill of health of 'limitless activity.'

A dunk, layup, jump, long run is easily in the wheel house of a professional athlete within several weeks of the surgery, yet it's much safer to extend the recovery period to ensure maximum healing than to rush the player back and risk re-injury. Especially that risk consists of a career threatening/altering injury to the best player on the franchise.

vCash
    Great news for bulls/NBA fans!

Enjoy Haters
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQkyxNNNefg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImlKH...eature=related

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

vCash
    I hate how Thibodeau downplays any positive thing we hear about Rose's return. I understand it completely because he doesn't want his team to focus on it. But still, to say Rose, "Isn't anywhere close to playing" and "He's very far away from playing" just seems to be untrue. If he's doing defensive slides and doing non-contact practice he must be somewhere near it. Thibs makes it sound like Rose will be out for another 5 months. I have a really hard time believing it will be any longer than a month and a half. Anything more than that is just holding him out out of fear. They're going to have to let him play eventually

vCash
    Let him downplay it all he wants. If he's actually being accurate, then great, we know around when to expect him and we aren't getting our hopes up. If he's keeping mum about how far along Rose actually is, then it will be a pleasant surprise when he does come back. Either of those are far better than them saying (or even speculating) that he's further along than he actually is...it just sets up for a let down.

I think Thibs is doing the right thing. I don't think he means '5 months' at all. He understands the fans and is appropriately tempering expectations. I think the fanbase as a whole is just getting antsy because of the current up-and-down play of the team and the subtle fade from relevance. The fans know Rose can remedy most, if not all, of that. From that springs all of this, "Oh, they're keeping him out for too long" and "I think the Bulls are lying about how far he is, he's DUNKING!".

My view on it is simply this: Let the guy come back when he comes back. We are all largely fortunate enough to have one of the most brilliant minds in basketball right now coaching our team. The current group has not done horribly and the fact that they've been able to keep up this play over a large part of the last two seasons (the main core at least) is a testament to their level of play and Thibodeau's coaching.

We will do well enough to manage in the regular season until he gets back. Playoff seeding is largely unimportant; it's not like Rose is going to make us go from something like an 8 seed to a 1 seed with the amount of time he'll be playing for the rest of the year. What's most important long-term is that he gets his feet back under him this season, God-willing at 100%, and can play at a good percentage of his full effectiveness come playoff time. It doesn't matter who we face in relation to seedings. I trust Thibodeau and Rose to take us as far as they can; Rose's return isn't going to magically net us a second star this season. Rose will come back when he's ready and he will take this team as far as we can go in the playoffs. No matter what Jerry Reinsdorf believes, I believe the final decision to return will rest squarely on Rose's shoulders. And I'm comfortable enough with the team we have in place to suffer through the speed bumps until we get to that point.

vCash
    As if people here aren't used of Thibs. The best way to deal with his comment is to totally ignore it.

Isn't it redundant to you guys? I think it is to Thibs. And he handled it very well.

Usual Q&A between reporters and Thibs:

When is _______ going to play?

a) Game time decision

b) Day to day basis

c) When he is ready/feels good

d) When the team is assured to win(applicable to Scalabrine only)

See? it's like a question in an exam. By far Thibs has perfected it.

Now goes the hard part, reporters evolve and ask tricky questions.

I interpret Thibs answer as "stop asking when is D.Rose going to be back."

vCash
    Derrick Rose said he will travel with #Bulls to Orlando and Miami.
    https://twitter.com/KCJHoop

vCash

Page 44 of 67 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast