Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 24 of 67 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jpro611 View Post
    Seriously though, look at the guys in the NFL and how fast they came back, mendenhall tore his acl week 17 last year and was playing Sunday... That's incredible and with roses work ethic I see no reason why he won't be back before schedule
    From now on I think most of it is mental preparation. When he gets his first dunk in, it would be a load of his mind.

vCash
    Rose is so sexy...

vCash
    D Rose is ahead of schedule fellas. Its just being kept on the D-L for marketing and sensationalizing purposes through media and merchandising.

In that recent interview with Ms. Shrug-all-the-time on ESPN Rose says that he's running, doing shooting drills, and doing box jumps. He says (in other interviews) that he feels stronger than ever, especially with how he's worked hard on his core like never before.

His only remaining rehab is mental, really. If Shumpert is coming back in December than Rose should naturally be game-ready by mid January maybe earlier. Rose is stronger than Shump, and the fact that the Bulls did not rush him into surgery is only a good thing when comparing their rehab's.

I mean, I'm definitely completely ignorant of ACL injuries. But doing box jumps, running, set up shooting drills, You can't tell me that rose is still 4 months away from being game-ready, or longer, or a season-shut down. Give me a break!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by xxcubs22xx View Post
    D Rose is ahead of schedule fellas. Its just being kept on the D-L for marketing and sensationalizing purposes through media and merchandising.

In that recent interview with Ms. Shrug-all-the-time on ESPN Rose says that he's running, doing shooting drills, and doing box jumps. He says (in other interviews) that he feels stronger than ever, especially with how he's worked hard on his core like never before.

His only remaining rehab is mental, really. If Shumpert is coming back in December than Rose should naturally be game-ready by mid January maybe earlier. Rose is stronger than Shump, and the fact that the Bulls did not rush him into surgery is only a good thing when comparing their rehab's.

I mean, I'm definitely completely ignorant of ACL injuries. But doing box jumps, running, set up shooting drills, You can't tell me that rose is still 4 months away from being game-ready, or longer, or a season-shut down. Give me a break!

Yeah i agree with you. In the interview where he says he starts cutting in 2weeks, and then he basically will be ready to go, that should take two months at max. But we do have to be careful with this injury.

vCash
    I wonder if he is ready to go by christmas will they play him or hold him out a little more, just for precautionary reasons.

vCash
    I think he will be back by January at the latest at this point... The fact that I saw him on the court before the preseason game doing shoot arounds and without the knee brace has me extremely optimistic

And then you look around nowadays at athletes and how they return faster after ACL injuries, the outlook is pretty good

We will see Rose soon

vCash
    He's on that AP track.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bullishsince87 View Post
    I wonder if he is ready to go by christmas will they play him or hold him out a little more, just for precautionary reasons.
    I think a lot may depend on how the team is doing. If they are doing well, you hold him out as long as you can (making sure to give him enough time to get back upto game speed for the playoffs).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldog312 View Post
    I think a lot may depend on how the team is doing. If they are doing well, you hold him out as long as you can (making sure to give him enough time to get back upto game speed for the playoffs).
    Agreed... or you put him playing increasing minutes from game to game
    Motivating Picture for PORTUGAL @ Brasil World Cup

vCash
    ray:ray:all i want for christmas is rose in a bulls uni!

vCash
    Do we play on Christmas? If so and Rose is ready, he should come out in a Santa suit during intros.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bullishsince87 View Post
    I personally don't see him playing this year. I see him back on the court some time in early january of 2013. Reasoning is to get his endurance back for most part on the court during practice and to get a little more used to playing with the new guys before doing it in an actual game is my thinking of the matter.

vCash
    My brother tore his ACL 3 times. The first time he tore it he was running for a pass in football, and he leaped for the ball and landed in a puddle on his left leg. His body kept going forward and his leg buckled. He rushed back early playing soccer after 5 months, and he tore his ACL again, which turned out to be a faulty procedure cuz it didn't take much to tear.

This time he took the recommended time off, which for him was 6 months, and he really rehabbed it. He came back stronger than ever and was more agile than I've ever seen him by a long long shot. After 3 years of that leg holding up, we were playing football again, and he caught a screen pass. The defender pursuing the play tripped and fell right as my brother caught the ball and turned around. He fell right into that same knee and with my brother going full speed his leg stopped and his body kept going. He tore his ACL for the 3rd time. He actually finished out the season with his knee double braced and played pretty good. The doctor told him that his knee didn't go due to any weakness. It tore because of the impact. As a ACL tear Regular, my brother agreed that there was nothing he could do that would have prevented it to not tear. It was purely impact.

Basically my point in all of this is, with proper rehab, and hard work, you can easily come back 100% from an ACL. When comparing work ethic, doctors, trainers, and so on between my brother and Derrick Rose, I have know doubt in my mind that Rose will come back stronger than b4. I know my brother did, and Rose is about infinity times more likely to come back stronger than my brother did.

BTW my brother took 8 months off this year, and he's back to playing football. Only problem is, he got a little outta shape during this rehab because when he realized he was going to be out of sports for a long time again, he decided to get his torn labrum fixed that was torn for 6 years. I doubt Rose will be getting out of shape, so I am 100% certain that Rose will be back sooner than the experts think, and he will probably only need a few weeks to get back into the rhythm of the game!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    My brother tore his ACL 3 times. The first time he tore it he was running for a pass in football, and he leaped for the ball and landed in a puddle on his left leg. His body kept going forward and his leg buckled. He rushed back early playing soccer after 5 months, and he tore his ACL again, which turned out to be a faulty procedure cuz it didn't take much to tear.

This time he took the recommended time off, which for him was 6 months, and he really rehabbed it. He came back stronger than ever and was more agile than I've ever seen him by a long long shot. After 3 years of that leg holding up, we were playing football again, and he caught a screen pass. The defender pursuing the play tripped and fell right as my brother caught the ball and turned around. He fell right into that same knee and with my brother going full speed his leg stopped and his body kept going. He tore his ACL for the 3rd time. He actually finished out the season with his knee double braced and played pretty good. The doctor told him that his knee didn't go due to any weakness. It tore because of the impact. As a ACL tear Regular, my brother agreed that there was nothing he could do that would have prevented it to not tear. It was purely impact.

Basically my point in all of this is, with proper rehab, and hard work, you can easily come back 100% from an ACL. When comparing work ethic, doctors, trainers, and so on between my brother and Derrick Rose, I have know doubt in my mind that Rose will come back stronger than b4. I know my brother did, and Rose is about infinity times more likely to come back stronger than my brother did.

BTW my brother took 8 months off this year, and he's back to playing football. Only problem is, he got a little outta shape during this rehab because when he realized he was going to be out of sports for a long time again, he decided to get his torn labrum fixed that was torn for 6 years. I doubt Rose will be getting out of shape, so I am 100% certain that Rose will be back sooner than the experts think, and he will probably only need a few weeks to get back into the rhythm of the game!!!
    great post. I agree with you.

I think we see him sooner than people think.

vs. Miami on January 4th 2013

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezio View Post
    He's on that AP track.
    My thoughts exactly!
    Hey coach. Do you have ANY idea what you are doing?
    Thats what I thought.

Page 24 of 67 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast