Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Guerrero signs with the Jays

Ken Rosenthal ? @Ken_Rosenthal

Source: Guerrero will go to extended spring training with #BlueJays and proceed from there. Deal worth $1.3M, prorated for time in majors.

He can't be any worse than Adam Lind right now.

vCash
    Great move!

Move EE to 1B, have Guerrero DH and send Lind packing.

vCash
    I'm not really a big fan of this move. Adam Lind is garbage and most anything would be better, but this just wasn't as much of an upgrade as I'd have liked.

vCash
    Always liked Vlad. Too bad he's 105 years old now. He can't do any worse than Lind, or, dare I say it, Bautista right now. I still have confidence in Bautista, but none in Lind.

vCash
    It's an awful move and it shows the Jays have no intention of giving Snider a chance. Why else sign an older guy who isn't even in playing shape when you have a guy with the upside to be a solid player down the road?

Vic Mackey: You better figure out how much you hate me. And how you're going to deal with that. 'Cause I'm not going anywhere.

This sums up every sports interview, ever.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Twitchy View Post
    It's an awful move and it shows the Jays have no intention of giving Snider a chance. Why else sign an older guy who isn't even in playing shape when you have a guy with the upside to be a solid player down the road?
    What are you talking about? If Snider makes the Blue Jays he's not DHing.. He's playing left field.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitchell133 View Post
    What are you talking about? If Snider makes the Blue Jays he's not DHing.. He's playing left field.
    Snider to left.
    Thames to DH.
    Encarnacion to 1B.
    Lind on the first plane out of town.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitchell133 View Post
    I get the feeling that Guerrerro isn't here to be a platoon bat. I'm thinking Lind goes away somehow, EE to first and Guerrerro becomes the starting DH. And if that happens, like I said, Snider loses out.

Maybe I'm wrong. I just don't see what the point of signing Guerrerro is when Francisco is probably the same kind of hitter at this point in their careers and Francisco can actually go in the field.

The move might be even worse if the point is to get rid of Francisco by adding Guerrerro. It's a step back if that's the case. Francisco isn't terrible and he's more valuable than Guerrerro in 2012.

Vic Mackey: You better figure out how much you hate me. And how you're going to deal with that. 'Cause I'm not going anywhere.

This sums up every sports interview, ever.

vCash
    #championship

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueYankee View Post
    #championship
    #check the standings

vCash
    I dont know why it took so long for him to get signed. Im fully convinced the guy can get outta bed and still hit, his bat is probably good enough to be a full time player but he cant do anything else. I thought he would be a perfect DH in the NL.

vCash
    This move reminds me of something Ricciardi would do, and not A.A. I'd rather they give Snider another chance, to be honest.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Twitchy View Post

Couldn't agree more!!
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/image.php?u=197023&type=sigpic&dateline=1335472201

vCash
    i dont think this affects snider at all. if snider comes up he is playing left field.

vCash
    This doesn't affect Snider one bit. I don't see the Jays using Vlad as an everyday player, but more of a platoon, or DH. I think they might move EE to 1B, or something but I don't know yet. Also, I think the Jays need as many viable bats as possible right now with the way this offense is rolling. This gives the Jays a few options as if Vlad can get going, he can give the Jays a bit off a boost. I don't hate this signing, I feel like it's a low risk-high win signing, however that is only if this doesn't affect Snider. If it does, I hate it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast